Dead Space: Ignition - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

OnceFallen

FPkX9MI.jpg 

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 2.5/10

-Offline (breakdown): 10 (8 (B), 1 (S), 1 (G))

-Online (breakdown): 2 (1 (B), 1 (S))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-5 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Introduction:

Dead Space: Ignition is a fun little digital comic book mixed with some puzzle games included. The story itself is a primer for Dead Space 2, giving you a little insight into happenings before you start off the main game. There are also multiple paths that you can take that can move the story in a number of different ways, giving you replay value to see all the possible storylines. The puzzles are of 3 different varieties, none of which is too difficult once you get the hang of them. Trophy wise, they are all straight forward with most being related to the different puzzle types and the rest based on completing the story itself.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Playthrough Ignition Mode

Play through a regular game in Ignition Mode normally and get a feel for the different hacking games while playing. After you complete the game successfully, you will get Dirty Work, Trace Element, Stormed The Core!, Laser Burn, & Did Anyone Survive?.

Step 2: Playthrough Ignition Mode Through The Leaderboards

At the main menu, go to the "Leaderboards" and select "Ignition". When the leaderboard loads, hit :cross: to start a game. Make sure that during this playthrough you select a different path than the one you did in step 1. After you complete the game successfully again, you will get Catch Me If You Can! and Stop the Clock!

Step 3: Clean Up Remaining Hacking Game Trophies

Play through the game in Ignition mode 2 more times selecting the remaining paths that you haven't played through yet. While doing this step, you can aim to try to beat the game in under 25:00 minutes as well but your main focus should be to complete them in general with that being a side note. After you complete all 4 paths (2 in this step and the 2 from steps 1 & 2), you will get All your Trace are belong to us, Infectious, Planet Cracker & Chief Engineer.

Step 4: Finish Ignition Mode In Under 25:00 Minutes

You may have gotten this on one of the previous playthroughs but if not, playthrough the game again and aim for beating it in under 25 minutes. I would pick the path that you are most comfortable with to do this as you will be more familiar with it, so you should be able to go the fastest through it. If you are having problems, keep practising a certain path until you have all the hacking games in it down pat, then do the run through it. Once you finally beat it in under 25:00 minutes, then you will get Ain't got time to bleed! and your 100%!

Edited by Gage
Image fix

Trophy Guide

04.jpg  Dirty Work trophy_bronze.png 

Unlock the level 4 engineering RIG.

Just play through the single player Ignition game and when you reach the 4th area, your rig will be upgraded to level 4 and the trophy will pop after that!

05.jpg  Stop the clock! trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete any hack on the Leaderboards.

Select "Leaderboards" from the main menu and then select any of the different hack types to see the leaderboard for it. It's best if you pick one you're most comfortable with to make it go faster. After the leaderboard loads for that particular hack game, hit :cross: to begin a level. After you finish it successfully, the trophy will pop!

06.jpg  Ain't got time to bleed! trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete Ignition mode within 25 minutes by any route (excluding movies).

You must complete Ignition mode in under 25 minutes. The best way to do this is on your second play through as you will have all your power-ups at that point, making everything alot easier. Also, pick a path you are comfortable with (or that you have practiced if you are having problems with them). Once you finish the final hack and complete the game successfully in under 25 minutes, the trophy will pop!

07.jpg  Trace Element trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete a Trace Route hack in any single player mode.

See "All your Trace are belong to us"

08.jpg  All your Trace are belong to us trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete all Trace Route hacks in any single player mode.

You have to navigate your "data stream" through a maze of blocks and firewalls while other streams try to make it to the end first. There are speed boost circles throughout the runs that will give you a quick mini-boost (they are circles with arrows in it). You also can give yourself a boost by hit the :square: button (limited number of times). You can also put up a mini-firewall behind you by hitting the :circle: button (limited number of times) to slow down the rival streams. The last tool at your disposal is a reverse block that causes the other streams to move in opposite directions which can be used by pressing the :triangle: button. Your goal is to make it to the end before any of the blue streams!

For the trophy to pop, you have to play through all 4 paths in the game and successfully finish all the needed hack types. After you complete them all, the trophy will pop!

09.jpg  Stormed the Core! trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete a System Override hack in any single player mode.

See "Infectious"

10.jpg  Infectious trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete all System Override hacks in any single player mode.

Your goal is to make it to the end of the system board by releasing different virus types to overload the defenses in order to help clear a path to it. Once you have a path cleared (or at least a semi-one), then you want to keep releasing viruses so they go into the core to overload and shut it down, allowing you access into the mainframe you're hacking. The easiest way to do this (after you've unlocked all the viruses first) is use a combo of 2-3 :triangle: viruses followed by about 3-4 :cross: viruses, then another :triangle: one, then just spam :cross: for a while. Every so often as the :triangle: viruses run out, send out some new ones mixed in with the :cross: ones.

