Do I need a new controller or what?

Dancing Mad

Haven't played this for over tow years, so...I think my controller is getting old, OR I forgot how to play. Maybe I'm just playing like ass.

MANY times when I want to use rush to get out of a zombie horde or whatever, I end up throwing explosives while rushing, or my guns switch on me, sometimes both. I always have the flares ready, but then I rush and huck a grenade at the same time, then I start firing with the rifle but I end up using the machine gun or shocker. :/

It's entirely possible that I just suck and end up hitting L2 or the direction pad while rushing, and it only happens when I'm in a frenzy. But one time and I SWEAR this happened, I just meleed and it also hucked a grenade. I did not touch L1. Is it possible that controllers get old enough that the contacts inside get all messed up? This happened to me while playing Metro Last Light where in a frenzy, again, my guy popped out the giant flashlight while I was trying to shoot something. :/

I know it's not really the right place for this, but since I'm currently playing this game...:/

I mean I'm not the best game player ever here, but this has never happened to me before. (and it doesn't happen while playing DN on PS4)

I've had that happen a couple of times but only because I was panic firing and hit the wrong button. In your case it sounds like your Joypad is up the spout but I would try again and this time try not to panic fire, if you still keep doing the wrong thing then I would get another Joypad and see if the same thing happens.

Yeah maybe I need to train myself to keep it cool, like before. Played through the whole game twice in two days with a friend so we could get the trophy. (we messed up the first time haha) So at this point I thought I was good...also I really wish you could use the right side buttons for switching things, it's a pain in the ass to stop moving when you want to quickly switch to a gun or item.

• 4 months later...

From the looks of it, this looks like a problem I had sometime ago. My controller would just do random things when I pressed a button. It could be a loose connection between the contact sheet and the buttons. This video helped me solve my problem.

[ame=

]
[/ame]