Annoying as Hell

FLACK666

It clearly must be me, I downloaded this thinking it would be good fun but jesus, I cant get the red trace line to go where I want, the AI's is straighter than a bullet from a gun and twice as fast, I aim mine at the speed pick ups and it just swerves past them laughing at me all the way, lol.

• Haha 1

Here are some of my tips that might help some people out on the Tracer Hacks:

*Utilizing all the abilities they give you is very important.

*Drafting is very helpful in catching up with the computer. If you are behind try to follow the line left by the computer

*Stopping is also important in getting through narrow areas

*DO NOT use any boost until you at the least 85% done with the hack. Look at the top of the screen to see how close you are to finishing.

*Try to save your reverse power up and wall power up until the end as well. The only excpetion for using the wall before the end is to slow down one of the attacking ones from getting you or when you are right in front of the computer putting 1 or 2 down to slow the computer. Other than that save your abilities untill you are near the end.

*Hitting boost is very important but don't go out of your way to hit one.

*Practice and memorization is important. If you fail just keep trying and you will eventually be able to anticipate what comes next because some are very difficult the first time or two.

Hope this helps

I agree, the trace route minigames are stupid. I luckily finally got the "Ain't Got Time To Bleed!" trophy on my final playthrough of the 4 to get the other trophies and only managed it by like 15 seconds on route D. God I hate the trace routes, the whole reason I couldn't get less than 30 min the first three playthroughs. Thankfully I never have to play through them again and try to get under 25 min again. Ugh, truelly the worst one in this game. Didn't mind the others at all though.

First, i should note that i did not like this game at all. I am a huge lover of Dead Space, thus was excited to learn that my reservation of DS2 came with a free downloadable game, just to find out it sucks. Second, i found that not moving my analog forward while moving straitens the line a bit, but the AI is done by the game computer, so naturally they are perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trace route controls were annoying, it seemed like it was taking input in terms of both the orientation of your dots movement and the controller orientation. What I mean is that if you're heading from left to right on screen pressing either up or left on the stick would make your dot turn left. It made it a little confusing when the screen rotated. However, after a few times through the game you do get used to it. Timely use of the power-ups is the most important thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was gonna buy this game, mainly for the Dead Space 2 unlocks, is it worth 3.99 GBP though?

Yes, it is worth that much...not for the game but for the unlocks. However if you wish to get the trophies, it's a great bonus even if they are annoying as hell.

I hate those Trace Route sections, purely because of the dire controls. The Virus sections and Hardware Cracks are better, especially if you use the walkthrough for the Hardware Cracks.

I wish they had patched in Move Support as that would have made the Trace Routes so much easier!

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 years later...

I really am struggling with the Trace Routes hacks.  My teenage kid can easily ace them so it is definitely not impossible or hard for others, can the age of a gamer be a factor? 

What I have noticed though is that using the :ls: to control the trace with :lsup: and :lsdown: is much harder to than using :lsleft: (up or right) and :lsright: (down or left).  We just have to condition our minds of it but I did find it easier to navigate the 'maze' this way.  Horizontal it is easy to go up and down, but when it goes vertical that is where it gets tricky as :lsright: moves us to the LEFT and :lsleft: moves us to the RIGHT - it is just so unnatural being inverted, the mind just simply resists!

The colour of the enemy Countermeasures carry their own characteristics and we really have to avoid getting in contact with them as much as possible:

💠The most rage inducing ones are Green Seekers as they are responsible for pushing us against the wall of data blocks. 

💠The Purple Watchdogs will relentlessly follow us around while placing random DDoS attacks (inverts the controls) and Firewalls to block our path.

💠The Cyan Tracers are just the usual rubber-banding sunnovabitches (we see in most arcade racers) that devs love putting in there just to troll the heck out of us.

But yeah, just like what the OP had said...

loltyler1-gamer-rage.gif

this damn thing is annoying as hell.

Edited by Naps
... I feel like getting an aneurism any moment now.