The most boring way to spend 7-8 hours on a console.....

SimplySupreme

Go for the Zombie Genocide Master trophy.

Seriously, After I got over the 30 second novelty value of mowing down zombies in an SUV, I've never done something so tediously boring since I began trophy hunting.

And who said it was only Multiplayer trophies that are dumb and grindy?

Moral of the story : Single Player can be just as culpable

Edited by SimplySupreme

Haha, going for that achievement on Dead Rising 1, basically the same concept but in a car, and you don't need run and grab certain books I believe...

Anyhow, I think 4 hours into it, I was still having a blast running over zombies.

It was mind numbing toward the end though. Don't even remember how long it actually took.

But there were exploding oxygen tanks, too.

Congrats by the way

Go for the Zombie Genocide Master trophy.

Seriously, After I got over the 30 second novelty value of mowing down zombies in an SUV, I've never done something so tediously boring since I began trophy hunting.

And who said it was only Multiplayer trophies that are dumb and grindy?

Moral of the story : Single Player can be just as culpable

And this is specifically why i'm not going for Platinum on DR2. I bought it on day one because I like the series. But I really think they should make it count across all saves or put some other method to have it rack up kills. Multiple people in a co-op game for a total score, for example. Or maybe even allow some survivors to be armed with weapons and their kills counting toward the total.

Just anything other than hours upon hours of the same pattern over and over with absolutely nothing changing. And what's even more than that is there also are no unlockables for having accomplished that feat. No Mega Buster equivalent. Truly disappointing.

I was hating this trophy as well, and about 4 hours in, my kill ratio was falling below the recommended level to get the trophy. Lucky i adjusted my 'loop' to get back up, but the last 2-3 hours were intense for me.

Nothing worse than spending 6-7 hours, and then not getting the trophy.

That would be an even BIGGER waste of time....

I took rests after every 10,000 kills and turned off the console. I did it originally on the Xbox (which I no longer have, I've become a PS3 Fanboy) and it was indeed tedious. I find myself avoiding it on the PS3 version, I will however get around to doing it but not looking forward to it.

And this is specifically why i'm not going for Platinum on DR2. I bought it on day one because I like the series. But I really think they should make it count across all saves or put some other method to have it rack up kills.

To be honest, it would probably take much longer if you counted it across multiple saves.

I'd usually complete the game with about 5000 kills on average, without trying.....but theres no way I could play through the game 14 times to achieve the 72000 needed for the trophy.

As boring as it was, I'd rather take it down in 1 fell swoop.

• 2 weeks later...

YES IT IS FUCKING BORING>>>

considering the fact i am currently working on my 3rd try! my first was total failure, 2nd i ended with 68,000 realizing with only an hour or less left there was no WAY... so i gave it a much much much much needed break!!! and i think i may have it this time!

i too am a proud owner of the game since day 1, i preordered nija costume and everything!!! the game is interesting enuff, but wtf this is a major tedious grind! lol

i got my fingers crossed! could u guys wish sum good karma 4 me o this one...

3rd times a charm! almost a year later...:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. Very stupid trophy. I started it a couple of days ago, and am doing only a few hours at a time. Very boring. I made a spreadsheet and I'm tracking the time and kills I get every hour or so (just before getting into the SUV from the Yucatan, I always check my watch and mark down the time and kills).

At least I'm on track. Just got the Silver Trophy for 53xxx kills at around 9:00am on 9/27, so I'm ahead of the markers according to other posts. Because the last thing I want is to fail and have to kill 72000 zombies again. Ugh.

What a terribly designed trophy. Never ever want to do that again. Finally got the Gold trophy at 2:00am on 9/28. Got out of the car at 71998 kills and got the last two by hand-to-hand combat.

Feels good.

I had just got the trophy last night and I agree on how boring it is but it's NOT really that difficult if you do the story missions and Zombrex. I got the the trophy with about 4-5 in game hours to spare before having to do 'The Facts' I even unlocked Overtime incase I wasn't gonna make it but didn't even need the extra day, so I truly suggest doing it that way it IS guaranteed as long as you use the inbetween case time mowing down zombies with the SUV.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah man seriously I tried it 3 times I got to 71,786 & then time ran out I said "Ok fuck this I tried my best ,don't need to do it anymore."Plus staying up on it that long takes hours & I felt like crap & felt ill ..

it's a pain in the ass & I just said fuck it.

Anyone tries it soon,well you better get ready to be bored as shit .

it's a drag :boom:

• 1 month later...