XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
klujma

Default Hardcore Weapon Setup

Everybody is using only plasma cutter as main weapon, what about using force gun as main and plasma cutter as second? I think that force gun is best in each situation. What do you think? Thanks for responses
6. Both Batmans
Favorite games: Fallout 3, Skyrim, COD, LOU, Max Payne 3, RDR, Dragon Dogma, DMC, Dead Space 2, AC2, NGS2, Syndicate, COJ2, Dead Island 1, Bulletstorm, Castlevania, Vanquish, Asura, Borderlands etc. platinum hunting ended 10/2013
klujma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

The Force Gun is good but you need to fully upgrade it before it becomes truly useful and it's range isn't good. I'd keep it as secondary weapon as it's good but not quite good enough to replace the Plasma Cutter as your primary weapon.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to Figma for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase Harry's ''Bestest of Friends''   THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 26 (more» ...)

It all depends on your accuracy with the plasma cutter, if you can cut both arms off with two shots it's better. But if your not very accurate the force gun is better
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
klujma

I can aim, but.. 2 precious shots from plasma cutter are less powerful than force gun, and you can shoot with force gun anywhere on zombie, iam just wondering because i saw how friend was killing enemies with fully upgraded PC, then i see guy on youtube with force gun, much difference. So fully upgraded PC with two packs of ammo and fully upgraded force gun with a lot of ammo + 5 medpacks should be good no? Too much people using force gun only and have no problem. But i think that PC is needed..
6. Both Batmans
Favorite games: Fallout 3, Skyrim, COD, LOU, Max Payne 3, RDR, Dragon Dogma, DMC, Dead Space 2, AC2, NGS2, Syndicate, COJ2, Dead Island 1, Bulletstorm, Castlevania, Vanquish, Asura, Borderlands etc. platinum hunting ended 10/2013
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase Harry's ''Bestest of Friends''   THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 26 (more» ...)

I also find the force gun is extremely effective against those annoying scorpion things. If you use the PC and the force gun together it's a really good combination for HC
Harry94_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
klujma

Yes, i hope so .
6. Both Batmans
Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
deathfun

If you're not using a Force Gun from the DLC, it's applicability is reduced simply by how late it comes into play. Plasma Cutter is your cheapest and most reliable weapon from the get-go. If you are however, using a DLC Force gun... then just roll with it
deathfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

I used Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, Detonator and Contact Beam all the way up until Chapter 13 when I respec'd the Plasma Cutter and put everything into the Javelin Gun. That thing is an absolute beast when fully upgraded, and kills Ubermorphs in one hit from the Alt Fire.

Plasma Cutter is the perfect all-round weapon. Decent damage, decent rate of fire and very good for slowing enemies down. It really starts to lose its effectiveness by Chapter 13 though.

Line Gun I used mainly to sever all three of the tentacles from those wall climbing things at once. Didn't really use it much else.

Detonator is a perfect ambush preparation weapon. I had died so many times in Hardcore that I knew exactly where the enemies would come from, so setting up some traps helped greatly.

Contact Beam is a great life saver, especially the Alt Fire. I escaped many sticky situations thanks to that.

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Neophenom

Plasma Cutter and Flamethrower were my weapons of choice, for the end I used the Contact Beam and the Javelin Gun. I always kept the Pulse Rifle, but only for decompression switches and for the final part of the Tormentor sequence with the Gunship in chapter 5.

Last edited by Neophenom; 04-16-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Neophenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #10
neloangero

i use plasma cutter until chapter 9 then i get my contact beam(contact beam for lulz)
detonator too for stalker encounters

i really don't use the force gun too much it sucks against slashers and acid ones
but works good against the stalkers and helps a lot in the drill ride

so i use plasma cutter, detonator, contact beam and sometimes force gun
that loadout save my ass so many times
neloangero is offline   Reply With Quote