How many Gold Bars........

dz06lt

Spoilers if you have to complete the DLC.....

Did you leave the vault with? I wanted to take more but all I was able to manage was 3 on my first play because I wanted to make sure that I was able to keep all the special weapons and armor I got from dead money.

I did however go back and smuggle them all out but its a pain

At 35 lbs each i didnt take any, and even if i did who would have enough money to buy them? my guess is they put them in there for 2 reasons 1- they knew people were going to rant about em or boast about how they wasted their time smuggling useless weight out for no reason, or 2- IT'S A FREAKING VAULT what were you expecting to find in there? toy cars and teddy bears?

At 35 lbs each i didnt take any, and even if i did who would have enough money to buy them? my guess is they put them in there for 2 reasons 1- they knew people were going to rant about em or boast about how they wasted their time smuggling useless weight out for no reason, or 2- IT'S A FREAKING VAULT what were you expecting to find in there? toy cars and teddy bears?

Since the theme, "Let go" refers to this, I think they are the perfect reward. Players want them because they are valuable, however most people will have to let go of them because of the massive weight.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got 3 on my last run through. If you want your money out of them, you'll have to grab a calculator (if you suck at math like me) and head to the hologram vendors - trade them in for pre-war money. Each vendor has 2500 and the scrolling is slow, so it'll take a while.

Personally, I wish they had something a little less...obvious as a reward. Like maybe a schematic for a powerful weapon hidden underneath all the gold bars. A regenerative suit would be great and possibly tie in with the story a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That's pretty dumb that they would add them and you are unable to sell them. You would think someone has an affinity to gold somewhere.

it's actually brilliant lol

think about it, that is exactly the type of greed that the entire DLC is talking abouty and we all fell for it to different degrees. i took one bar but sacrificed almost 5000 in merchandise that i could have sold.

• 2 weeks later...