does pause stop clock?

megaman80

does pause stop clock?

i used the trophy guide, and i was 16min behind the target time, i just dont know how to really beat 25min i used pause and looked on pc (had to run into another room like 50 times during the playtrough so it took some time). im starting to think even if you pause the timer still runs, is this correct?

From what I can tell, the pause function does NOT stop the clock. I was using an online guide for some of the power break puzzles (having a hard time with the splitters) and would pause to get a good look at the layout of the board and would come in shy of 25 minutes. I know the trophy says not counting the cinematics but I think that's a lie as well.

I just got my 100% for Dead Space Ignition, i cleaned up the 25 min time trial on my 4th playthrough when i got the Gold engineer trophy.

I selected Down and then Up on the two choices... but i think that Up and then Up again was the easiest. by my 4th playthrough i was doing really good.

You need to make sure you win all the traces the first time, and dont restart them. memorize the first set of the power hack puzzles so you dont need to use the guide. skip the cinematics, i not sure if they count or not quite yet, but a strategy i did use, (because i was also suspicious that pausing the game did not stop the clock) was to look at the guide during the cinematic and get your next power break puzzle set up in your head, then skip the cinematic.

the virus puzzles just spam the hell out of triangle and circle lol. triangle viruses stop everything so the circle viruses get by

I went through very quickly, i finished with a time of 22:37. and i was positive when i finished that i hadnt even got 25... so youll probably end up getting this when you think youve screwed up and lost. i screwed up 1 time on a power break (went fairly slow) which i thought made me lose, because my 3rd playthrough i had got 25:43 as my time.

I hope this helps a little bit... im pretty sure pausing does not stop the clock...try to use the cinematics to check the guide as needed.

You can pause durring cinematics though, at least I'm pretty sure you can. I did for about 15 minutes to eat and still got 28 minutes because I screwed up at the very end of the final tracer game and had to go all the way through it again. That was playthrough number 2 and #3 I ended up with 29 minutes skipping all cutscenes and screwing up on one of the last tracers again, not the same one though. I finally got it at 24:45 on my final playthrough (#4) and actually screwed up on one of the tracers again and had to replay. Got really lucky lol!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pausing did not work for me at ALL.... and as to the cinematics. thats b/s too....

i have had a decent run every time i have played and low and behold, 25.48 on my last best imo run....

its pissing me off the trophy says Excluding Cinematics.... so now to watch all of them i have to play 8 times total for story and 1 trophy....

dev's did a really shitty job on this one, yeah its entertaining, but come on

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...