Dead Money - Road Map and Trophy Guide

mmgcash

Fns9ANY.png

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the great banner.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money Trophy Guide

Overview:

- Offline trophies: 5 ( 1 (G) , 2 (S), 2 (B) )

- Online trophies: 0

- Approximate amount of time to : 4 - 8 Hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable trophies: 3

- Glitched trophies: 0

- Do cheat codes disable trophies: N/A

Introduction

Hey guys, this is my first trophy guide for Fallout New Vegas' Dead Money DLC! If you have any tips or suggestions let me know. This is easily one of my favorite Fallout DLC's along with Point Lookout. I haven't had any problems with bug or glitches thus far but remember it's different for everyone. I HIGHLY suggest you are about level 25 when you go into this DLC. It will make everything so much easier for you. I might also mention that for the Safety Deposit Box trophy you must have at least one of the following skills at 75: Explosives, Science, Repair, Speech, Lockpick, or Sneak. Are you level 20+ and 75 in one of those skills? If so, continue reading!

Road Map

Thanks to Tigerlust for the great road map.

Step 1 - Avengers Assemble

First off, it is strongly suggested you are level 25, or higher, when starting this DLC. Also, during this DLC you will need at least 75 in one of these skills: Explosives, Lock-pick, Repair, Science, Sneak or Speech. So focus on upgrading one of these skills on your way to level 35. If you still don't have it when you need it, you might still be able to scrape by with the right combination of clothing, skill magazines and aids. Lastly, if you are just a few points off, keep in mind that clothing/aids effecting SPECIAL can also trickle down to your skill: Agility affects Sneak, Charisma affects Speech, Intelligence affects Repair & Science, while Perception affects Explosives & Lock-pick.

There are many traps in this DLC, so it is highly suggested to pick the "Light Step" Perk when you first level up, if you don't have it yet. With this perk you won't set any of these traps off: Mines, Trip Wires, Pressure Plate and Bear Traps! NOTE: Companions will still set them off if they get too close, and other traps like grenade bouquets will still go off.

Start looking everywhere and grab all the chips you can scavenge. Once you have 500, you will get the "Sierra Souvenir Aficionado" trophy.

When you meet Dog and God, you can chose to recruit either Dog or God to get the "Assemble Your Crew" Trophy. You need to also recruit "Dean Domino" and "Christine" to get the trophy.

Step 2 - We've got the biggest balls of them all

After you have the three companions and do some more story quests, you will eventually trigger the gala event. There are a massive amount of ghost people before and after the triggering of the gala event so be ready for a long fight. Complete it for the "Having A Ball" trophy.

Step 3 - The Vault

NOTE: Do NOT hack the security terminal in the vault or you might not be able to get the "Cash out" Trophy!

At the very end of the Quest "Heist of the Centuries", you will have to access a Vault Control Terminal and make a decision. Each of these options will allow you to obtain either the "Cash Out" or "Safety Deposit Box" trophy and is mutually exclusive of the other trophy! Make a save BEFORE using the Vault Control Terminal, get either of these trophies, then reload the save and do the other set of requirements. (See the trophy guide below for a detailed explanation of these trophies.)

Another note as to The Vault, if you want to have riches of what I believe to be over 200,000 caps then you might want to watch some of these videos on how to get all gold bars out of the vault:

Edited by Terminator
Converted the video into a link.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide:

52.jpg  Assemble Your Crew (B)

Recruited Dean Domino, Christine and Dog.

It has been brought to my attention that this trophy is possibly glitched. Everything worked out for me just fine but you might want to be careful. Some tips I have for this will apply to the most of the DLC in general. Scavenge everything, look in all corners, always watch for traps when walking, save plenty and conserve ammo. Thought I might mention that the trophy image is a Brady Bunch reference.

54.jpg  Having a Ball (B)

Completed the Sierra Madres Gala Event.

Story related, can't be missed.

Again, same tips as before. Just make sure to take your time on everything. You will have to get Dog, Dean, and Christine to where they need to be and then you can start the Gala event. You are required to go to the bell tower to and complete the quest Trigger the Gala Event that opens the gates to the Sierra Madre Hotel. Enjoy the show! You receive the trophy once you have activated the control pad that starts it.

53.jpg  Cash Out (S)

Confronted Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre's Vault.

MISSABLE

NOTES:

1: Don't hack the security terminal in the vault or you will not be able to get this trophy!

2: You must disable the Vault's security first, else you can't access the Security Terminal and view the other Vault Options.

3: Don't touch the Sinclair Personal Accounts, else you will be locked in the vault and be unable to leave.

use the Security Terminal first, else you can't access any of the Vault Options.

Time to get some sweet revenge. Once you're inside the Sierra Madre Vault during the quest Heist of the Centuries and you have made Elijah come down to the vault via a speech check, make a save so you can do the Safety Deposit Box trophy as well. Then wait inside for him to stand in front of the door or when he comes from behind the shield to kill you, then is your chance to kill him. The trophy will appear after he is dead. Be prepared for a long run back the way you camem as your collar is ticking!

