Ending of Ignition(spoilers)

Thunderfury

[spoiler=123] Was anyone else really intrigued as to what Franco actually did at the end? I'm sure I can't be the only one. At least now I know exactly how Issac begins the 2nd game. Discuss your thoughts and opinions if you want.

Edited by Thunderfury
Deleting unnecessary text

Yup Franco Is another Unitologist, but he does act much more sane then others, the only questions is who kept sending him the messages to get to Issac on time, also will he be in Dead Space 2 and if so will be be friend or foe.

Also no that was not a unitology shrine where Issac was kept because if it was he would be in the church, not in the pych ward of the hospital. It looks like he was brought there and frozen after the events of the first game to prevent him from dieing, but the church probably does see him as someone important because of his contact with the necromorphs.

Edited by dante_kinkade

I haven't figured out how to use spoiler tags yet, so if posting spoilers in the title isn't enough, I apologize beforehand, and promise I'll figure them out soon. Ok, to the topic. Was anyone else really intrigued as to what Franco actually did at the end? I'm sure I can't be the only one. At least now I know exactly how Issac begins the 2nd game. Discuss your thoughts and opinions if you want.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/8606-spoiler-tags.html

That will tell you how to use them properly as just putting spoiler in the topic header isn't the same as using them in the thread itself... I edited your first post with a spoiler tag in it...

Theories and answered questions in the tag...

[spoiler=42121]I don't think that Franco's a unitologist, although he does speak of the church with a form of reverence. It was confirmed that the beginning of Dead Space 2 takes place in a hospital, and coincidentally, the ending of Ignition is in a hospital. So that takes my belief of "you're a normal patient and necromorphs attack" and turns it to"you're almost a captive and wake up in the midst of the necromorph attack". I am VERY curious as to who's telling Franco to wake Issac up, especially since the final message is just "He awaits." That makes it seem to me that some unknown force wants Issac awake on the Sprawl without Issac knowing he's supposed to be released...even I can't figure that last sentence out. In response to a question, yes, Franco's partner dies whatever the ending. I can list them if you want later.

The messages aren't from the marker, at least, I highly doubt they are. Franco himself tells his partner that the messages are a reminder, meaning he had prior knowledge of Issac's release. If it was from the marker, then it would be kind of a sudden thing, not pre-planned like it seems to be. And that would mean either the black marker is on the Sprawl, or it's another marker like the red one. However, that would make a bit of sense if there was a marker on the station because that would seem the most likely way of necromorphs forming on the Sprawl. Well, it's the most likely way right now, that idea's subject to change.

[spoiler=112] For Sarah's death can go one of these four ways

She can be ripped apart by the small childlike Necromorphs.

Franco can shoot her.

She can suffocate in space because the space lock door is not opened.

Franco can lock a door behind him and she gets killed by Necromorphs.

But I am sure Franco is a Unitologist, not just because how he views the church and how he acts about it, but also because of one of the things he says to Sarah after she dies because of him. "maybe you'll understand... in the next life." The next life he could be speaking of the afterlife, but this being Dead Space and the fact unitologists keep talking about being reborn, I think it is more along this line.

The message is probably from a high level Unitologist or someone who knows about the marker and Issac.

[spoiler=112] For Sarah's death can go one of these four ways

She can be ripped apart by the small childlike Necromorphs.

Franco can shoot her.

She can suffocate in space because the space lock door is not opened.

Franco can lock a door behind him and she gets killed by Necromorphs.

But I am sure Franco is a Unitologist, not just because how he views the church and how he acts about it, but also because of one of the things he says to Sarah after she dies because of him. "maybe you'll understand... in the next life." The next life he could be speaking of the afterlife, but this being Dead Space and the fact unitologists keep talking about being reborn, I think it is more along this line.

The message is probably from a high level Unitologist or someone who knows about the marker and Issac.

[spoiler=113]

Excellent observation! In one path he also shakes hands with a priest or whatever they call them, after he sent Sarah away to look at the mausoleum.

The trailer of Dead Space 2 clearly indicates that Isaac is in the psychiatric ward. Franco frees him (for whatever reason) in the end, muttering about all the sacrifices he had to make, which would indicate that the Sprawl has been infiltrated by Unitologist, just as the Ishimura was.

Funnily enough, I thought he was a government agent after my first playthrough, but that theory has been ripped apart here already ;-)

The thing I'm curious about is the audio when they first released a trailer for Dead Space 2. Obviously Issac was going under some psychiatric evaluation with the doctor saying he's gonna show him some symbols and wants to know what they mean. But with the whole station in turmoil and no doctor on duty, I'm wanting to see what happened to Isaac between the ending of Dead Space 1 and being frozen.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm wanting to see what happened to Isaac between the ending of Dead Space 1 and being frozen.

I haven't checked this thread in a while... Lucky for you, there's a new animated movie being released in the next month or two that covers this period of time in Issac's life, so you'll find out soon.

• 1 month later...
[spoiler=113]

Excellent observation! In one path he also shakes hands with a priest or whatever they call them, after he sent Sarah away to look at the mausoleum.

The trailer of Dead Space 2 clearly indicates that Isaac is in the psychiatric ward. Franco frees him (for whatever reason) in the end, muttering about all the sacrifices he had to make, which would indicate that the Sprawl has been infiltrated by Unitologist, just as the Ishimura was.

Funnily enough, I thought he was a government agent after my first playthrough, but that theory has been ripped apart here already ;-)

the faith never infiltrated the ishimura if you watch the movie Downfall you will find out more then half the crew of the ishimura was believers of the faith

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...