Auto-scale enemies

XpanderFX

The auto scale is mainly for when you're in co-op, when playing solo it makes little to no difference.

yeah, i noticed it later in the options, where says "multiplayer".

so, for make online trophies very easy, its enough someones with a lv1 hosts the game and others, at higher level, join the game right? i mean with the autoscale disabled of course

if the host is lv1, zombies are lv1. if co op buddies are higher lv, so it will be only easier. why harder??

Yes, it would. I believe that you even get an alert to not join a lobby with players that are higher levels than you as the enemies will be the same level as the host. If you're the host then enemies will be your level, even if you have someone in your group who's a higher level than you. The level scales on whoever's hosting.

As for what is better, it doesn't really matter depending if you're at a very low level. It's only for experience purposes to not make the game easier. If you want to cruise through the game then don't auto scale, if you do, then it makes it more challenging for every player.

Edited by Warbear

Yes, it would. I believe that you even get an alert to not join a lobby with players that are higher levels than you as the enemies will be the same level as the host. If you're the host then enemies will be your level, even if you have someone in your group who's a higher level than you. The level scales on whoever's hosting.

As for what is better, it doesn't really matter depending if you're at a very low level. It's only for experience purposes to not make the game easier. If you want to cruise through the game then don't auto scale, if you do, then it makes it more challenging for every player.

i mean with autoscale DISABLED and LV1 HOST :wall:

the higher LV players can cover the LV1 and oneshotting everything

• 1 month later...

I was playing this the other day with my buddy, he was playing through level one with various characters... L58 Sam can one punch L1 thugs into the floor - funny as ;)

Also when Levelled up players kill the zombies, the money they have seems to be levelled up too - even though they are L1 enemies - thugs worth $2000 - $5000 etc rather than hundreds.

I've just revisited the game, forgot how much fun it was, playing through again now just for lols :D