Do I dare?

Ron-A-Palooza

After reading posts on the forums etc. it is very disconcerting how many glitches this game still has. Are they still a large issue? I really don't want to start this game and spend 40+ hours into it if some little thing will glitch a save game file or if I want to play with a buddy I have to worry about some trophy not popping. Can anyone give me a solid glimpse of what to expect in terms of glitchy trophies or should I just trade in the game and move along?

I would trade this in and forget it even exists. I had the 28 days trophy glitch on me (which is supposed to be impossible but even so), the frame-rate is abysmal in places (think half way between FO3 and FO: NV and you'll have some idea what to expect) and it crashed on me once and nearly corrupted my save in the process, the servers are beyond atrocious (that is if you can even connect to them) and hackers run riot most of the time so expect to encounter some very dodgy items. The DLCs are boring, the Ryder White DLC has no trophies anyway and is very short (3hrs last time I looked). The Arena DLC is almost impossible to complete solo and the A.I can be very cheap at times.

This is one of those rare games I wish I'd never bought as I went through hell to get the 100% and was ready to snap the disc in half when the 28 days trophy glitched :mad:.

• 2 weeks later...
The glitches are entirely random, it doesn't matter what patched version of the game you have, what model PS3 you use or where you live as you will either get glitched up to the eyeballs or you won't :(.

Thanks for the prompt response. Almost sounds like I wouldn't be worse off with Skyrim or FO: NV, games I'd much rather play, but have been avoiding due to glitches.

To be fair I think a lot of glitches must be fixed cos although I've had the game for ages, I've only just started playing it and I'm up to 70% and I've had no problems except for one freeze that needed a PS3 reset.

I also tried a glitch that was supposed to give me some diamonds and it never worked so give the game a go and make up your own mind.

I'm really enjoying it.

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd say that my experience with the game and getting the plat was pretty much flawless as well. I too had to reset my PS3, maybe two times, due to freezes in co-op but that's it. Definitely nothing game breaking, so I'd have to say that it does seem to have been fixed. That I would've gotten "lucky" enough to have nothing glitch on me, while others have reported close to everything being broken doesn't seem very likely.

So yeah: You do dare! :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have the goty edition, and finished this game last week.... My PSN profile shows it as 100% - though tbf i still have a few challenges outstanding lol.... but the platinum wasn't an issue at all, and i thought that it was almost too easy in all honesty.

The only glitches i had were 2 crashes in mp that forced a ps3 re-start, but other than that i had no issues at all with the game - and really enjoyed playing it tbh :)

The only real issue that i can see is when other players join your game randomly and complete a quest without you, not sure how that would effect your game - ie the 'there and back again' trophy etc - but if you set it to single player only, you can breeze through the quests.

Modded weapons: a few people have thrown down some modded weapons in mp - unlimited ammo crowd pleasers (shotguns) etc - i just ignore them, though i did have a lend of one from my buddy and they can be great fun, but i only did this after i'd got the plat (just in case lol) ;) - other than that i wouldn't trust a modded weapon after what i've read about corrupted saves etc.

MP can also be a laugh, team up with three other players who want to play the game and you're sure to have a good session :)

So yeah: You do dare! :)

Haha :D

EDIT: the Right 4 Life trophy: i thought would be a pain, but you can breeze through Act 1 with all the characters in a little over two hours game playing with each.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to have a mate save the game on the last mission (protecting the truck / workshop) - and then join them with each character respectively to complete the mission to get the trophy even faster? I think that would work.

Edited by yoda_squad

I must be one of the lucky ones then because i abandoned the game in December 2011 after getting all the online co-op trophies in case of a server shutdown but i've returned to this game only a few days ago and I have experienced 0 problems. No lag, no corrupt saves, nothing. It is just luck i think.

I'd try it out but that's just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had that many glitches at all. The frame rate is decent and I can't remember it dropping too much at times. The game is boring though. It gets quite repetitive, I quit it twice before the final stretch (one trophy to go now). Don't pay any more than 10€/$ for this, it's not that good. You can buy way better games with the same amount of money anyway.