Everything about the "Rootin, Tooting, Lootin" trophy you need to know

MrCostari

I see that a lot of people have problems with this trophy and I often get questions about it. So I want to points some things out.

The best way to go for this trophy is by just playing through the game and check weapon crates EVERY 5 HOURS. Because every 5 hours you can get a orange weapon from a weapon crate. That's always. You can't get 2 orange weapons in a row or 2 within 1 hour (unless you use the glitch, but I'm not sure if it will counts towards the trophy) Assuming you need 5 weapons and 5 x 5 is 25 hours. I think you will put 25 hours in the game with 1 character, so just be sure you open a weapon crate every 5 hours. And there are lots of weapon crates to be found. Can't miss it. If you happen to not get the trophy after you finished with your main character. Then you can either keep playing with your main character till the next weapon. Or you can work on the trophy for completing Act I with all the 4 characters. If you take it slow, you'll play for 5 hours with a character in Act I.

About drops from zombies. I don't know exactly if there also is a 5 hour timer for orange weapon drops from zombies, but I do know that if you get one, it will reset the 5 hour time for a weapon crate. Always pick those weapons up, they count towards the trophy.

But what doesn't count towards the trophy?

- Quest rewards

- Bought in stores

- Dropped/traded with other players.

I hope this is clear for everyone and they understand more about the trophy :)

Any more questions, feel free to ask me.

Chris

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This would only apply to chests. An hour ago the girlfriend and I were playing and I looted an orange from a chest. Just a few minutes after that she looted an orange from a zombie drop.

I can't say for sure if this only applies to chests, but it clearly does not apply across the board.

This would only apply to chests. An hour ago the girlfriend and I were playing and I looted an orange from a chest. Just a few minutes after that she looted an orange from a zombie drop.

I can't say for sure if this only applies to chests, but it clearly does not apply across the board.

I know that. But with finding a orange weapon as a drop you resetted it back to 5 hours, unless you find another drop. But that's pretty rare :p

I'd say I'm easily around 10-15 hours in, and I've only found 1 exceptional weapon.

The funny thing is, I found it whilst I was killing zombies waiting for my mate to send me an invite, since I've been playing with 2 people I know, so I didn't technically find it in our game.

One of the zombies I killed dropped them and they were level 8 brass knuckles. I'm now level 21 and haven't seen another since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually there is a much quicker way, after you have gotten around chapter 12, you need a character with the ability to open L3 locks, fast travel to bunker #2 open the all the chests, then take the tunnel and open the other L3 chest there, fast travel to overpass camp and loot the chests there. I should not that if you do this properly and just Only look in the L3 chests you can get 1 orange/legendary weapon every 15-20 mins. I ended up having about 10 on my first playthrough.

• 1 month later...
I see that a lot of people have problems with this trophy and I often get questions about it. So I want to points some things out.

The best way to go for this trophy is by just playing through the game and check weapon crates EVERY 5 HOURS. Because every 5 hours you can get a orange weapon from a weapon crate. That's always. You can't get 2 orange weapons in a row or 2 within 1 hour (unless you use the glitch, but I'm not sure if it will counts towards the trophy) Assuming you need 5 weapons and 5 x 5 is 25 hours. I think you will put 25 hours in the game with 1 character, so just be sure you open a weapon crate every 5 hours. And there are lots of weapon crates to be found. Can't miss it. If you happen to not get the trophy after you finished with your main character. Then you can either keep playing with your main character till the next weapon. Or you can work on the trophy for completing Act I with all the 4 characters. If you take it slow, you'll play for 5 hours with a character in Act I.

About drops from zombies. I don't know exactly if there also is a 5 hour timer for orange weapon drops from zombies, but I do know that if you get one, it will reset the 5 hour time for a weapon crate. Always pick those weapons up, they count towards the trophy.

- Quest rewards

- Bought in stores

Chris

not sure thats quite right?

i just got the trophy last night legit and i have not played around 25hrs :)

i only just got to the prison and the chest in the room you open the cell doors gave my 5th weapon.

i got 2 around the labs just before i went there and i didn't wait 5 hours

mind you i did save and comeback later but it's supposed to be 5hr solid is it not? .(infact in game play terms/actual time i may have got 3 in around 5 or 6hours or so)

i do have the 3 perks that increase the chances of a rare item from a box.

and i open just about every one i see even if it meant dying.

anyway what about the people who posted they been playing for ages and barely got any yet if every 5hrs it supposed to dish them out.

i think the 3 perk upgrades is the only way the 5hr thing works.

OH AND I GOT ONE FROM A LEVEL 2 BOX BEHIND THE JUNGLE RIVER VILLAGE SPEED TRAVEL ROOM.

Edited by johnnyhotrocks

I got this trophy without even caring about it before I reached Act3 on my first playthrough. I loot everything I see and it was very, very easy. 4 out of 5 were found in the city.

same here. i had collected six exceptional weapons before the end of act 2, and i have already found another at the start of act 3.

i am playing the GOTY edition btw. glad i waited for it.

Edited by DaddyGamer

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I got an orange weapon, but it is normal hammer. Nothing special about it, it's called hammer and looks like a normal hammer, but the weapon name is orange. Does it count?

Yeah probably. I found one outside the police station in Moresby that was an orange knife. Nothing special, just a knife and I almost didn't pick it up but I did and it still counted.

- Quest rewards

- Bought in stores

Chris

I had no troubles at all getting this trophy with my Purna in my first playthrough. Ok, i spent a lot, a lot of time traveling around, btw i must have found at least 10 or 12 orange weapons inside boxes (4 already within act I) and i did not activate the Purna's ability to find better weapons despite i reached level 60 with her. So maybe choosing Purna's character for your first playthrough migth make this trophy easier and Purna is also very strong strong with her own upgrades

I had no troubles at all getting this trophy with my Purna in my first playthrough. Ok, i spent a lot, a lot of time traveling around, btw i must have found at least 10 or 12 orange weapons inside boxes (4 already within act I) and i did not activate the Purna's ability to find better weapons despite i reached level 60 with her. So maybe choosing Purna's character for your first playthrough migth make this trophy easier and Purna is also very strong strong with her own upgrades

I'm using Xian and already found over 10 orange weapons. I'm on act 3, maybe it's easier in GOTY edition.