XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
iDadio

Default Online refuses to work

Hey all, my online will not work at all. On release i played fine but lately I just cant join anyone or freinds join me. Normally I start up dead island and if i go to single player, it says connected but no games show in game lobby, if I quit to main and reload the game lobby is greyed out. As for connecting to freinds it goes to joining screen but then im alone once its loaded? router and ps3 restarts dont help and my ps3 is in dmz also just to make sure, dont get why it used to work and now it just suddenly doesnt? tried it with around 7 other people who couldnt connect either but sometimes could to each other?

Any help appreciated.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Unfortunately, that's what Dead Island is like. The online is one of the most ridiculously unstable things I've ever seen in a game. I noticed that when I was searching for games, nothing would come up if it didn't say "refreshing games." If it did, I had around 3 seconds where everything was white and I could join. So I had to quickly scroll down and hit join before it greyed out. Not the most practical solution I admit, but it's the only thing that worked for me.

Also, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that Dead Island doesn't have any servers. The online is powered by a wishing well.

Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
iRexi0nZ

I know the online it been like that for a few days i've try to join my friend invites and that thing keeps happen like youre not able to pick game lobby so i figured out this and its working for me every time i do it i just go back to my XMB, sign off than go make a connection test wait till everything is upload than sign on start the game don't join any invites till u load your own saved game than feel free to join i hope this work for u guys if is not
iRexi0nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Spectra Shadow

Yeah also, my friend and I will get DC most of the times>.< it's pretty annoying tbh. Game freezes happened alot too my friend and sometimes me too in coop.

Ninja Darkovia
Spectra Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Joose10

i can never play in co-op with others unless i get in the game
Joose10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
Rainake

What i do to make it work is when i'm in game and i can't find any servers or others players to be more precise (including not being able to join a friends game from their invites) is:

1) Opening my XMB (using the PS button on your controller) without exiting the game and sign of from psn (Triangle on the accountmanagement icon and then sign off).
2) The game will give you a notice that you're not connected to psn. Exit your XMB (by pressing your PS button on your controller again) and press X if you see the message from the game so you'll reconnect to psn.
3) Wait a few moments wich can expand to a minute.
4) See if you can click on Game Lobby again (Pause Menu) and if the game finds any players or servers. If it doesn't find any servers or players, then the invites won't work either.
5) Either enjoy the coop play or start again from step 1...

This is how it works for me... Sometimes I even have to reboot my PS3 to make it work...

Let me know how it works with you

Greets
Rainake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
Lu81NL

This game needs a patch!!! It's crazy!
Lu81NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
Rainake

I've received a mail from support with this answer:

Dear Customer,

thank you for your inquiry.

We are aware of the fact that you are not the only one having problems playing
multiplayer at the moment but we haven't received any information from
production on what to do or where these problems stem from.

Apparently there will be another patch for PS3, but no idea when it'll be
released or which issues it will address. But maybe these problems can also be
fixed by changing some of the server settings on our side, maybe it doesn't
need to be fixed through a patch.
Have you opened your public slots by the way?
Rainake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
iNSaNey

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainake View Post
I've received a mail from support with this answer:

Dear Customer,

thank you for your inquiry.

We are aware of the fact that you are not the only one having problems playing
multiplayer at the moment but we haven't received any information from
production on what to do or where these problems stem from.

Apparently there will be another patch for PS3, but no idea when it'll be
released or which issues it will address. But maybe these problems can also be
fixed by changing some of the server settings on our side, maybe it doesn't
need to be fixed through a patch.
Have you opened your public slots by the way?
All I can say is Meh! ..... I played without issues for 2-3 days with friends and then it just wouldn't connect, not over LAN or PSN. Spent 2-3 hours trying every option known to man to get it to work

I've since found that if we all have the same settings exactly and use PSN it works most of the time. LAN seems to hardly ever see the other games. Another thing I've noticed is that the setting don't always take. I resorted to restarting all the PS3's between setting changes.

When it comes down to it the game is buggy in general, which I can take as it is rather fun. The multi-player glitches are just beyond annoying though, lets just hope they fix them soon (the game locks up a lot).
iNSaNey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
ultimarevan

this games been out for what? 2 months almost? Its ridiculous the lack of support to fix problems like this, All i need to plat this is the fukin originality trophy, Been trying for a week straight to get it!!! So frustrating

"Insert Witty Comment Here"

Blank Friend Request's will be Ignored.....Probably

||My 's||

AC:2, AC:Revelations, Brink, Borderlands/2,Dark Void,Dead Island, EDF, Fallout 3, Fallout NV,Mass Effect 3, Medal Of Honour, MW2,MW3, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Armageddon, Resident Evil 5, Saint's Row 3,Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 WWE 2010, WWE 2011, WWE Legends of Wrestlemania
ultimarevan is offline   Reply With Quote