Chapter 3 Credit Glitch!

jqtaxpayer

Courtesy of YouTuber Johnny9Storm, here is a video detailing the credit glitch in Chapter 3 -- perfect for obtaining "Maxed Out" and for making "Epic Tier 3 Engineer" much more manageable:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM9WsyIESME]YouTube - Dead Space Glitch (Huge Credits)[/ame]

Xhaustr gives us a Chapter 4 glitch... PS3T Member pro_gamer13 has previously posted a thread regarding this glitch, but the video is reposted here for the sake of convenience:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwEn4qJM00M]YouTube - Dead Space Credit Glitch Chapter 4[/ame]

Kamehameha23mj from YouTube posted this Chapter 11 Ruby Semiconductor glitch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKk8hF2nYkI]YouTube - dead space glitch for getting credits chapter 11[/ame]

Edited by jqtaxpayer
Added 2 more YouTube videos containing credit glitches.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! I am going to try this asap. I am 1/2 way through chapter 2 Impossible walkthrough. This glitch will make the rest of the game a breeze if it works.

If anyone can confirm before I get to it, please post.

Uhh... I think the video confirmed it! :p

I just wish I knew about it before I got Maxed Out... but it'll help to breeze through the Impossible difficulty. I've had just about all of this game that I care to deal with... from the reviews I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought the game was too linear, the characters and plot too depthless, and just about everything else about the game absolutely uninspired.

The suit glitch did not work for me but a version of the credit glitch does work I can confirm that I did it last night.

I couldn't get the glitch to work like it did in the video but this is what I did until I f**ked the glitch myself :mad:

So use a node to open the door and use kinesis to move the money out of the room. I brought the money through the crushing doors and placed it on the catwalk. I ran to the save station, touched it and ran back like the video said and no extra credit. but if you go back to the room where you used the node, the credit has respawned. I brought the credit back through the door and placed it on the catwalk again. And ran back to the save point. Rinse and repeat.

I screwed myself by when I had the credit with my kinesis I hit X by mistake. And the glitch was over. No respawning credit =( I got 60K out of it though.

The suit glitch did not work for me but a version of the credit glitch does work I can confirm that I did it last night.

I couldn't get the glitch to work like it did in the video but this is what I did until I f**ked the glitch myself :mad:

So use a node to open the door and use kinesis to move the money out of the room. I brought the money through the crushing doors and placed it on the catwalk. I ran to the save station, touched it and ran back like the video said and no extra credit. but if you go back to the room where you used the node, the credit has respawned. I brought the credit back through the door and placed it on the catwalk again. And ran back to the save point. Rinse and repeat.

I screwed myself by when I had the credit with my kinesis I hit X by mistake. And the glitch was over. No respawning credit =( I got 60K out of it though.

So once you hit X and pick up a credit the glitch ends?

How many credits can be sitting on the floor at once?

After a few tries I finally got this to work.

It didn't work as the video shows, I had to tweak it a little, and it seemed to work randomly.

I had to put the credits on the 4th section, not the third, and move them back each time before I ran to the save. Another credit would appear once i passed the section a few times. Didn't work every time, and once I hit 18 credits it stopped working completely.

Took forever, but I got 90,000 free credits which is a nice bonus and should help a lot.

Thanks for the video JQ!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does it works in EU version?

coz im doin evrything thats show and Iam runnig from save point to that doors but theres still no credits on the floor.

any tips?

edit://

thx cclarkson, I just tried to run again to that room where credit was ,and i had to bring em on that floor from room. Then i just runned to the save point and went again to room. It works too

Edited by mYousic

The glitch is different for some my 1st try which was for easy they would spawn in the same place as the video the corridor but on my hard run it would spawn in the main room on the large open floor.

Aftre 165,000 credit the sound went I picked them up saved the game and restarted it and it was back to normal a seriously helpful glitch for hard run max out rig and stasis and your fine.

• 2 months later...
The glitch is different for some my 1st try which was for easy they would spawn in the same place as the video the corridor but on my hard run it would spawn in the main room on the large open floor.

Aftre 165,000 credit the sound went I picked them up saved the game and restarted it and it was back to normal a seriously helpful glitch for hard run max out rig and stasis and your fine.

Yeah, my sound crapped out too... fixed itself at the next chapter, though. Small price to pay for a fat stack of credits. (P)

Added two more vids involving two more glitches, but haven't tried 'em yet.

• 1 month later...

If the glitch seems not to be working for you..

Go back to where you found the 5.000 Credits. It could happen that it appears there again and again. So you have to go the longer way to put it to the position between the broken door and the save point. ;)

Edited by kareha

Big thanks to the original youtubers and jqtaxpayer for consolidating all these glitches into one post. I netted ~200,000 on the Chapter 3 credit glitch and ~500,000 on the Chapter 4 glitch. By Chapter 9 of my first playthrough I had enough for the Maxed Out trophy. :)

A couple words of advice for anyone who has yet to do these: Be sure to save before at the nearby station before doing anything. Then you can try multiple times, since sometimes the credit will stop respawning after the 20th iteration, or the 30th iteration, etc. It's random. Keep trying till you bank a good amount of dough. Secondly, be aware that the glitch may not happen exactly as shown in the youtube. Play around with it. It may happen easier than shown, or maybe a little more work may be involved, but it seems well worth it to me.

i need about 450.000 credits from the chapter 4 glitch to do the maxed out trophy ... anyone has taken that amount of credits outta of that glitch? if so...any tips?

Yeah, like I said a couple of posts up, I was able to milk 500k out of that Chapter's glitch before it stopped respawning. Here's what happened for me: I tried to do just like the guy did in the video on the first page, but when I went to move the credit over to the center of the hallway, it just disappeared. Without me letting go of L1 or anything. I was just about to give up and reload my last save, but then when I walked back down the hall, it respawned! So right there I knew I had it. So I picked it up using kinesis, and then shot it across the room to the corner. Walked back down the hall and then back again, and presto the credit was there. Picked it up, shot it to the corner, etc. rinse and repeat. I was getting 5K every 10-15 seconds! :D Did it for several minutes before it stopped respawning, but by then I had plenty of dough.

Sorry I don't have a youtube of it, I really need to get on board with how to do that. But just play with it a few times. With glitches on Chapters 3, 4, and 11, you're bound to make mega bank with at least one of them!