Easy way to get the Beat the top score Challenge trophies

adamgh

Dono if this has already been found out but if your having trouble getting the top score ive found an easyer way to get it.

use two controlers make sure you get at least 1 stasis shot 1 fire shot and 1 perfect reload. this way you get 100% for 3 things garenteed then [ick up your other controler and finish the rest of the challange :)

I also found that the Force Gun fully upgraded is, hands down, the best weapon to do these challenges with. It's accurate, powerful and dismembers ALL limbs off of necromorphs which gives you additional points. I ended up beating most of the challenges with 400,000+ points using this method, some with even 600,000+ points.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

I agree with Phantom about the force gun. I was using the flamethrower and getting all worked up about keeping my combo going through rounds 1-6. If I messed up, sometimes I would reset. This all changed when I used the force gun. The amount of points you get for chopping off all limbs and the kill nets you at least double the amount needed for the trophy. You can even have some damage and still get the trophy as long as you use the FORCE.

so what to do:

have 2 players, on second controller stasis an enemy, do a perfect reload, and what is "fire shot"?

then just go back to controller 1 and play the challenge with the force gun? do you get the upgrades for it from the campaign or what, how do the upgrades for weapons in challenges work?

thanks

i set up a turbo controller as player 2 and held down the melee button with

a rubber band, then as player 1 i used the move and used the force gun...

til i ran out of ammo then i used player 2 with full ammo to finish up.

i had over 800k in one level but about 500 to 600k in most and i took a hit or two...

...really easy:dance:

omg yeah the force gun pretty much made a joke out of the challenges. You almost have to try hard to not make the top score when using it. On one challenge I took damage on a few separate occasions and ended up still getting over 800,000.

• 2 weeks later...

There's really no need for good accuracy, to use stasis, or to have two players. Just spam the Force Gun. There's tons of points to spare, evne with 0% stasis (I never used it) and getting hit quite a few times, I managed all the challenges first try with tons of left over points.

• 4 weeks later...

I found that if you do it on easy, then just use the line gun and flamethrower (ripper and force gun are okay to). The flamethrower I think really helps in this situation since it can help keep them at bay while still doing damage, and the line gun just to cut them apart really fast. If all else fails and they start to get to close spam the rock saw button. Use the rivet gun for the flying enemies and for anything that's got just one limb left so you don;t waste ammo. As long as you don't get hit until very late in the challenge you should beat the top score.

There's really no need for good accuracy, to use stasis, or to have two players. Just spam the Force Gun. There's tons of points to spare, evne with 0% stasis (I never used it) and getting hit quite a few times, I managed all the challenges first try with tons of left over points.

what difficulty though?

I just did challenge 1 and didn't get hit once using the force gun and I got about 235k points out of 250k needed :/

what difficulty are you guys doing these on to get 800k points??

I thought it would be easier doing them with a friend too, but we did a flawless run and didn't take any damage but still didn't make 250k points for the first challenge

• 2 weeks later...
what difficulty though?

I just did challenge 1 and didn't get hit once using the force gun and I got about 235k points out of 250k needed :/

what difficulty are you guys doing these on to get 800k points??

I thought it would be easier doing them with a friend too, but we did a flawless run and didn't take any damage but still didn't make 250k points for the first challenge

i'm havin the same problem

perfect run and only 225,000

:(

Same thing here. Tried to use Force Gun most of the time (had to switch because ammo was getting low) on the first level, and got 230k and 232k the first two times I tried it.

What's the strategy to beat the high score on the first level?

Same thing here. Tried to use Force Gun most of the time (had to switch because ammo was getting low) on the first level, and got 230k and 232k the first two times I tried it.

What's the strategy to beat the high score on the first level?

You still need to use the Force Gun, but can't get hit until wave 6 I believe.

I've been using the force gun and I've beat the first three rounds so far fairly easy on hard mode. I'd save ammo if there was really only one necromorph attacking me and I would just stasis and use the rivet gun at that point. Seems to work so far and makes the challenges fairly easy.