XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #191
Merdoxs12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshirako View Post
DS2 made sense. The question is how the ending of DS2 will affect DS3. We know there are 12 other markers out there. That means the government doesn't need Isaac anymore and thus no need for him in DS3. So what will happen to him. Will his mission in life and storyline of DS3 become 'destroy the remaining markers'?
I was doing some critical thinking, regarding Dead Space, right after randomly watching Dead Space: Aftermath... and it made me think...
Perhaps there're about three overwhelming forces in DS series...

Two of which are Unitologists: one that is compromised of high-ranking government officials and powerful CEO's, who want to use the Maker as a means of gaining more power over the masses (Earth Gov); and the other being crazed Unitologist zealots who care of nothing, but convergence by the Maker (The Church). Now, due to their standing points, the two will be in conflict with each other. Each trying to fufill their way of dealing with a Marker.
This in turn, fuels a more diabolical plot. One orchestrated by an unseen force; the third overwhelming force...

The third force; is a "super-secret sector" within the government that is ultimately trying to rid the universe of Unitology. Now this sector can includes people like; Kendra, the USM Valor, and the mystery man at the end of the DS2 credits. This also explains Kendra's whole plot/mission in DS1; to make sure that this "man-made maker" was working, and did it's job; which was to get rid of Unitologists in a unquestionable matter.
Since the rest of the world finds a maker's exisitance to be quite possible, no one will suspect the Marker was made by men. Instead, blame it's alien orgin. At the same time, this "secret sector" might have made multiple Markers, as a means of testing/speading their viscious plan, all the while fueling a "Unitology v. Unitology war".

Now, you said something regarding Isaac's mission in life? Consider this...
If what I said is true, then Isaac Clarke is the only person who knows of this "secret sector" and their plot, which would make him a treat to their operations. So, upon gaining some sanity back, Isaac might realize where all this is going, and has to find a way to expose their secret plan before innocent people/every Unitologist gets killed and/or kills themselves. (A bit over the top, But... it makes sense!)

But.. one has to consider EA/Visceral's take on the series. It will ultimatly be up to them as to where this series ends up. And it will be their final word, as to consider what's cannon or not. This is why I said, "I don't know where this series is going anymore." Besides, we are talking about an EA game, F.Y.I.

Last edited by Merdoxs12; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Merdoxs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #192
deathfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshirako View Post
The machine with the needle is used to obtain information. Why future technology requires a needle stuck into your eye and into your brain to get information is beyond me. And how is he not blind in one eye after that?????
Firstly, he'd be temporarily blind in that particular eye until it heals

Secondly, "The machine was used to access the lateral geniculate, the part of the brain where a Marker's signal stored its information, blueprints and knowledge. By inserting a needle through the ocular cavity to the LG, this information could be accessed. " - Dead Space 2 wiki
deathfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #193
pskid247

i just want to make a few points;

1) all the necromorphs in dead space 1 and 2 are aliens, noone can argue this point because a definition for an alien organism is a creature which differs from humanity by a considerable amount in terms of the structure of its DNA/RNA, since necromorphs are created from 'rewriting' human DNA then they DO considerably differ and thus are alien organisms even though they began life as human!

2) does it bug anyone else that Ellie's eye patch is on the wrong eye? you see in the video of Stross and Ellie fighting that he clearly stabs her left eye, yet she covers her right...

i apologize if either of these points have already been made, i couldn't be bothered searching the whole thread to make sure!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #194
deathfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskid247 View Post
i just want to make a few points;

1) all the necromorphs in dead space 1 and 2 are aliens, noone can argue this point because a definition for an alien organism is a creature which differs from humanity by a considerable amount in terms of the structure of its DNA/RNA, since necromorphs are created from 'rewriting' human DNA then they DO considerably differ and thus are alien organisms even though they began life as human!

2) does it bug anyone else that Ellie's eye patch is on the wrong eye? you see in the video of Stross and Ellie fighting that he clearly stabs her left eye, yet she covers her right...

i apologize if either of these points have already been made, i couldn't be bothered searching the whole thread to make sure!
Uh
Her right eye was stabbed, not her left. The video of them fighting doesn't clearly show which eye is stabbed, and we only find out when you find Stross with the eye itself. It's CLEARLY shown her missing her RIGHT eye at that point

Not only that, but the DNA isn't altered severely enough for it to be considered a completely different form of DNA from humans. Afterall, I'll reference the audio log you find on the Ishimura where the woman was mentioning the stuff found on the ship was human. Canon source, irrefutable

