XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > D (PS3) > Dead Island

Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So is this game pretty much safe to play now?

No more autosave glitches or trophy glitches?
I've just started so any info would be appreciated, Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I bought the game about 3 weeks ago and haven't run across one glitch at all yet. The main issue I have is properly connecting to games when doing an online run. Especially invites from people on my friend list.

I have had a few times it froze, but not when playing single player, it would only happen when I was playing someone elses game.

If you do plan on getting the bloodbath DLC I would suggest doing it before playing the game through. Its a great way to earn money which can be a major pain in the ass and gain some good experience as well. I don't see much use for it when your game is done and characters are leveled to where you want them, seeing as it adds no real value to the game itself... unless you just want to kill wave after wave of zombies all day or just get the trophies like I did, then have at 'er :P (A platinum without a 100% completion due to dlc drives me nuts *cough, uncharted 2, cough*

bobsnotmyuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

The save glitches have mostly gone but you can still lose weapons without warning and the "How Many Days Exactly" trophy is glitched and won't unlock when it should do . DS froze on me only once but the Frame-Rate is atrocious thanks to it constantly skipping and jerking around and the Audio is little better. The hit detection is really off in places so you can take a shot at someone and the bullet/melee swing will either miss or do zero damage. On the flip side the damage that enemies do is disproportionate to the damage you do to them e.g you take 5% of their health off with one shot/swing and when they take a shot/swing at you, you can lose most of your health in one go !

The real problems are with the online mode which is beyond a joke now thanks to the crippling bugs it has e.g. connection errors/problems, freeze ups (other have had this but I haven't), Lag, Problems even getting the search browser to even load etc.

Dead Island should have stayed in development for at least another year, just to make it even stable. Only the Bloodbath Arena DLC has any trophies, Ryder White's Campaign and the pre-order only weapons do not. Also, the saves are hard locked so you will need the PS+ Cloud to back them up.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 02-18-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Added extra info.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I platinumed the game a month ago without glitches. I always played offline, I recommend that way.
DigitalFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you all for your responses! I am playing currently offline and I don't plan on buying the dlc, I can't stand looking at low percentage plats either. -HUGE COUGH BURNOUT FREAKING PARADISE-
I keep thinking I'm encountering glitches regarding saves but I think I'm just being crazy, Although I'll get to a certain objective in one quest -this was only once mind you- and I'll intentionally restart after seeing checkpoint and the red icon and the mission's progress didn't save.. Ehhh. Probably just being ridiculous XD
Old 02-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner

There are 2 checkpoints, one that only soft saves which allows you to respawn after dying and the Hard Save that will allow you save and come back later.

When the word "Checkpoint" appears make sure it also says "saving" or "saved" else you will lose progress.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MrCostari

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
The save glitches have mostly gone but you can still lose weapons without warning and the "How Many Days Exactly" trophy is glitched and won't unlock when it should do . DS froze on me only once but the Frame-Rate is atrocious thanks to it constantly skipping and jerking around and the Audio is little better. The hit detection is really off in places so you can take a shot at someone and the bullet/melee swing will either miss or do zero damage. On the flip side the damage that enemies do is disproportionate to the damage you do to them e.g you take 5% of their health off with one shot/swing and when they take a shot/swing at you, you can lose most of your health in one go !

The real problems are with the online mode which is beyond a joke now thanks to the crippling bugs it has e.g. connection errors/problems, freeze ups (other have had this but I haven't), Lag, Problems even getting the search browser to even load etc.

Dead Island should have stayed in development for at least another year, just to make it even stable. Only the Bloodbath Arena DLC has any trophies, Ryder White's Campaign and the pre-order only weapons do not. Also, the saves are hard locked so you will need the PS+ Cloud to back them up.
Hard locked? What do you mean?
MrCostari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guide Team

I mean they're locked to the Hard Drive and can't be copied unless you have access to the PS+ Save File Cloud .

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to MrCostari

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Ah ok, I've been duping a bit since yesterday and I don't want to get corrupted data.
My stats, challenges and trophies got corrupted (Why??)
Should I save it on the cloud, to be sure? Or is the chance really low?
MrCostari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guide Team

Since your saves have been corrupted, I'd delete all of them and start over, only this time don't use the duping glitch as that only increases your chances of the Auto Save screwing up and corrupting your save(s) . The last update made it so if your save does corrupt it will attempt to repair it but more often then not you will lose a lot of stuff in the process

My advice is to delete your saves, start over and make frequent backups to the Cloud.

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Tags
1.40, autosave, glitch, patch, safe