55.jpg  Safety Deposit Box (G)

Trapped Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre's Vault.

MISSABLE

Just reload the save you made before you did the Cash Out trophy and we're in business. To trap Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre's Vault, you must have at least one of the following skills at 75: Speech, Explosives, Science, Repair, Lockpick or Sneak. If necessary, use a magazine before accessing the Vault's Control Terminal. Here's another reason you should be a high level before doing this DLC. After activating the Vault Control Terminal, Father Elijah will contact you on the green screen behind the terminal. Select any of the following dialog options when they are available:

"Now that I'm here, are you coming down?" Followed by: "Unless you come down here, I'll destroy the vault, everything in it." And pass an Explosives, Science or Repair skill check.

"Then I'll find a way to unlock the secrets of this vault, take them for myself." And pass a Lockpick or Sneak skill check.

You can also make a 75 speech skill check by selecting the option "I don't care about the vault I just want to leave."

After a successful skill check, Father Elijah will tell you he's coming down. Two new objectives will appear on your Pip-Boy:

a) Defeat Elijah.

b) (Optional) Sneak out of the Vault's chamber area undetected, trapping Elijah when he opens the vault.

If objective (B) does not appear, reload and try again, otherwise, the blue barriers will prevent you from sneaking out. Immediately leave the Vault Terminal room and exit the turret room from your left. (Opposite to where Father Elijah enters). Backtrack all the way to the elevator that you arrived in, around the time you get close to the elevator, Elijah will realize that he's been tricked and set off the alarm. Take the elevator and you will arrive back at the Villa. Your trophy will pop up during the loading screen.

Here's a video to help the visual style people around here. Thanks to jhaller2 for the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJuc87PA_Tg YouTube - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money - Safety Deposit Box Achievement 

56.jpg  Sierra Souvenir Aficionado (S)

Collected 500 Sierra Madre Chips.

MISSABLE

I got this trophy before I finished the Gala event. All you have to do is pick up every chip you see and search all cabinets and such that contain chips. You'll have this trophy in no time. They can be found mainly in the villa in fountains, inside of buildings they can be found in dressers, night stands file cabinets and on tables. Just be sure to check everywhere. Basically you can't miss this trophy if you're trying to get it.

Alternatively, collecting the Sierra Madre Snowglobe will award 2,000 chips and complete this challenge. You can also gamble until you have enough chips at the tables in the Sierra Madre.

Thank you so much for reading my guide everyone! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did making it. Like I said, if you have any additional tips or want to correct me on a mistake let me know!

Edited by Viper
Guide revisions by Terminator, 13/05/2019.

Here's the video I used for the Safety Deposit Box trophy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJuc87PA_Tg YouTube - Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money - Safety Deposit Box Achievement 

For both the Safety Deposit Box and Cash Out trophies I recommend saving just before you access the Vault Terminal that way you can reload after you've done one of them and then do the other.

Spoiler

Assemble Your Crew is missable, because you have the choice to take Either God OR Dog with you and if you choose to take God then the trophy won't unlock.

I wouldn't list the Sierra Souvenir Aficionado Trophy as missable as there are so many Chips lying around in Containers, on the ground and in the fountains you can't possibly miss getting them :), in fact this was my 1st trophy of the DLC.

Edited by Viper
Fixed typos.

[spoiler=1]Assemble Your Crew IS missable as you have the choice to take Either God OR Dog with you and if you choose to take God then the trophy won't unlock.

I wouldn't list the Sierra Souvenir Aficionado Trophy as missable as there are so many Chips lying around in Containers, on the ground and in the fountains you can't possibly miss getting them :), in fact this was my 1st trophy of the DLC.

I will make sure to edit the guide about the Assemble Your Crew part. About the SSA trophy, some people might not pick those things up and it's not story related so I thought I would put it under missable. Am I messing up what missable really means? I'm sorry I don't know too much about it because this is my first guide.

The trophy tiles have been uploaded to the site, you should probably update them.

PS3Trophies.org - Fallout: New Vegas Trophies List

I'm sorry about being such an illiterate, I'm still learning. But what exactly does that have to do with me updating this? It looks like the trophy images to me, which I already have.

Edited by mmgcash
Spelling fail

PS3T tiles have to be used in guides, not the ones found on the playstation site. The first trophy should look like:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/../images/trophies/343/52.jpg

instead of the current one. It's all documented in the Trophy Guide Walkthrough thread.

Edited by ShadowAFC

PS3T tiles have to be used in guides, not the ones found on the playstation site. The first trophy should look like:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/../images/trophies/343/52.jpg

instead of the current one. It's all documented in the Trophy Guide Walkthrough thread.

I'm very sorry, I didn't know there was a walkthrough thread. I googled it and found some guy on a different site and I went by his thing. Can you give me a link to this guide? Or tell me where it is?