Quote:
Dr. Heidi Latchford Research Summary Organic Material analysis: There are several shocking finds relating to the sludge-like material found throughout the Ishimura. First it is human DNA. Second, and far more disturbing, it re-animates in the presence of a Marker signal. The only conclusion we can come to is that the entire Ishimura crew was infected and "reconstructed", and then fell into a soupy DNA-sludge when the Aegis VII Marker was destroyed.
deathfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #195
Neophenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfun View Post
Firstly, he'd be temporarily blind in that particular eye until it heals

Secondly, "The machine was used to access the lateral geniculate, the part of the brain where a Marker's signal stored its information, blueprints and knowledge. By inserting a needle through the ocular cavity to the LG, this information could be accessed. " - Dead Space 2 wiki

Uh
Her right eye was stabbed, not her left. The video of them fighting doesn't clearly show which eye is stabbed, and we only find out when you find Stross with the eye itself. It's CLEARLY shown her missing her RIGHT eye at that point

Not only that, but the DNA isn't altered severely enough for it to be considered a completely different form of DNA from humans. After all, I'll reference the audio log you find on the Ishimura where the woman was mentioning the stuff found on the ship was human. Canon source, irrefutable
The idea of using a needle is still not addressed in your post, you just quoted a wiki, it was the method that was question not the purpose.

In the Video log in Chapter 11, you can see clearly that Stross began pushing the screwdriver in her left eye. It cuts out an instant before she is actually stabbed. It's true we don't see what happens after, it can be argued that she fought back, and ended up having the other eye stabbed instead, which would also explain why the screwdriver entered from the side rather than directly through the pupil as the video suggested.

Irrefutable? Hardly, nothing in a game is irrefutable, it's fiction after all. Since you wanna quote Dead Space lore here a nice one, in Dead Space: Salvage, scans show that the sludge is only 70% human. The sludge is the Corruption that has gone dormant due to the lack of the Marker signal. Also, only 2% of genes is what separates us from Chimpanzees, so I think 30% difference is enough to call it non-human at least, the human DNA component in it just indicates that it uses ours as a building block. To make it more interesting, Unitology suggests that the Marker "created" us, perhaps in a similar way it does with Necromorphs. If it turns out to be true, then aren't we "Aliens" to begin with? The term alien is not the right one, it should be Extraterrestrial.

Last edited by Neophenom; 04-16-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Neophenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #196
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)

I thought it was a virus, not aliens. The marker messing with peoples DNA.

I never knew they were aliens.
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #197
Neophenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
I thought it was a virus, not aliens. The marker messing with peoples DNA.

I never knew they were aliens.
Well it's pretty much set that the Black Marker is from non-human origins, as suggested in Dead Space: Martyr. What it does or what it's true purpose, is still sketchy, but the novel suggest quite a few things that are really cool. First the Black Marker was found in the Chicxulub crater in the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico (real life location) This location is cool because this crater was created by the impact of an asteroid or comet some 65 million years ago which may have caused the demise of the dinosaurs. The idea that the Marker is found in the place where an event that changed the planet occurred is quite profound for the story in long terms. At some point in the novel it is suggested that the Black Marker signal may have been responsible for the evolution that gave rise to humans. Again really cool concept which is great because it's actually something some people really believe. The "Ancient Astronaut" theory, suggests that our evolution was engineered by Extraterrestrials, which may sound crazy, but considering most people believe we were made by "God" out of the dirt, then it's not so bad. One thing I would like to see is, who or what crated the Black Marker, because so far we see the Necromorphs as the enemies, but if they are just a "side effect" like it's suggested by the true founders of Unitology, then who is the real enemy, who are makers of the Black Marker, and why have us create more Markers.

Last edited by Neophenom; 04-17-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Neophenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #198
Kariokebeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophenom View Post
In the Video log in Chapter 11, you can see clearly that Stross began pushing the screwdriver in her left eye. It cuts out an instant before she is actually stabbed. It's true we don't see what happens after, it can be argued that she fought back, and ended up having the other eye stabbed instead, which would also explain why the screwdriver entered from the side rather than directly through the pupil as the video suggested.
I'm not sure what causes it but some video will shoot in a kind of mirrored or flipped fashion. When it appears to be the left when in actuality it is the right.

"Make Us Whole"
Kariokebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #199
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)

How were those flying things created? they don't look human like the rest of the enemies.
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #200
Kariokebeach

They are human. Here is a recording from the game. I found it on the wiki. Here's the link:
Recombination Study - The Dead Space Wiki - Dead Space, Dead Space: Extraction, Dead Space 2, and more

"Make Us Whole"
Kariokebeach is offline   Reply With Quote