Tips for Morbid?

Dancing Mad

Yes, I've read the guide for it, not saying it's bad, in any way, but I'm looking for some tips that are perhaps more in depth. For exmaple is there any armor combination I should be using? I have all of it.

I mean I can't even clear the second level. Just not enough resources, so how the hell am I going to clear anything else if I ever get passed this lol.

Armour wise I tried to get a balance between Speed and Protection, Strength is next to useless on the higher difficulties. In terms of weapons I went with the Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Blade Cannon, Shotgun, Mines, Dynamite and I think I upgraded the SMG as well but I can't be certain :think:. I know the Shocker has its fans but personally I thought it was junk and the same goes for the Flamethrower.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typos.

What exactly does strength DO anyway? Endurance and agility are a given obviously, but never got the strength stat down.

And yeah, either I don't know how to use the shocker properly, or it's ass. Not once has it ever been useful to me. The shock is supposed to spread into zombies, but how? I keep the button pressed down, and it barely does anything.

Edited by Dancing Mad

If you didn't you could check the stuff I wrote in the guide I wrote for the PS4 version, because they're slightly different than the PS3 one, though the game is exactly the same. I preferred using full protosuit because it has the fastest movement speed, as well as I mostly used only the rifle and equipment for my whole Morbid playthrough. I agree with Terminator the shocker and flamethrower seemed useless through most of the playthrough other than the last level.

As far as I'm aware strength is your melee damage, though you don't exactly want to melee enemies on Morbid since they take quite a bit of health from you when they hit you.

Hmm...okay, good to know. Then I can sacrifice a lot of strength for agility? My main problem here is that I can't outrun the zombies. They always catch up to me. (although killing them with one melee strike is nice, but I probably shouldn't rely on that)

Even if your strength is low though, can you still at least decently rush out of zombies when surrounded?

Although at this point I'm thinking that to survive, NOT getting swarmed in the first place is probably key.

Hmm...okay, good to know. Then I can sacrifice a lot of strength for agility? My main problem here is that I can't outrun the zombies. They always catch up to me. (although killing them with one melee strike is nice, but I probably shouldn't rely on that)

Even if your strength is low though, can you still at least decently rush out of zombies when surrounded?

Most of the time as long you don't run into anything when you're rushing you'll be good for getting out if you're surrounded. If you're main issue is getting hit because the zombies move faster I would definitely recommend using the protosuit armour. :)

That's where your Speed comes in handy as it means you can Sprint faster but Sprint is a double edged sword as you end up losing one horde and triggering an even bigger one. The overall best advice I can give you is to move slowly and trigger the Zombies one small group at a time, lay Mines if can as they will decimate entire groups thus allowing you to pick off the stragglers.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do. I take baby steps and try and trigger all hordes one by one. I'll try the protosuit armor setup. What I have right now is good because I can get hit a million times...but I keep on getting hit a million times lol.

And I'm so not looking forward to the end of the graveyard part. If I get to it. Lol.

I did my grim and morbid playthrough yesterday. Morbid took me 5 hours or so. If you already have all the armor I recommend protosuit #5 on everything as it will make you quick enough to run past most enemies. The only level that gave me trouble was the last level, particularly the last part of the level. The graveyard is incredibly simple I think, all you need to do is upgrade mines all the way and when you enter the last part of the graveyard run over to the wall the mouths are behind and place a mine, do this to all 4 of them and then go to the top right corner, this will give you a great spot to defend from while the mines are at work. Once the mines are done exploding, go around and make sure that all mouths are dead, once they are be ready for the cutter. After you will have a couple waves of weak enemies and the gate will open after that. For the final level I recommend buying the launcher and having it all the way upgraded, when dealing with cutters and a mob of soldier zombies this really comes in handy. Make sure to have your flares maxed out as well as they are an absolute life saver. I wish you the best of luck, let me know if you have any questions.

A lot of what getting through Morbid is about planning. If you are skilled enough to play through the game on Braindead, then follow it up with Grim right after, then go straight into Morbid you MAY remember where a certain percentage of zombies span from as you go along, but I was never able to run through it fast enough to keep that thought in my head.

