XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
DRY91

I agree that its stupid how the cutscenes cant be skipped but I dont think its as worse as having to see that opening scene again in hard core, I think i memorised what the exchange after all those deaths >.>"

Unskippable end credits also sucked!

Will block and delete empty requests
DRY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
nolanwar

I agree too
nolanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
ThePrettiestEVER

I disagree. If you suck at the game then you're not a good player. Very good game, and the difficulty is just right. The cutscenes are unskippable because they help with giving the player a better narrative. Hence, why it is an on-rails shooter.

If you don't like cut scenes or on-rail shooters then go back to COD.
ThePrettiestEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #14
SnakePlisskin

Fully agree with this the checkpoint system suck a lot. I didn't even notice either until the chapter 6 boss because that was the first time i had dead repeatedly. But i did enjoy the story and found it to be pretty easy to five star each mission so i won't really have to waste to much time replaying it.
SnakePlisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
JPClyde

What makes me sick with games like this, they shouldn't have wasted the time and money and should have spent it on making the 2 or 3rd dead space even better, but now there will be no more dead space because of bad gambling.

Chapter 6 boss, is bollocks, you respawn at the feet of the boss with only half your life with no chance of gaining any life to top up. There are four of you and only one has a gun and he can't hit the side of the ship while inside it, I would in real life make all of them carry more than one gun or die, many time when hacking and he says we'll cover you I've almost died because of his shitty defensive skills.

How hard would it have been to add a save option? The amount of times I have had to stay awake until the early hours because I have to finish a chapter before it saves, like chapter 6 boss with wrong weapons and chapter 7 because I have hardly any life and starts without your best weapons.

And the fact this game has no save option, you have to play the whole level again if you have to leave the game for some reason part of the way through.

I think one reason I get really pissed off with games that are done badly is I don't have money growing on trees, so what money I do have I would like to spend it on a game I want to enjoy, not end up ripping my hair out because of shitty game production.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animal's are treated...I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by [people] from the cruelty of [human kind]" - Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by JPClyde; 07-27-2013 at 11:28 PM.
JPClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #16
Zealot

It's pretty obvious why the devs made the save system the way they did. They wanted the collectibles to be part of the challenge, but they just may have outdone themselves in that regard. There isn't any "checkpoint restart" option, because it would totally nerf that aspect if you could just replay the section of a level at will just to grab that log/weapon/upgrade.

I do agree that having to replay an entire chapter for one missed pickup can be frustrating but I can appreciate why the decision was made to go that way. However, they did get the balance wrong when most people think that the collectibles are more challenging than fighting off the Necromorphs.

Wait, young man. You can't escape your Destiny by running away. And, young as you are, what matter if it costs you some pain...or even a little blood?

Last edited by Zealot; 09-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #17
P_Pigly_Hogswine

I honestly didn't have a problem with the checkpoint system because I only ever died once during the Chapter 6 boss on Impossible. If you collect most of the weapons and upgrades during a Normal or Hard, even Impossible is an absolute cakewalk. By using the Force Gun then grabbing a Pulse Rifle or Flamethrower as a backup, you absolutely breeze through this game.