Hardcore Weapon Setup

klujma

I can aim, but.. 2 precious shots from plasma cutter are less powerful than force gun, and you can shoot with force gun anywhere on zombie, iam just wondering because i saw how friend was killing enemies with fully upgraded PC, then i see guy on youtube with force gun, much difference. So fully upgraded PC with two packs of ammo and fully upgraded force gun with a lot of ammo + 5 medpacks should be good no? Too much people using force gun only and have no problem. But i think that PC is needed..

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not using a Force Gun from the DLC, it's applicability is reduced simply by how late it comes into play. Plasma Cutter is your cheapest and most reliable weapon from the get-go. If you are however, using a DLC Force gun... then just roll with it

I used Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, Detonator and Contact Beam all the way up until Chapter 13 when I respec'd the Plasma Cutter and put everything into the Javelin Gun. That thing is an absolute beast when fully upgraded, and kills Ubermorphs in one hit from the Alt Fire.

Plasma Cutter is the perfect all-round weapon. Decent damage, decent rate of fire and very good for slowing enemies down. It really starts to lose its effectiveness by Chapter 13 though.

Line Gun I used mainly to sever all three of the tentacles from those wall climbing things at once. Didn't really use it much else.

Detonator is a perfect ambush preparation weapon. I had died so many times in Hardcore that I knew exactly where the enemies would come from, so setting up some traps helped greatly.

Contact Beam is a great life saver, especially the Alt Fire. I escaped many sticky situations thanks to that.

• 3 weeks later...

Plasma Cutter and Flamethrower were my weapons of choice, for the end I used the Contact Beam and the Javelin Gun. I always kept the Pulse Rifle, but only for decompression switches and for the final part of the Tormentor sequence with the Gunship in chapter 5.

Edited by Neophenom

• 8 months later...

i use plasma cutter until chapter 9 then i get my contact beam(contact beam for lulz)

detonator too for stalker encounters

i really don't use the force gun too much it sucks against slashers and acid ones

but works good against the stalkers and helps a lot in the drill ride

so i use plasma cutter, detonator, contact beam and sometimes force gun

that loadout save my ass so many times

Plasma cutter as main weapon.

Force gun for when they get up close and personal or when you get overwhelmed (it's very useful on the mine elevator very also easy to close those zero G window blow outs with it).

Detonator for the major battle after the zero G sequence (also great for laying traps when fleeing)

Contact Beam for final boss.

You really only need to upgrade the plasma cutter and the force gun. With this set up hardcore is easy.

My setup was Plasma Cutter as main weapon, then the Detonator (works like hell against Stalkers) and Contact Beam (alt. fire fully upgraded).

I had no problems at all with this upgrade. Also, try to maximize the number of stasis shoots you have as soon as you can (preferably on the first bench, chapter 2)

I used Plasma Cutter, Seeker Rifle, Contact Beam, and Force Gun (DLC) throughout most of the game. Once I got to the final boss, I switched to Line Gun and used Alt Fire, than Contact Beam.

Seeker Rifle is insanely powerful when the Alt Fire is fully upgraded.

I found that the Fire damage added to the Plasma Cutter was helpful in a lot of situations. The Force Gun was usual against "The Pack". Contact Beam Alt Fire was a lifesaver when I felt overwhelmed. And Seeker Rifle/Statis was what I used the most.

Edited by Barrndawg

Javelin gun. Period. Plasma Cutter is great fully upgraded but only as a secondary. Javelin gun fully upgraded will kill anything in 2 shots... anything, the big titan guys, dark necromorphs, etc. I cruised through start to finish on hardcore with Javelin, Plasma Cutter and Force Gun in about 7 hours today. Force gun is good for lots of enemies in close combat or small necromorphs... pack, crawlers, etc. I only died twice, once at some stupid laser thing and another time at the eye poke machine. I highly recommend these 3 if you plan to take on hardcore.

Mine were Plasma Cutter until the end of chapter 6 then swapped it for the Ripper, Line Gun and Detonator, then Contact Beam with upgraded alt for the last few levels

I fully upgraded my Stasis (obviously), Line Gun and Ripper, hardly put any nodes on Plasma Cutter (since I stopped using it near the end) and Detonator (it's powerful enough without it), and fully upgraded Contact Beam's alt-fire for the stasis effect

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Force gun was my BFF while playing through Zealot. It wasn't so good until I fully upgraded it, though, so I'd used my Plasma Cutter first. I'm working on hardcore, and I'm hoping to get it back up to speed quicker on the playthrough because it has saved my ass so many times!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The force gun is my BFF. In both the first and second DS games. Especially in Hardcore mode, after its upgraded, I pretty much just need to face a group of enemies and shoot and the gun will take care of the rest. LOL. On hardcore I had a save just before taking the elevator up to the solar array level, but died on chapter 11. Super pissed since I had been sitting there for HOURS! :mad::mad::mad:

• 2 weeks later...

This setup served my purposee well:

Plasma Cutter as main weapon (upgrade damage and special), Ripper as secondary (upgrade blade duration and damage and use primary fire only), Contact beam (upgrade only alt fire and use only that in pinch or in heavy fights), detonator (only upgrade damage).

The PC can take care of any necro but is especially good for any you don´t want to get too close to. Not to be used on large groups though.

The ripper saws through most necros with one single blade, two at most. You can saw through the pack with ease. Just remember one thing: DON`T USE IT ON AN EXPLODER. EVER!

The contact beams alt fire saved my ass many times. Notably the elevator ride with lots of black necros and the drill ride.

The detonator combined with knowledge where enemies spawn = many (really) dead necros. used it especially in the stalker encounters. Also used it in the tripod elevator. One direct hit is enough to kill one of them.

• 2 months later...