freeze after DLC?

ps3guru

Alright, so I just finished Dead Money, it was an okay DLC, not the best IMO anyway.. After the DLC was done an i returned back to the wasteland the game started freezing an doing all sorts of weird slomo movement an other things. Never had this before anyone got any fixes? Maybe re-download all the DLC an patches?

Re-downloading won't fix the problem as it's an inherent problem with the game, all you can do is live with it and use the cache clear code:

Hold L2, R2 and Square after the trophies load and the anti-file corruption message disappears and keep holding them until the main menu appears. You'll know if it's worked as the Fallout and Press Start text will disappear.

The freezing is caused by the Gamebryo Engine which is an ancient engine that leaks like a sieve at the best of times and freezes frequently.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Re-downloading won't fix the problem as it's an inherent problem with the game, all you can do is live with it and use the cache clear code:

Hold L2, R2 and Square after the trophies load and the anti-file corruption message disappears and keep holding them until the main menu appears. You'll know if it's worked as the Fallout and Press Start text will disappear.

The freezing is caused by the Gamebryo Engine which is an ancient engine that leaks like a sieve at the best of times and freezes frequently.

Hi Terminator, I wanted to say thanks for this info (I already read it in the Fallout 3 DLC posts), which made F3 DLCs alot easier. When I started NV I did the clear cache code everytime I started to play and I never had a single freeze :). But now after two DLCs (Dead Money & Honest Hearts) my game starts getting the hickups, even after the clear cache code. I was wondering, since I got all trophies on those DLCs, would it be possible to remove them, thus getting less freeze and lagg?