Scary?

Dummer318

I'm about to start this game but I've been warned by several people that it is very scary. Now, I'm not one to get scared easily but I typically get most of my gaming in at night. So I was wondering if maybe I should play it during the day or if the scary aspect is just hype.

Edited by Dummer318

Ive got it as a friend from the UK left it so i have it until mid June. I hear this game is kinda easy but the fact that its scary seems to make it lOok a lot harder and i keep backing down from starting it. Can anyone tell me a game that has around the same difficulty level as this that id probably know? It would comfort me knowing that the scare doesnt add any difficulty because im the kinda person who pisses himself at nothing. It feel a bit weird playing Dead Nation at night lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I got scared all along when the first playthrough, and slept with dreaming of nightmare. But the second playthrough of impossible difficulty, 8 months after the first play through, I find it not so scary. Maybe what you need is just to get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This game scary? If your a scifi/horror junkie like me... this game was the Single Most Greatest Video Game Tribute to the scifi/horror genre. Truly an experiance the first time. After that (if you grow to like the game) the second playtrough is just enjoyable.:)

• 5 weeks later...

It's not remotely scary after the first hour or so. The same two or three 'jump scares' - a monster dropping down from the ceiling, popping out from a vent or pretending to be dead - are used over and over again with no variation, with the impact lessening every time; ultimately the game just throws monsters at you constantly to overly dramatic music. There's no subtlety or pacing involved, just action, gore and melodrama.

Not that it isn't a really fun game, but it's a straight-up action game, not horror.

Edited by Viewtiful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All depends on your personality. If you play by yourself at night and get way into games, like there is no world but the game your playing, then you'll be anxious through nearly the whole game and jump almost every time something comes at you. "Scary" is a hard term to describe in video games.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All depends on your personality. If you play by yourself at night and get way into games, like there is no world but the game your playing, then you'll be anxious through nearly the whole game and jump almost every time something comes at you. "Scary" is a hard term to describe in video games.

Oh, yes. And it might also depend on difficulty. When I tried to play on hard from scratch, it was really scary because of scarce ammo and monsters' strength. I played it like a survivor horror and I was really horrified at times. Also Isaac is silent, so you can just put yourself in his gravity boots.

But when I got my ass torn apart again and again in Chapter 2, I said "Muck it, me gonna play on easy and use them DLCs on impossible! And them cheats aplenty!" - since then it was a breezing shooter :whistle: Although the regenerating dude still gives me the creeps, a great piece of monster design...

DS2 on normal was not really scary for me, just a couple of cheap jumps. Let's see what the hardcore mode has to offer :think: