Questions?!

ToastedAndButter

Ok i have a couple of questions. Me and my mate are playing this on LAN. And we have done a few main story quests but mostly side quests. Ans we figured out that we dont have to b doing the same quest as eachother as long as it isnt the main quest right? So if we split up and quickly do all the sidequests seperatly do we still get XP from the other completing a quest when the other person is not around? Is there a downside to this? Maybe we dont get all the blue prints? Do the blue prints stay on the NPC until we pick it up? Also with the lootin tootin trophy are they usually in the boxes u have to lockpick in? n

Or just totally random? Any answers is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

I remember doing some missions in co-op and getting nothing for my trouble so it's likely only the host will get anything. Co-op can also screw up the exploration trophy as the areas discovered by others don't count towards your tally, I had to do 2 full playthroughs to get it as several locations failed to register.

Legendary items are only found in the Lv3 Metal Chests and have a low drop/appearance rate, collecting them only counts for the person that picks them up, Legendaries given as mission rewards also don't count towards this trophy.

As for the XP, I don't remember precisely but I think it's based on what level you are and if you have the balancing option turned on.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Not sure if the legendary weapons are only found in level 3 chests because I am level 54 with my main character and still don't have level 3 lockpicking skill, but I've got that trophy. I found at least one on the body of a dead thug.

As far as I remember, the rewards for completing side quests stay on the NPC till you pick them up. And xp is given to both players for every mission. As long as you started in the same spot. You can tell because the game says "this mission will not be logged onto your game" or something like that. Me and my mate started from the very start, before talking to Sinamoi and we went through the entire game together. We got the Plat at the same time too.

If you do both go wandering off, just let the other know if you find a personal id, a fact, a blueprint or a new location.

My copy must have glitched then as I'm sure I only found the Legendaries in the Lv3 chests :confused:.

When did you play it? I have the GOTY edition and only recently played it. So maybe since you played it has been patched?

The game is very buggy anyway. So it wouldn't surprise me if all 3 of us in this thread experience the game differently.

• 1 year later...

Just to clarify for those who may be confused...Legendary Weapons are *NOT* the same as Exceptional Weapons, which are the ones you need for "Rootin' Tootin' Lootin'". Both are indicated by an orange name, but Legendary Weapons have *unique* names (e.g. Zed's Demise, Pick of Destiny, Master Chef, McCall's 9mm, etc). As a rule of thumb, Legendary Weapons (both melee and firearm) will be at the bottom of lists of "base item needed" on any applicable weapon mod blueprints.

• 1 month later...
Legendary items are very rare but can turn up anywhere.

They can sometimes be dropped by zombies, as I've collected a few that way, and can be given to you by characters playing in MP - so if you have a few, and your buddy needs a few, you can drop them to help them with the trophy :)

Can you get these items from quests also - if memory serves (will be a first ;)) I thought I was given one or two from quests.

Blue items certainly can be rewarded from quests - and am sure orange ones too - am sure that I received at least two orange items (Zeds demise and some big hammer or pick or other that I lost somehow very early on in the game because it was a heavy ass sob that I got bored with) from questing.