Get to LEVEL 50 FAST

DISCOKING

this is better than duplllicating weapons and selling for oleander (a very slow a tedious method)

i was level 50 when making this video so dont worry you will get more xp than me. when i was doin oleander i stopped to do this and was getting over 600xp per punch on the thug. this also works on regular zombies i got about 15-20 xp for doing this to a "normal" zombie but if you join a friends game with higher rank yu'll get more. anywasy the video says it all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkEFrd_pTzs]Dead island level 50 quick - YouTube[/ame]

Actually this is easiest on the "Make yourself at home" quest in Act1 since the thug doesn't do anything.. you can continue to lash out at the broken parts get xp and reload last checkpoint when he dies since the xp you earned never goes away.

earned my last 120 000xp needed to hit lvl50 in 30-40min :applause:

Edited by b0shey

Sorry, what exactly do you do? How do you manage not to kill thug by 2-4 hits?

Buy or find a pair of brass knuckles wear them out so they have no power left, then lash out at the thug you will eventually break his limbs (arms) then continue to lash out at the place where the limbs are broken it will give you a certain amout of xp per hit (i got between 418-600 per hit) and when the thug died i restarted last checkpoint to respaw on the outside with the xp in place.

it needs to be done on "Make yourself at home" quest in Act1 as it is the only place i know that restarts you at the same point. hope it helped

Actually this is easiest on the "Make yourself at home" quest in Act1 since the thug doesn't do anything.. you can continue to lash out at the broken parts get xp and reload last checkpoint when he dies since the xp you earned never goes away.

earned my last 120 000xp needed to hit lvl50 in 30-40min :applause:

This is what I ended up doing to get my last 3 levels. I was planning on playing through the game until I hit 50, but with everyone talking about corrupted save data I just wanted to get this out of the way ASAP. I didn't want to risk losing a level 49 character to corrupted save data. I would have raged hard. :p

I only get 344xp per hit so I'll rather sell oleanders (will duplicate my skull weapon that's worth of 4k).

You might have been hitting A low level thug try hitting a higher level thug as they give off 400-600 xp. If you join a higher level xp friends game thugs will give off thousands of xp and regular walker zombies will give off hundreds of xp. Using the glove let's you do this to any thug any where at any time and doesn't matter what mission you are in and you don't have to constantly reload and save

Has anyone got to leve 50 legitimately yet? Serious question.:confused:

I'm sure people have. I was about to though. 2 levels away then whoops! Save corrupted! /trollface

I actually don't feel guilty about using this exploit/glitch since the developers of this game have failed to fix this crap. No one even has the trophy for "There And Back Again" yet! (As far as I know) Meh.

I've lost my favorite weapons but now that I'm level 50, all I need are some diamonds and my Short Circuit Zed's Demise.

Edited by Bearing

Hey there babeh :> wanna check out my big non artificial muscles :>

I'll be honest, i'm tempted to do both oleandars and xp glitches but didn't really do it. I spent my time 1-3 hours everyday chaining rage combos in the town center in moresby. it's pretty demanding, i lose more than i earn. So i spend some fraction of that time repairing my stuff(still not duping :whistle:).

And i thought of this wayyy back and it proved unsucessful because freaking thugs love kissing you all the time. I just grind it out at hotel entrance+get some really nice brass knuckles and oranges along the way.

You can go to the front of the hotel, if you did that quest already then it is even better, because there will be 2 thugs you can kill one and save one to do this trick. When you kill the thug go inside the hotel and immediately go back outside and two thugs will spawn outside again, so you can do the trick again. I'm using Sam B and I have the bone breaker skill maxed out (x4 xp for breaking bones) and I get 1400xp for every punch that hits the broken bone.

My brother Is almost there on his first playthrough, he's playing as Purna who has 150 % experience for kills upgrade in her survival tree. He hasn't even got to the last area yet and is already level 45.

Using Sam B will give you the best results for this trick as one of his nodes in the survival tree gives 4 X exp for breaking limbs at the 3rd level.

I can only see the oleander trick to be...."dirty" as you need to dupe weapons to get enough money to keep buying them. The Thug method is NOT dirty as it is a way like in all RPG's to grind out levels to become stronger or strong enough for the next section of the game. So if you are killing enemies and gaining experience whether they strike back or not "enemies idiot AI problem" and getting the extra xp from wacking broken limbs is 100% legit to me. Just my $0.02

Hey everyone, Arrrk over at Xbox360A found an even better way to get some fast XP on thugs. Check it out.

I have just discovered what could be the greatest weapon in Dead Island, and if someone could confirm that this is the same for everyone, it would be great (Yes, I'm aware random loot is random but...).

This requires you to start the mission Blood Ties where you have to rescue Kwan's brother.

Enter the Abandoned house and fight your way to Cho. Lying next to him (for me) was a Baseball Bat. It had the following stats:

Damage 20

Force 0

Durability 20

Handling 120

Now, if I'm right, I'm sure many people will have taken one look at it and dismissed it right off the bat (pun totally intended). However, something about it caught my eye: 120 handling. Fists have 100 handling, and I assumed this to be the max.

I picked up this weapon and equipped it, to find not only did it swing incredibly fast, but it requires no stamina to do so.

"How will this net me fast EXP?" I hear you cry, well if you do the "Thug Method", and combine it with this weapon, not only will you be hitting faster and hitting more, but you'll not have to wait for your stamina to refill to do it all over again.

The Baseball bat, when broken does 2 points of damage to a level 30 Thug. I gained 10 levels in as many minutes testing this, so it does work.

Someone just needs to confirm that this is the same weapon in everyone's game. I'm assuming it isn't random as it's not from a chest, or reward, and strangely, it cannot be upgraded or modded in any way.

All cred to Arrrk.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but for me I always aim for the shoulder. I find that when I aim for the shoulder i get xp for EVERY punch, instead of once every few punches. Makes it go by a lot quicker. Could be just my game, but it helped me.