I took my time getting through Grim and Morbid after leaving the game for two years untouched. It really does help to be patient, know what resources you need to save for large mobs or heavy hitters throughout the levels and conserve all ammo and money for what you really need it for. I particularly liked the Shocker for army and biker zombies at close range in the later part of the game and used the rifle as much as I possibly could, this tended to lower my kill rate and provide me with less money but it let me calculate my every move without panicking.

I watched a full playthrough while I was playing my Grim run that helped me determine the trouble spots and what to buy and use when. I would suggest this one:

I referenced it duing my Morbid run as well, but I was already prepared for most of the game after Grim

Well I beat the graveyard last night...wasn't as hard as I remember it to be, for some reason. Part of that is, it's one of the first times in the game that you get a checkpoint right before having to do a tough bit. Sometimes it's pretty discouraging when there's a tough spot coming up, but it's a while to get to it first. Taking baby steps and being careful, spending like 20 minutes doing something then you get killed by something in five seconds, ugh. Lol.

I did have to start the graveyard end a few times over, always ran out of things after killing the last screamer when those tall guys come after you. There was a great strategy here that someone posted, where you dropped mines at the four entrances then travel to the bottom of the screen...but for some reason the screamers kept screaming, or some walked up to me in what should have been a safe spot...so I had to improvise. Dynamite ftw lol.

Well I'm on the last level now. Having some trouble. Because it's in two sections, the one with all the screamers, then you beat those and everything else in there and go on to the bigger section. Thing is the first section is insane and I end up spending most of my things.

I get to the wave of firemen zombies, but I have nothing else at this point...I think I'll have to change my strategy and beat the cutters and jumpers with the rifle ans save the saws and launcher for the mob.

Well I'm on the last level now. Having some trouble. Because it's in two sections, the one with all the screamers, then you beat those and everything else in there and go on to the bigger section. Thing is the first section is insane and I end up spending most of my things.

I get to the wave of firemen zombies, but I have nothing else at this point...I think I'll have to change my strategy and beat the cutters and jumpers with the rifle ans save the saws and launcher for the mob.

That part took me a while too on morbid. I used a shotgun for the cutters and mouths. Use 2 mines, flares and 2 grenades for the first section. You can use molotovs but it can be dangerous if you get into the flames. The mouths come on a conveyor belt with a explosive barrel in front of it. For the second part, use the shotgun for the cutters. Always dash if you are in a tight situation regarding bombies, cutters and jumpers. The soldiers on the left are set loose when you have dealt with the jumpers. At the top right part with the health pack and two boxes, stay there and use the flamethrower if there is a group of soldiers. Use the the charged shots with the AR or shocker. The soldiers die quite quick with the shocker when they are on fire. Take your time with the soldiers, don't rush to the end of the second section and third section.

Edited by FreeCrazy123

Yes, I finally got it. Unfortunately I never upgraded the shocker, so I ended up beating the jumpers with the rifle so I could save some blades and grenade launcher ammo for the two waves of zombies after. They're the ones who kept giving me trouble. Had some shotgun shells left, but I used most of those trying to survive the first section, although what I had left certainly helped. I ended up going in circles with the zombies for like ten minutes after that, pegging them off with the rifle.

And those screamers on the conveyor belt, they start screaming when they're still on it and there's no way to get to them while they're on there. I was thinking of trying to stay on the left side of the screen and wait for all the screamers to be on the ground, but it just wasn't possible.

Everything here helped though, and next time, (doing this on PS4 now) I'll remember the shocker...it's a lot more useful than I first thought. The MSG is the weapon to avoid I think. Never comes in handy ever, except besides the fodder zombies, although they're nothing the rifle can't take care of.

Thanks everyone, got my plat now. :)

Edited by Dancing Mad

Yes, I finally got it. Unfortunately I never upgraded the shocker, so I ended up beating the jumpers with the rifle so I could save some blades and grenade launcher ammo for the two waves of zombies after. They're the ones who kept giving me trouble. Had some shotgun shells left, but I used most of those trying to survive the first section, although what I had left certainly helped. I ended up going in circles with the zombies for like ten minutes after that, pegging them off with the rifle.

And those screamers on the conveyor belt, they start screaming when they're still on it and there's no way to get to them while they're on there. I was thinking of trying to stay on the left side of the screen and wait for all the screamers to be on the ground, but it just wasn't possible.

