Having Issues with Dead Island? Post Here

Johnny Bananas

This thread is for discussing any problems within the game from the save game issue, online problems, lost stats, miscellaneous glitches, etc. I will also link to a few existing threads that talk about the issues at hand. Please check them out before starting your game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-island/123979-fucking-patch-deleted-all-my-stats.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-island/123592-trophies-not-unlocking.html

If you have a CONFIRMED work around or solution(s) to any of the issues stated, please let me know either by PMing me or posting in this thread.

So far, the following threads have a possible solution to an issue.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-island/124210-save-glitch-explained-solution.html

If you see a thread where people are having certain problems, please report that thread so a Moderator can direct them to the appropriate thread.

Thanks.

NOTE: This thread isn't to ask about certain gameplay objectives or trophies.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha....nice sxyrxy.

Anyways, the issue I am having is that I cannot seem to join any games from the lobby or even when a player is close to me. Yes, I have no patch, but the only reason I deleted it was to see if it was the issue, but no longer able to download it.

Summary cannot join online games.

Downloaded patch update 1.01, it reset all my stats back to 0. Then the trophy swing then sticks glitched, it unlocked in game but not on the system. I then deleted the game data and it reset all my stats back to 0 again. Now my question is why would the stats be tied to the game data and not the save data.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/FuzziEzra.png

While i was doing sidequest "Third Head of Cerberus", game started glitching. Now there are infinite number of Infected spawns. When i kill initial ones, after about 5-10 seconds new ones come after me even if the area is not a spawn point for any Infected. It became really frustrating because now i keep dying thanks to these bastards and guess what, it respawns me right next to those that killed me 8 seconds ago. To make matters worse, they instantly climb to high areas like the ones reachable with a ladder.

Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? I don't want to start from the beginning.

Edited by neosnake101

for some reason it will not offer for me to download the patch now, It first offered me to download the patch but i declined it cuz i didnt want it to erase my stats for a few of the trophies, but now that i have finished said trophies and i want the patch, it wont let me download it.

also, i have experienced problems with saves and also numerous trophies not unlocking, I have had success getting every trophy that glitched on me by quitting immediately and loading back up the game and redoing the trophy.

I can't join EU games (I'm US), trophies is not unlocking in Single player and it doesn't save - put in 4 hours for level 10 to 17 and when i quit the game, i went straight to new game to my save games and it listed it as level 17 as it should, but when I want to continue hours later it was now a level 13 character. I played co-op with a buddy on friday and everything worked fine, trophies unlocking ect.

After reading all these people complaining about this save and challenge/trophies issues, I started up the game then it ask me to install a patch 1.01 or something like that.. anyway I did back then the game started... but couldn't connect to psn but at least everything was intact and no challenge stats dissapeared.

Now every time I start the game it doesn't ask me to download the patch and I still remain connected to psn.. no stats loss no glitches (minors one that doesnt even need to be mentioned)

So I think that they removed the patch to work again on it and fix it up.. I'm pretty sure they will update an other patch next week to bring back everything to normal as it never occurs.

Give them a chance though, this game must have been hard to set up.. nothing compared to call of nooby. Anyway have faith guys.. have faith...

OMG !

my game reverted AGAIN!

Oh yes my game is patched, but it still reverted.

You see the first time it happen i lost 2 lv and 2 hours,disappointing but redoable.

But...now...NOW it is 8 lv lost ! EIGHT !!!! and i lost more than 2 hours for sure and i have to re explore the entire city that i had previously explored 3/4 of it.

They should market this game like League of legend where it is part of the gameplay to start lv 1 at each start of the game.It would be more acceptable.

Why did i buy a game made by the same guys that did Call of Juarez: Cartel ?

...why....

Edited by shin777

Cannot even access the Game Lobby now, is that broken too. I tried deleting/making a new character, restarting system, and made sure that PSN was set to Co-op and not LAN. Hmmmm.....really wanting a new unbroken patch now more than ever.

Oh...I am signed in to PSN.

I think Sony yanked the patch. It autodownloaded for me Thursday, and it screwed up my stats. I deleted my game data and it fixed my stats, and there is no option to patch when it boots up like most games do. Not quite sure how that test got tested and uploaded.

At least 360 users were lucky, MS hadn't certified the patch yet.

I've shelved this game until (or should I say if) these issues are fixed. It's a real shame, because I wanted to have a good co-op session this weekend. I know it's been said before, but it is pretty poor to release a game without proper testing like this. One or two problems at launch is fine, but come on now, 37? :rolleyes:

Wth XD

im playing the game without Game data installed ! XD

How is this possible !

I tried to regain my lost stats by deleting the game data to get rid of the patch but the only thing it deleted is the ripper mod :| LoL

Where is the Real Game Data ? I can still continue my game with the Game data deleted, it is so wierd !

That game is a complete mess xD

I am having an issue that whenever I make a deo bomb it does not appear in my inventory. After a little while my molotov's stopped showing up as well. But the items I use to make them still get removed from my inventory. Oh and I havent been able to get online with anyone yet either.

the patch does naff all to help the save glitch, what i have found is that if you leave the game inactive for long periods. the game will not save and trophies will not pop. it has happened 2 days in a row now where i have left the game inactive for a few hours, came back and no saving.

Has anyone reached level 50 and not have the trophy unlock. Im wondering this because since the patch ive had to redo chapter 1 with characters that ive finished chapter 1 with before for the Right 4 Life trophy. Ive already beat the game and im at 39 right now I just hope I dont get to 50 and no torphy.

the weirdest thing just happened to me o__O

I click on continue... i appear in a odd room with the shadow on the ceiling fan, then i realized i am in a apartment.....wierd i saved in the church .

I got teleported to my sidequest location !

Mugabe apartment lol !

That is my first useful glitch i encounter so far XD

i've used the storage a few times where i've exited and i've lost the items that i wanted to take out...also have a friend who used the storage and lost ALL of his weapons.

something happens with the repair table as well...i create a new weapon and when i exit the table it's gone...i suspect that if your inventory is full when you create a new weapon, the new weapon will dispaaperar..like the game needs a free slot to put the modified weapon in...not too sure tho just a theory.