Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Dead Space 2. This thread has been created to discuss anything Dead Space related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. A little reminder for you all, posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i was waiting for that other girl to be a figment of his imagination too and be a necromorph or some shit at the end.

so, theres at least 11 more markers. too many questions left in this ending. blah.

They had some brilliant nods to people who'd played the first game. The ending was exactly the same close up and slow turn as the first, but this time to an innocent 'what?'

I liked the other winks on the Ishimura, like the containment room going off only to have nothing attack you (even though you see a shadow run by in the next room).

They had some brilliant nods to people who'd played the first game. The ending was exactly the same close up and slow turn as the first, but this time to an innocent 'what?'

I liked the other winks on the Ishimura, like the containment room going off only to have nothing attack you (even though you see a shadow run by in the next room).

And don't forget being grabbed by the tentacle and then nothing is there. That was a classic moment.

yeah the alarm clock made me jump a bit. the only thing i didnt understand is the final necro that chases you and does not die. is it suppose to be an example of convergence that when all of the bodies converge into one its nearly god-like?

the second thing im starting to understand is how the marker uses your own mind to eliminate everyone to cause convergence. the best example is at the end of the game when you finally take out the head sprawl guy. nicole mind rapes you into actually believing that you are doing something good and then bam you are the last guy left. i kept thinking, am i really killing necros or did i just wipe out an entire colony? overall DS2 really opens more to the story and if you watch dead space: aftermath you learn more about how far unitologists will take the marker and how patient 5 works into this.

yeah the alarm clock made me jump a bit. the only thing i didnt understand is the final necro that chases you and does not die. is it suppose to be an example of convergence that when all of the bodies converge into one its nearly god-like?.

It wasn't a necromorph. It was something different that could regenerate. Possibly something like an alien so the necromorphs are just people being turned into the alien race. The whole thing is an alien invasion.

Well, that's what I thought anyway.

Goddamn after finally beating the game I'd say Chapter 10 was my favorite. All the references to the first game on the Ishimura. I half expected to see Hammond sitting there in the Captains Nest. I also like how the escape pod that you get into happened to be the same one that had the necromorph in it from DS1. The ending was very well done, and I can tell there's a good chance we'll see a DS3.

god dam alarm clock scared the shit out of me the first time though (chapter 6):scared:

Tell me about it! The crazy thing is that it sounds exactly like my own alarm clock so i was pretty spooked. I definitely wasted a whole clip of ammo on that clock before it stopped ringing.

As to favorite chapters, I have to agree that the Ishimura was brilliantly done. The fact that there is no combat as you descend into eerily familiar territory just made things creepier.

And Isaac's head turn at the end was probably the only time in the game that I actually laughed.

It wasn't a necromorph. It was something different that could regenerate. Possibly something like an alien so the necromorphs are just people being turned into the alien race. The whole thing is an alien invasion.

Well, that's what I thought anyway.

it was a necromorph, it was just super evolved because of the conversion

the same reason most of the necromorphs are black at that point of the game

it was a necromorph, it was just super evolved because of the conversion

the same reason most of the necromorphs are black at that point of the game

that's excatly what i thought. im almost convinced in the next installment we will have to actually fight one of those things without running away

I can't remember and I don't want to go all the way back into the game (Dead Space 1), but on the Ishimura weren't all the escape pods launched? This was bugging me when I left the shift via escape pod.

Beyond that, the one he uses in DS2 is the EXACT SAME pod that is launched with a necromorph inside in DS1...the one that infects the military ship.

I think it was just another wink to the players.

I just finished Dead Space 2 and i just got to say that i got goosebumps when the camera pans over to girl and she just says "what"... FUCKIN EPIIIIIIC end.

Everyone on this thread found it funny but i found it quite unnerving and really shocked of the thought of "is she, isnt she" lol

Best ending to an amazing game!

First off, amazing game, gameplay has improved from the original, and it didn't half make me jump a fair bit.

My only gripe was from chapter 14 or so onwards, where you are basically forced to run through the rest of the game because of those regenerating necromorphs. There should of been a store available right before the final boss fight aswell, as first time round i had about 30 pulse rifle ammo available to me, and after multiple attempts only to be left frustrated, i had to run all the way back to the last store to purchase weapons and ammo.

The point i'm trying to get at is that the last two chapters weren't really Dead Space for me, because i had to change my style of play, alot of the tension was removed from the game as a result.

In regards to the ending, i was also wondering is she?, isn't she? :p

Overall though, one of the best games i've played on the PS3. Gameplay, graphics, story, all top notch.

Edited by Byrney

Like the prequal, great game. The only problem is that the last 'boss' is a pile of shit. Couple of parts I couldnt think what to do but overall, an amazing game. I actually think this could get GOTY 2011 :D Should definately be on my GOTY list. My favourite partof the game is probably going back to the Ishimura and actually knowing where i'm going :p