B0SS Zombie

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-chapter 2, exploder popped up behind me

-chapter 11, cyst exploded me, knocked me into another cyst <.<

-chapter 7, waiting for ellie to open the door at the end of the chapter

-chapter 12, I just saved it, killed myself with cysts so I could get a death out of my system

-chapter 14, died 3 or 4 times in the zero g room for being impatient and trying to rush thru

-chapter 15, I hit some space debris on the way to the shuttle >.>

I think I died a few more times in chapters 2 and 3 before I got the hang of things, but can't remember them as well

Hardcore Round 1:

• Walked by a necro landmine before exiting the elevator offloading area and went boom.
  • Last 10 minutes of the game and was sent back to my Chapter 10 save. What happened was an enemy came through the vent and forced Isaac to be melded into the ground (aka: Glitch). 5 seconds later Isaac starts spinning in circles and I died. I started my game over because I was stupid and my Save 3 was on Chapter 10.

Hardcore Round 2:

• Didn't die. :D The irony of this is I did an entirely new playthrough just to have a save at Chapter 13 in case the glitch or something random like this occurs again and I didn't need it in the end. :o

Edited by BFenris

Chapter 5 Missed the gas tank during boss fight.

Chapter 12 2nd group of lurkers on the cliff

Chapter 13 Govt Sector, where the drill made a big hole on the wall. Cleared the area & while I was hacking the switch, this black lurker came out from nowhere and shoot projectiles at me.

Chapter 13 Immortal necromorph. Usually I would stasis throw the corpse on the control panel across to the door scanner and run for the door. Missed and couldn't find the body before I got killed.

Oh, there are so many fond memories... I still haven't finished the hardcore playthrough, but my finest moment have been so far:

Chapter 1: I missed the stasis necromorph and hasta la vista Isaac one hit kill.

Chapter 3: Infestors/pukers with their bodyguards, the exploders. Killed the pukers/infctors with full energy and realised that first exploder is couple inches from me. BAAMMMMM!!! Still alive I crawl up, I made it. BAMMMM!!! Another exploder... Dead...

Chapter 4: Unitology church room with many little crawler things and two necros after the first stalker scene. Necro got squashed between doors and disappeared. I open the door again, and he magically appears from thin air and mutilates me.

Chapter 5-7: Many deaths at cheap death places...

Chapter 10: My favourite. Not a death, but had to restart. There was no the fourth hose puzzle piece at Ishimura sentrifuge room. Used half an hour searching it but to no avail...

I just failed for the fourth time before making any saves. So depressing. A puker showed up and I felt good about catching and throwing back his acid, but I didn't realize there was another one right behind him. I was so focused on waiting for it to puke so that I could catch its acid that I didn't notice an enemy coming up beside me, which hit me. Then I got puked on. Then I got hit again before I could heal. I briefly considered saving right before that point, but I decided it was too early; in hindsight I wish I had. I keep planning to wait until chapter 7 to save, but at this point I feel it might be smarter to just save early in the game. I think I'd be less frustrated being able to restart from anywhere but the beginning and worrying about making it from there.

Also considering some DLC armor, but that's the easy way out.

Also, died very early in that laundry room; I healed right before I got grabbed by a Slasher, but I don't think the game took into account my current health and maybe had already decided I was going to die.

First encounter with the two Pukers, didn't realize I didn't have stasis and got killed.

The upside-down part of the train sequence, ran out of Cutter ammo and couldn't seem to hit the Brute accurately enough with the Line Gun; crushed by the train.

I just started Hard Core right now and I died when you're trying to get stasis first time. Fucking lame. I could never time that thing right.

I died to that on Normal, it's kind of a weird spot. You can get hit multiple times by others, no problem. But if that thing hits you, insta dead and sad panda face. :pout:

I died a total of 5 times. First time was at Chapter 11, there's a big area where the doors have a malfunction and you got to change the batteries to make them function again.

Second time was in Chapter 14 during the Zero Gravity part (after being chased by the Hunter)

3rd time..... The needle event. XD Missed the middle of his eye literally by 0.1 seconds. Bloody indeed. :D

4th time was the finale event where you fly out of there.

Last was I accidently ran into the last boss during the fight.

Just did my last save at chapter 13, just before the eye surgery and the apparition of the Hunter. Until now, died twice and both of them were so dumb death I nearly threw my controller at my TV :

- Chapter 7 : in the first room of the Solar Array, where there is a Stock, forgot about the lone Cyst. Walked right on it. Spitted a bomb. BOOM! An exploded Isaac

- Chapter 13 : in the circular room with the turning laser beam. I was so worried that I could get an instant death if I did'nt hurry beetween the rooms, that I rushed in too soon, straight into the laser. ZIANG! A cut to pieces Isaac

OK. Now I just need to do the last part of the game. I don't think it will be the worse. Wish me luck people. Just need this last one for the plat! :)

Edited by Marco_de_Mars

Damn I just got owned by the mob of Necromorphs during the section right after you align the solar array.

That would have been the perfect time to make my first save... But I got really anxious and decided to save at the beginning of Chapter 6. Definitely not an ideal spot, but I was so tired of having to start from the very beginning of the game, I just couldn't take the pressure anymore. I actually thought for a good while things were proceeding really easy. Even the section I died at was going OK until I got hit twice in the back. That section is so cheap; it's bad enough you're in a wide open space getting assaulted by a dozen enemies, but on top of that there's no air so you can't even really hear any of the enemies. I had plenty of healing items, just not enough time to press circle.

I find that the Pulse Rifle is possibly the most versatile weapon in the game. It holds plenty of ammo, does decent damage, and fires continuously. For "scripted" parts where you need to hit enemies in the weak spot to stay alive, it is ideal, especially if you want to just go straight up spray-and-pray.

Sucks I'll have to go back to Chapter 6 but, again, at least it's not the beginning of the fucking game for the fifth time.

it was my 1st run i got to chapter 5 right after the demo chapter and i accidently had my ripper equiped and when the big beast smashes u around and u got to shot the yelow spots i tried to saw them with ripper normal fire when i noticed this i was dead by decapitation :/

Serously you use the Ripper for Hardcore? You wand to add difficulty to the challenge? Cause this weapon suckz! ^^

Another great death today... The window to space at chapter 9. When I was in that room I decided to save for to be sure... Wait a minute! The door to the save point is locked! Dammit... Maybe I can use stasis on exploder so it doesn't smash the window... RUUUUNNN, stasis on exploder, opening the door, opening the door... BUMMMMM, kling, woooooshh, smash, aaaaarrrggghh... You can guess, what happened.

I keep dying on the first level in the stasis room that has a security gate. As soon as I try to shoot psycho dave or use stasis on him, he's sliced me in half like a sandwich.

A tip would be useful as I don't want to save just yet.

Yeah he got me a few times as well. Just gotta use statis on him a second time after his first one. Let him come closer to you and aim down so it splashes in the area where he is. It has its own radius so try to aim around his feet.