For the trophy to pop, you have to play through all 4 paths in the game and successfully finish all the needed hack types. After you complete them all, the trophy will pop!

11.jpg  Laser Burn trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete a Hardware Crack in any single player mode.

See "Planet Cracker"

12.jpg  Planet Cracker trophy_bronze.png 

Successfully complete all Hardware Cracks in any single player mode.

You need to reflect the light into the like colored receptors in another area of the grid. Do this by dropping reflectors & splitters and then adjusting them around to the desired direction you wish into the same colored pods at the end. Note that each of the colored end pods have an arrow pointing into them at a certain side as that is which way the light needs to be entering it for it to power it up properly.

Later on, you will have "chips" that will heat up and explode if they are hit with or are near light. Try to take out these as soon as you can as they can create valuable passages for you to use. Just remember that they exploded and will destroy anything you have put down near them within a 2 block radius around them, so if that happens, you'll need to replace those items afterwards (they don't disappear for good, just from the board and return to your inventory).

If you are having problems, you can check out this thread for some help with figuring them out: LINK

02.jpg  Catch me if you can! trophy_silver.png

Complete one Ignition mode path through the Leaderboards.

Select "Leaderboards" from the main menu and then select Ignition to see the leaderboard for it. After the leaderboard loads for that particular hack game, hit :cross: to begin the game. After you finish the entire game successfully, the trophy will pop!

03.jpg  Did anyone survive? trophy_silver.png 

Complete Ignition Mode.

Play through Ignition Mode (either through regular single player or through the leaderboard) and complete the game successfully. It doesn't matter which path you take in the game or how many times you have to retry any of the hacks, just make it all the way to the end and beat it. After you complete the game, the trophy will pop!

01.jpg  Chief Engineer trophy_gold.png 

Complete all hacks in any single player mode.

You must play through the game on all 4 paths and complete every one of the hacks in them successfully. Once you finish the final hack on your 4th playthrough, the trophy will pop!

Edited by Terminator
Fixed a broken link.

Hardware Crack Solutions/Help

These first 7 are the solutions for all of the puzzles in Path A (ie: the top path selection both times)! Choose this path for your first playthrough and then use the solutions listed afterwards to solve the ones on the remaining paths.

Act 1 (Hack 3)

OCrmvWG.jpg 

Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is and have it reflect down into the green pod.

Act 1 (Hack 4)

G1ISnub.jpg 

Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is and have it reflect up into the red pod.

Act 2A (Hack 1)

20jPLDW.jpg 

Place everything as seen and then just place a splitter where the yellow square is so it will shoot a yellow beam into the yellow pod.

Act 2a (Hack 4)

cfFiYI5.jpg

Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is and have it shoot right into the yellow pod.

Act 3A (Hack 3A)

AtDBAO1.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well) and then remove the two pieces near the top (see the splitters at the top for reference to them). Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is and have it shoot down into the yellow pod.

Act 3A (Hack 5)

JFOz5Pa.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well) and then remove the piece near the top right corner (see the red light line for reference). Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is and have it shoot down into the yellow pod.

Act 4 (Hack 1C)

YuxDHgz.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well). Place everything as seen and then just place a splitter where the yellow square is so that it will shoot yellow light into both sets of stationary mirrors.

The following are solutions to the remaining puzzles, but are all done after the first playthrough (so level 4 rig & all items unlocked to be used in the puzzles).

Act 2B (Hack 2)

m3FjUAc.jpg

Remove a piece in the top right corner (next to the red splitter) and then place everything as seen and then just place a splitter where the yellow square is so that it will shoot yellow light into the yellow pod.

Act 3B (Hack 3)

YOUOjzu.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well) and then remove two pieces near the bottom center (see picture for idea). Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is so that it will shoot yellow light into the yellow pod.

If it's your 1st playthrough, then you can use this solution - just remove/destroy the required chips as shown (Thanks Vyrastas for picture):

lTfsE4E.jpg

Act 3C (Hack 1)

hEJR4N7.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well) and then remove a piece near the bottom center (near the bottom yellow splitter) & one near the top (near the red splitter). Place everything as seen and then just place a reflector where the yellow square is so that it will shoot yellow light into the yellow pod.

Act 3D (Hack 4A)

y16GgPT.jpg

Eliminate all the "destroyable" pieces safely (so that none of your items get blown up as well) and then remove a piece near the bottom center (next to the 3 yellow reflectors). Place everything as seen and then just place a splitter where the yellow square is so that it will shoot yellow light into both yellow pods.

