5 Stars on Level 9/Screwed up star system!

devilish47

So down to the wire I was almost finished this game, all I had to do was beat level 8 and 9 on impossible and get 5 stars on impossible and I was done.

I went to level 9 to get my five stars and for some reason, on NORMAL, I could only come out with 4 stars!!

I was going crazy, I really thought that level 9 five stars was going to ruin my platinum.

So in my despiration I said screw this and went on to level 9 to complete it on impossible. I figured I will try and get the 5 stars but pretty much knew it was impossible.

Well to make a long story short, some how I managed to pull out the 5 stars doing level 9 on impossible. I had WAY MORE DAMAGE and grabs and more health packs used and missed stasis and botched reloads, but I still had 5 stars.

I honestly dont know how the star system is done on this game, but it seriously seems screwed up,,, I mean really, I couldnt get the 5 stars on NORMAL but can get it on IMPOSSIBLE.

Im so happy Ive got my platinum on this game.:dance: So glad its over!!:applause:

I honestly dont know how the star system is done on this game, but it seriously seems screwed up,,, I mean really, I couldnt get the 5 stars on NORMAL but can get it on IMPOSSIBLE.

You get more stars as a reward for playing on higher difficulty...With similar stats you'd get eg. 3 stars on normal and 5 stars on impossible...

You get more stars as a reward for playing on higher difficulty...With similar stats you'd get eg. 3 stars on normal and 5 stars on impossible...

Oh I see... more reward for highter difficulty..makes perfect sense actually. Makes me wish I didnt waste so much time on my 5 stars on Normal because you had to have a damn near flawless run to get it... but on Impossible you can fuck up a lot and still get 5 stars.:dance:

• 3 months later...

Gah. At least that answers that question. I've got five stars on every level right now except chapter 9. I've ran through the level multiple times, including following the walkthrough for all of the collectables in it and got all of them each time just to get four stars at the end of each run.

Since I've got to do the Impossible difficulty I might as well try getting five stars there. I think the part that's killing it down to four stars on lower plays is simply the part where you have to cut off your own arm. Seems like that might be applying damage and killing the five star run.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So fricking stuck on chapter 9, always 4 stars, not 5 stars!

Ok I have done it, I was trying on Impossible setting until I tried normal difficulty. I managed to get it in normal not impossible for chapter 9. Try normal difficulty if it is hard for you to achieve 5 stars, you never know.

Edited by Animal

• 5 months later...

This might help someone else to get an idea of the concrete stats needed. I tried about 6-7 times total on all different difficulties before I finally got 5 stars on Chapter 9. I think it's probably likely that you can fck up more, but I wouldn't know where that line between a 4 star and a 5 star rating starts.

Difficulty Impossible

0 Deaths

6 Grabs

48% Damage Taken

3 Med Packs Used

0 Revival Packs Used

0 Puzzle Fails

180 Enemies Killed

60/60 Perfect Reloads

64% Accuracy

238 Dismemberments

100% Stasis Accuracy

101 Items Pick up

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok guys, I tried chapter 9 several times on different difficulties but managed to get 5 star on impossible. I suppose collectibles are main thing, because all other runs I've missed weapon or 2. Here are my stats:

Impossible

Performance:

Death 0

Grabs 8

Damage taken 61

Med packs used 2

Revival packs used 0

Puzzle failures 8

Weapons:

Shots fired 442

Enemies killed 183

Perfect reloads 61/64

Accuracy 52

Dismemberments 252

Stasis accuracy 100

Collectibles:

Items collected 93

Audio logs 1/1

Text logs 3/3

Weapons 8/8

Weapon upgrades 0/0

In previous runs i've had much better stats, but missed few weapons, so aim for getting them all) now few more challenges and plat is mine. GLHF

• 3 years later...

I've tried to do Chapter 9 on Normal on two separate occasions and got 4 stars each time. The first time, I failed the puzzles 3 times, got perfect reloads, found all the items, had high accuracy and stasis accuracy, but got 4 stars.

The second time, I didn't fail the puzzles, got fewer perfect reloads, got all but 1 item, and only took 59% damage, but got 4 stars.

I think it's glitched on Normal. On other chapters, I would have gotten five stars with either of those performances.

EDIT: Did a third attempt with 44% damage taken, 204/206 perfect reloads, no failed puzzles or restarts, 36% accuracy (although it seemed higher since I was using Force Gun/Line Gun through all of the chapter), stasis accuracy at 83%, all but 1 collectible found, yet 4 stars. I think the game's glitched for this mission on Normal.

Edited by POEMan553

• 5 months later...

I'm having problems here too, missing no collectibles with no deaths and playing on normal I just get 4*.

Maybe I'll retry it on impossible, when I got the impossible trophy I recall I died at least once playing this stage.

PS: got 5* on 9th stage with these average stats on impossible... I'd say impossible is the way to go

Deaths 0

Grabs 12

Damage Taken 124%

Puzzle Failures 3

Perfect reloads 58/70

Accuracy 54%

Stasis Accuracy 100%

All items collected but one weapon

Edited by 4manaka