So is this game pretty much safe to play now?

xTheBravex

I bought the game about 3 weeks ago and haven't run across one glitch at all yet. The main issue I have is properly connecting to games when doing an online run. Especially invites from people on my friend list.

I have had a few times it froze, but not when playing single player, it would only happen when I was playing someone elses game.

If you do plan on getting the bloodbath DLC I would suggest doing it before playing the game through. Its a great way to earn money which can be a major pain in the ass and gain some good experience as well. I don't see much use for it when your game is done and characters are leveled to where you want them, seeing as it adds no real value to the game itself... unless you just want to kill wave after wave of zombies all day or just get the trophies like I did, then have at 'er :p (A platinum without a 100% completion due to dlc drives me nuts *cough, uncharted 2, cough*

The save glitches have mostly gone but you can still lose weapons without warning and the "How Many Days Exactly" trophy is glitched and won't unlock when it should do :(. DS froze on me only once but the Frame-Rate is atrocious thanks to it constantly skipping and jerking around and the Audio is little better. The hit detection is really off in places so you can take a shot at someone and the bullet/melee swing will either miss or do zero damage. On the flip side the damage that enemies do is disproportionate to the damage you do to them e.g you take 5% of their health off with one shot/swing and when they take a shot/swing at you, you can lose most of your health in one go :mad:!

The real problems are with the online mode which is beyond a joke now thanks to the crippling bugs it has e.g. connection errors/problems, freeze ups (other have had this but I haven't), Lag, Problems even getting the search browser to even load etc.

Dead Island should have stayed in development for at least another year, just to make it even stable. Only the Bloodbath Arena DLC has any trophies, Ryder White's Campaign and the pre-order only weapons do not. Also, the saves are hard locked so you will need the PS+ Cloud to back them up.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Thank you all for your responses! I am playing currently offline and I don't plan on buying the dlc, I can't stand looking at low percentage plats either. -HUGE COUGH BURNOUT FREAKING PARADISE-

I keep thinking I'm encountering glitches regarding saves but I think I'm just being crazy, Although I'll get to a certain objective in one quest -this was only once mind you- and I'll intentionally restart after seeing checkpoint and the red icon and the mission's progress didn't save.. Ehhh. Probably just being ridiculous XD

The save glitches have mostly gone but you can still lose weapons without warning and the "How Many Days Exactly" trophy is glitched and won't unlock when it should do :(. DS froze on me only once but the Frame-Rate is atrocious thanks to it constantly skipping and jerking around and the Audio is little better. The hit detection is really off in places so you can take a shot at someone and the bullet/melee swing will either miss or do zero damage. On the flip side the damage that enemies do is disproportionate to the damage you do to them e.g you take 5% of their health off with one shot/swing and when they take a shot/swing at you, you can lose most of your health in one go :mad:!

The real problems are with the online mode which is beyond a joke now thanks to the crippling bugs it has e.g. connection errors/problems, freeze ups (other have had this but I haven't), Lag, Problems even getting the search browser to even load etc.

Dead Island should have stayed in development for at least another year, just to make it even stable. Only the Bloodbath Arena DLC has any trophies, Ryder White's Campaign and the pre-order only weapons do not. Also, the saves are hard locked so you will need the PS+ Cloud to back them up.

Hard locked? What do you mean?

Since your saves have been corrupted, I'd delete all of them and start over, only this time don't use the duping glitch as that only increases your chances of the Auto Save screwing up and corrupting your save(s) :(. The last update made it so if your save does corrupt it will attempt to repair it but more often then not you will lose a lot of stuff in the process

My advice is to delete your saves, start over and make frequent backups to the Cloud.

I think I know what caused it.

I may have ended the game (from ps button, menu game > end game (not turning my ps3 off) when it may be still saving in the menu. I always quit the game to the menu, and I always wait till the red flashing thingy in the top right corner is really gone for sure, then I quit. But I may have ended the game not good there. It probably was still saving. That may explain why my character is still there and not my stats.

I should look out for that really good and I do that now.

Do you think that is the case?

Is anybody still having Co Op issues or know anything i could do? I opened ports set it up wired connection and I've still been having issues connecting with a friend? Please idk if im even in the right forum spot but if anyone has any info that can help me out I'd appreciate it:confused:

• 2 weeks later...