Everything here helped though, and next time, (doing this on PS4 now) I'll remember the shocker...it's a lot more useful than I first thought. The MSG is the weapon to avoid I think. Never comes in handy ever, except besides the fodder zombies, although they're nothing the rifle can't take care of.

Thanks everyone, got my plat now. :)

Grats on the plat! Definitely a great game to invest the time and effort into. Once of the most fun experiences on the PS3/4 IMO. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Wut? The Shocker is an absolute godsend on Morbid

Upgraded a fair bit it can shred through crowds with a second or two or fire, it works wonders against fat zombies, firemen, military and weak hordes, though it is crap on the big enemies.

I would not recommend neglecting the shocker to anyone trying to plat this game.

I used the loot guide so I managed to max out everything with ease so would recommend this as well.

Personally I would neglect the SMG a bit, and not even bother getting Molotov's or the Flamethrower, Dynamite isn't essential either.

Managed to breeze through morbid for the most part by upgrading the Rifle as quickly as possible except clip, just put 2 or 3 in to that, pumping plenty in to the shotgun which is very good for making quick work of Mouth's and Jumpers, maxing out the Blade Cannon and Launcher asap, and then the shocker, Mines are also extremely useful as well

Also just use Protosuit 5, plenty of protection and Max Speed, which is by far the most important stat.

EDIT Oh I am way too late to the party here xD congrats!

• 2 months later...
Wut? The Shocker is an absolute godsend on Morbid
YES!

to anyone reading this looking for help on morbid, heres my strategy:

1) proto suit all the way. you can run really fast in a straight line and have no problem with jumpers and blade dudes. and you can backpedal fast enough to do headshots all day until a zombie starts running. then turn and run, only the one shot charred zombies (mouthers call them) and the runners can catch you.

2) smg sucks, even fully upgraded. it sucks against anything but regular skinny zombies and the acid spitters. go with the shotgun. with protosuit, let them come to you, blast in the face, run in circles. its easy.

3) blade canon is worthless, flamethrower is key! a zombie is a fish in a barrel when on fire. on the last stage a flamethrower shocker combo brings down hordes fast. flames and electricity eat thru military. and the shocker is the best against firemen.

4) molotovs are great. when zombies fall from rooftops and you cant hit them right away, molotovs can. see a mouther and have too much horde to deal with, toss a molotov. they cant sream when they are on fire. getting sandwiched in the trainyard? toss a molotov one way and a mine the other.

5) flare your dynamites, flare every non-alarmed car you can. flare the gas tanks. molotov a group of flared enemies for even more free time to take them down.

6) get as much cash in the first 6 levels you can. because in the last 3 you wanna rush to the next checkpoint. in the graveyard, you can rush to the last section. when rushing, your flares cost the least and will create nice gaps to get through. and anticipate hordes. the 2 large battles in the harbor level are entirely skipable. on the highway you need to wait for the elevator while avoiding the blade guy. its doable. and right b4 the last checkpoint, you need to kill everything to advance. otherwise RUSH

7) in the final arena battle. dynamite. flamethrower, shotgun the mouths. get the bombies to chase you into a horde, then sprint away. flamethrower, then smg and grenade launcher. go into the next area as soon as the gates open. grenade the firemen. run in circles. shotgun the blade dudes. put 2 mines down for bomb dudes. shotgun the jumpers, a few shots then run. eventualy they will drop. drop 2 more mines down on the top left and right for the military dudes. flamethrower the ones that are left then shock them. if you get overwhelmed, run to the top right all the way up. then creep down and only a few zombies will approach at a time. after that, the flamethrower is very important. crawl towards the exit and take out zombies a few at a time. you will be really low on ammo and projectiles. slow and steady wins the race at this point.

8) see a fatty zombie, headshots only or they will run. a runner is coming quick? shoot a quick shot, they will stager long enough for a headshot. use shocker on firemen. use flames on military. run towards bomb guys, then sprint. you are invincible when sprinting (except for blade dudes). when you get the hang of it,you can use them as weapons. best way to deal with mouths is to let them scream, if your safe. they will run out of screams. only good use for a smg. if you are not safe, use nades and flares to draw enemies away and shotgun them down quick.

do everything i just said and morbid is doable. i sometimes still have bad dreams about the final battle in the graveyard. thats the toughest part if u ask me. too much going on and not enough room to run.

Edited by uber_mensch2012