just about to play the game for the 1st time.do i?

lee10561

ok i have been following this games forum threads and have read about loads of issue ,bugs & glitches etc, & to be honest im struggling to take it all in with the solutions people are offering and if they work and so on...

basically im about to switch the game on im guessing it will prompt for the patch update which i will accept & what i want to know is now to play the game hopefully bug free what shud i do?? (also im going to play solo for now) am i right in thinking the default setting is LAN so leave tht alone?? anything else?

ok i have been following this games forum threads and have read about loads of issue ,bugs & glitches etc, & to be honest im struggling to take it all in with the solutions people are offering and if they work and so on...

basically im about to switch the game on im guessing it will prompt for the patch update which i will accept & what i want to know is now to play the game hopefully bug free what shud i do?? (also im going to play solo for now) am i right in thinking the default setting is LAN so leave tht alone?? anything else?

Keeping the game set to LAN will keep you bug free.

See this thread if you're wanting to venture online - it covers the symptoms of the save glitch if you encounter it online.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-island/124210-save-glitch-explained-solution.html

nice 1 dude so basically load game,install patch dont touch any settings and just start game and all shud be fine? (i also seen an option about tht lan or network etting,saying co op or something whats tht?)

If you're not signed into PSN, LAN is default. Just make sure you are set to Co-Op LAN in the options menu.

As I mentioned above you CAN venture online if you choose, just stay vigilant to the symptoms explained in the above thread, and if you experience them, immediately quit to XMB and reload.

thanx for advice ill leave online alone til the fix is released,so if im signed in and start up the game will the default setting be LAN or PSNetwork?,am i ok just to be signed in start game and play and dont touch anything? (lol sorry to sound a pain,im just dying to play game but dont want it get buggy)

thanx for advice ill leave online alone til the fix is released,so if im signed in and start up the game will the default setting be LAN or PSNetwork?,am i ok just to be signed in start game and play and dont touch anything? (lol sorry to sound a pain,im just dying to play game but dont want it get buggy)

Making sure your game is set to LAN in the options is the main thing. Don't worry about being signed in then having to sign out, just change it to LAN before starting in the options menu.

ok thanx for your help, just wondering when you use weapons and they break do you keep hold of them in ur inventry and just fix them wen you get chance so you dont have to collect the bits again or do you still need to collect the bits to fix them? is this also the same for the special ones you get from the skulls?

ok thanx for your help, just wondering when you use weapons and they break do you keep hold of them in ur inventry and just fix them wen you get chance so you dont have to collect the bits again or do you still need to collect the bits to fix them? is this also the same for the special ones you get from the skulls?

To repair weapons you simply need to have sufficient money and repair them at any workbench; you do not need any 'parts' to repair weapons.

The 'parts' (magnets, bleach etc. etc.) are for making mod'd weapons using blueprints you find and unlock. These items don't take up any inventory space so you should grab as much of these pickups as possible.

Keep in mind that the worse condition a weapon is in, the less damage etc. it does so you want to be switching weapons until you can repair them back to 100%

and once you have made a mod'd weapon all you need to do is repair when it breaks but you always keep it?

To my knowledge, all weapons that break in your hand get thrown away for good. It'd be up to you to put it away and save it to be repaired later before that happens.

Duping pretty much makes this a non issue assuming you want to go that route