XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > D (PSN) > Dead Space: Ignition

Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to megaman80
Default does pause stop clock?

does pause stop clock?

i used the trophy guide, and i was 16min behind the target time, i just dont know how to really beat 25min i used pause and looked on pc (had to run into another room like 50 times during the playtrough so it took some time). im starting to think even if you pause the timer still runs, is this correct?
megaman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

From what I can tell, the pause function does NOT stop the clock. I was using an online guide for some of the power break puzzles (having a hard time with the splitters) and would pause to get a good look at the layout of the board and would come in shy of 25 minutes. I know the trophy says not counting the cinematics but I think that's a lie as well.

There should be a trophy in Playstation Home for listening to "Chain Swing" 50 different times.
天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just got my 100% for Dead Space Ignition, i cleaned up the 25 min time trial on my 4th playthrough when i got the Gold engineer trophy.

I selected Down and then Up on the two choices... but i think that Up and then Up again was the easiest. by my 4th playthrough i was doing really good.

You need to make sure you win all the traces the first time, and dont restart them. memorize the first set of the power hack puzzles so you dont need to use the guide. skip the cinematics, i not sure if they count or not quite yet, but a strategy i did use, (because i was also suspicious that pausing the game did not stop the clock) was to look at the guide during the cinematic and get your next power break puzzle set up in your head, then skip the cinematic.

the virus puzzles just spam the hell out of triangle and circle lol. triangle viruses stop everything so the circle viruses get by

I went through very quickly, i finished with a time of 22:37. and i was positive when i finished that i hadnt even got 25... so youll probably end up getting this when you think youve screwed up and lost. i screwed up 1 time on a power break (went fairly slow) which i thought made me lose, because my 3rd playthrough i had got 25:43 as my time.

I hope this helps a little bit... im pretty sure pausing does not stop the clock...try to use the cinematics to check the guide as needed.
ThEliteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Staff - Super Moderator   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

The trophy for 25 minutes says "excluding cinematics" so they don't count. Pausing most likely counts, as I paused a number of times on my <25 min runthrough and I came in at 24 min when I know my actual play time was faster than that.
Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

You can pause durring cinematics though, at least I'm pretty sure you can. I did for about 15 minutes to eat and still got 28 minutes because I screwed up at the very end of the final tracer game and had to go all the way through it again. That was playthrough number 2 and #3 I ended up with 29 minutes skipping all cutscenes and screwing up on one of the last tracers again, not the same one though. I finally got it at 24:45 on my final playthrough (#4) and actually screwed up on one of the tracers again and had to replay. Got really lucky lol!

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

No but having your controller disconnected does it's proven by me hahah I was playing early in the morning left it on came back at night and finished it with only 26 min on the clock

YGC LUSO
Bloodhawk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Guide Supplement Silver   Word of Mouth - Gold   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Pausing stopped the clock for me. I had the game on all day, with it being on pause the majority of the time. My final time was certainly not 12+ hours
ShadowAFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

pausing did not work for me at ALL.... and as to the cinematics. thats b/s too....

i have had a decent run every time i have played and low and behold, 25.48 on my last best imo run....
its pissing me off the trophy says Excluding Cinematics.... so now to watch all of them i have to play 8 times total for story and 1 trophy....

dev's did a really shitty job on this one, yeah its entertaining, but come on

[COLOR="Navy"]
I DONT ACCEPT BLANK REQUESTS AT ALL... I AM A 25 YEAR OLD "CRIPPLE" FROM A WRECK, I HAVE 3 BOYS Gabriel he's 5, Daymien he's 3 & Uriah "Riah" is 2in OCT 2011
[COLOR]

Gmail- oXAequitasVeritasXo@gmail.com
DSites86@gmail.com
(mostly "PROUD" member)

Im also on other "social sites" as well... look out for me
[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
xoAequitasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhawk26 View Post
No but having your controller disconnected does it's proven by me hahah I was playing early in the morning left it on came back at night and finished it with only 26 min on the clock
This works, I did it too. Played for 4+ hours (paused/disconnected for 3h) and got clocked in at 1h6mins.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

t me pause DOESN'T stop the clock and i can't figure out how to beat 25 minutes... can't go less than 29

TROPHY CARDS
MerioMerio is offline   Reply With Quote