Thanks for that, luckily I got most things right just by looking at other guides :)

Put it this way, I didn't find it missable but this is YOUR guide so what you say, goes ;)

I didn't find it missable either, I got it before Having A Ball trophy. But I guess people who aren't scavenge maniacs like me could miss it. Basically if you ask me the only way you could miss it is if you aren't trying to get the trophy. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll edit the guide about about that missable part, mind if I put in that video of yours?

Nice job on your first guide!

One suggestion is to plug this into your overview, I think it adds a nice touch:

- Offline: 5 (1(G) 2(S) 2(B))

Also, I decided to write a road map, but instead of making another post, I think it is a lot simpler for people picking up the DLC if it is all posted in one post. Would you mind putting this into your guide? Feel free to adjust as you please. A simple note at the very bottom of the whole post giving credit for the road map would be most appreciated.

Road Map

Step 1 - Avengers Assemble

First off, it is strongly suggested you are level 25, or higher, when starting this DLC. Also, during this DLC you will need at least 75 in one of these skills: Explosives, Lock-pick, Repair, Science, Sneak or Speech. So focus on upgrading one of these skills on your way to level 35. If you still don't have it when you need it, you might still be able to scrape by with the right combination of clothing, skill magazines and aids. Lastly, if you are just a few points off, keep in mind that clothing/aids effecting SPECIAL can also trickle down to your skill: Agility effects Sneak, Charisma effects Speech, Intelligence effects Repair & Science, while Perception effects Explosives & Lock-pick.

There are many traps in this DLC, so it is highly suggested to pick the "Light Step" Perk when you first level up, if you don't have it yet. With this perk you won't set any of these off traps: Mines, Trip Wires, Pressure Plate and Bear Traps! NOTE: Companions will still set them off if they get too close, and other traps like grenade bouquets will still go off.

Start looking everywhere and grab all the chips you can scavange. Once you have 500, you will get the "Sierra Souvenir Aficionado" trophy.

When you meet Dog and God, choose DOG first, otherwise you won't be able to get the "Assemble Your Crew" Trophy. You need to also recruit "Dean Domino" and "Christine" to get the trophy.

Step 2 - We've got the biggest balls of them all

After you have the three companions, and do some more story quests, you will eventually trigger the gala event. Complete it for the "Having A Ball" trophy.

Step 3 - The Vault

NOTE: Do NOT hack the security terminal in the vault, or you might not be able to get the "Cash out" Trophy!

At the very end of the Quest "Heist of the Centuries", you will have to access a Vault Control Terminal, and make a decision. Each of these options will allow you to obtain either the "Cash Out" or "Safety Deposit Box" trophy, and is mutually exclusive of the other trophy! Make a save BEFORE using the Vault Control Terminal, get either of these trophies, then reload the save and do the other set of requirements.

(See the trophy guide below for a detailed explanation of these trophies.)

--------------------------------------

EDIT: Speech can also be used for Safety Deposit Box, by choosing the option "i don't care about the vault i just want to leave".

Edited by TigerLust

Nice job on your first guide!

Thanks! I added in your Road Map and added in those trophy images into the "Offline" trophies bar. I believe I had the speech part in the actual description for Safety Deposit Box I just forgot to put in the list of skills that you can have 75 for.

Thanks a lot for that road map. I was think about making one and you saved me lots of time :applause:

[spoiler=1]Assemble Your Crew IS missable as you have the choice to take Either God OR Dog with you and if you choose to take God then the trophy won't unlock.

In the spoiler is a correction (needs to be confirmed) to the missable status of "Assemble Your Crew" trophy.

[spoiler=2]I got this trophy and i recruited God. I did the whole DLC without ever talking to the "Dog" half of "it"? (baring the part where he gets all schitzo in the kitchen, but i managed to keep him as God there aswell) I played it on a second account to be sure and the trophy still popped when i recruited God. Doesn't seem missable to me.

I added in your Road Map and added in those trophy images into the "Offline" trophies bar.

Thanks, the guide looks really great! Don't forget whenever you feel it is done to submit the guide, so the staff can review it. They tend to have a bunch of good suggestions, so be prepared to make some changes when they get in touch with you.

Nice Road Map TL

Thanks Terminator, we keep playing the same games I see :D

Thanks, the guide looks really great! Don't forget whenever you feel it is done to submit the guide, so the staff can review it. They tend to have a bunch of good suggestions, so be prepared to make some changes when they get in touch with you.

I just submitted it, thanks for all the help you guys. Can't wait to make one of these again. :thumbsup:

That we do ;)!

Cash Out is a missable one too. When I completed the Dead Money 1st time, I ONLY unlocked the Safety Deposit Box trophy.

You only get one or the other per your decision at the end. You either tail it to the entrance before you get spotted and trap him in the vault or you sit and wait for him, kill him and run off.

Also you do not receive cash out if you kill Elijah with the turrets. It must be by your own weapons. He carries a decent Gauss Rifle and has unique robes, so it's up to you if you want to trap him in the vault or kill him and take a chance to run to the entrance.

Edited by Thunder_At_Home