Edited by Gage
Image fix
  • Thanks 1

Wow seems really easy. Hopefully Gamestop has the codes in today.

It is for the most part, especially since if you fail a hacking game, you can just retry it until you beat it... Some of the puzzles are a little bit of a headache at first, but after you unlock your rig to level 4 and get all the extras for each type, it gets really easy...

It is for the most part, especially since if you fail a hacking game, you can just retry it until you beat it... Some of the puzzles are a little bit of a headache at first, but after you unlock your rig to level 4 and get all the extras for each type, it gets really easy...

Yeah, I usually only have trouble with the System Override mini game, mainly because I don't see the sense in what to do.

I think it's fine. If you were expecting Dead Space, then yeah, it's going to be shit. I got exactly what I expected, an interactive comic that will explain a bit of what's going on in the game. It's kind of like the audio logs in Dead Space 1. They had a backstory, maybe it's something like that. And if anything, we get 12 trophies and a special suit for Dead Space 2. That's pretty sweet.

I think it's fine. If you were expecting Dead Space, then yeah, it's going to be shit. I got exactly what I expected, an interactive comic that will explain a bit of what's going on in the game. It's kind of like the audio logs in Dead Space 1. They had a backstory, maybe it's something like that. And if anything, we get 12 trophies and a special suit for Dead Space 2. That's pretty sweet.

Couldn't agree more. Sure I haven't fired this up yet but I am going in not expecting much. Playing this mainly because its Dead Space and it has trophies. I find the Dead Space universe so deep and interesting, any peek into another side of it is welcome.

@oncefallen

I don't understand when you say hit x in the leaderboards after choosing ignition. I go there and it says locked and I cannot hit x to play anything. Do I have to play through the actual story first?

EDIT. Ok I gather you actually have to play the game first before you can go to the leaderboards/ignition and hit x. You may want to amend your guide providing my statement is correct.

On another note; got any videos? I'm an idiot and cannot figure out how to get past the 4th hack in the game.

Edited by PowerCobra98

@oncefallen

I don't understand when you say hit x in the leaderboards after choosing ignition. I go there and it says locked and I cannot hit x to play anything. Do I have to play through the actual story first?

Shouldn't be, I played through it the first time with it... Let me try it again with my wife's account and see if it does it to her...

Edit: Huh, for some reason it's locked for her as well... I know I played through part of the game first (but didn't complete it), then decided to do it through the leaderboard in order to knock 2 things out at one time, so maybe if you just play it a little in the main game, then try it, that will unlock it... I will change that on the roadmap though just to make sure to avoid future confusion.

Edited by OnceFallen

Im really enjoiing the game so Im not going to use the guide at all until I fully beat it once but on my second playthrough Ill try to snap pics of the solved puzzles with locations of where to put everything

I started doing that as well, but after I had completed the game already, so it kind of screwed it up as I have more items available now than I did originally. Plus the pictures were coming out kind of crappy since all I have right now is my cellphone.

Edit: I can post a few of the pics I took, but like I said, it's going to show the solutions after the game was beaten once, so it will have things available that you won't have on your first playthrough. Let me know and I will post what I have if you want...

Edited by OnceFallen

Shouldn't be, I played through it the first time with it... Let me try it again with my wife's account and see if it does it to her...

Edit: Huh, for some reason it's locked for her as well... I know I played through part of the game first (but didn't complete it), then decided to do it through the leaderboard in order to knock 2 things out at one time, so maybe if you just play it a little in the main game, then try it, that will unlock it... I will change that on the roadmap though just to make sure to avoid future confusion.

I deleted my save data and started over and same thing; cannot go and play in the leaderboard. So I went and started the ignition on the main menu again. Now I just tried to go to leaderboard/ignition again and still no dice. But like I said I cannot even get past the 4th puzzle so maybe I need to get further before the leaderboard/ignition will unlock. Unfortunately I'm stuck right now because I can't figure this damn puzzle out.

EDIT* I'd like the pictures...because I suck and I'm stuck!

Edited by PowerCobra98

EDIT* I'd like the pictures...because I suck and I'm stuck!

Alright, give me about 15-20 minutes and I'll upload the pics I have... I just played through Path A on my wife's account and took pics of all the "laser light" puzzles... I'll post those and try to describe what I did so you guys have an idea of how to at least get the first playthrough out of the way... Honestly, the rest after that are easy once you have everything unlocked piece wise for the others...

• Gage changed the title to Dead Space: Ignition - Trophy Guide & Roadmap