Game not saving my progress is getting on my tits

KinGLee_uk

Wtf is up with this game the patch fucks your stats so i decided to start a new game, played for a few hours, i also done the quick travel and loaded last checkpoint.

come back to the game today and the save went from 2hrs 45 to 1hr, starting to get on my tits, this is the 4th time its done it too me, why did they not implement a save system this is wank.

To save a game you need to exit the game. It works on missions and just exploring.

Not always. I was doing a mission and found one of the rare colored skulls. I progressed through the mission some more and it finally told me the game had saved and I waited for the bio-hazard symbol to disappear as well. I quit to the main menu and when I went back to the game, I had been reset back a few rooms and I no longer had the colored skull. Even worse, the skull wasn't in the same location it was last time, so now I got screwed out of that!

They simply just need to add a manual save option or something.

This is ACTUALLY whats hapened to me now, im in the game as i write this and no matter how much times i fast travel no save icon is showing, all its saying is 'checkpoint'

What your saying is if i quit out of this game from the start button and presing triangle to the main menu that it WILL save?!

Because if thats the case im gonna try now, if it dont work 2hrs has gone down the drain again (3rd time)

Here i go......

This is ACTUALLY whats hapened to me now, im in the game as i write this and no matter how much times i fast travel no save icon is showing, all its saying is 'checkpoint'

What your saying is if i quit out of this game from the start button and presing triangle to the main menu that it WILL save?!

Because if thats the case im gonna try now, if it dont work 2hrs has gone down the drain again (3rd time)

Here i go......

The game only seems to save when it wants to. You can wait for a notification to say the game has saved, but even then it doesn't mean it actually worked.

Even when it does save correctly, sometimes when you load it up again, it takes you to a previous save for whatever reason. It's totally screwed up. There's really nothing you can do.

I`m not the owner of this game yet (I`m still waiting for my copy) but I read on another forum that You can change "style of fighting" (???) in menu---option from analog to digital and this way THE GAME PROGRESS SAVE ALL THE TIME. After that You can change this option back as well...

I hope it helps.

Well, if this is true, then I guess my game is proof. I haven't played with analog controls, and I have had no problems. I've had my game save literally 5 seconds after the last save just while I'm walking around. Although, it seems that this would be a wierd thing that would fix a saving glitch, I guess anything is possible.

EDIT: Maybe someone should start a poll to see if this is a viable possibility.

Edited by joshwith

The game only seems to save when it wants to. You can wait for a notification to say the game has saved, but even then it doesn't mean it actually worked.

Even when it does save correctly, sometimes when you load it up again, it takes you to a previous save for whatever reason. It's totally screwed up. There's really nothing you can do.

I exited the game like i said i would in my previous post above and when i selected "PLAY" on the main menu low and behold my save file was there stating time 16:17 (the time i exited to the main menu) so i selected it and it started me where i left off, only that there is still no save icon showing up, so the propper test is to exit out of the game entirely to see if it really did save.

Im gonna do it now.. wish me luck. be back in 2mins to reply on the process....

EDIT:

Yep. i can official claim that this game is BADLY designed. didnt save AT ALL, which means i have to do born to be wild AGAIN!!!!!

FUCK!.... i cant believe im gonna say this but... i give up. Gonna trade it in for R3.

Edited by KAP

I`m not the owner of this game yet (I`m still waiting for my copy) but I read on another forum that You can change "style of fighting" (???) in menu---option from analog to digital and this way THE GAME PROGRESS SAVE ALL THE TIME. After that You can change this option back as well...

I hope it helps.

Does not work at all. Played 4 hours yesterday, changed to analog, return to game, changed back to difital, quit the game to menu and turn off PS3. This morning I was 2hours back and several done quest were not done anymore :think:

Guys why the fuck aren't you getting this? If the HDD indicator does not flash when it says Game Saved, that means it isn't saving and you're going to lose that progress! Pay attention to if it's doing this and if it stops you'll lose a lot less time!

Exactly this people. If you don't see the red biohazard indicator in the top right corner when the game says "Game Saved" or "Checkpoint" then your game didn't save.

Every time that I have not seen it (biohazard indicator) I immediately quit the game and restart it and sure enough I've been set back a few minutes. Since I pay attention to it I never lose more than a few minutes now, better than a few hours.

Ok so here is a thought... When i first started the campaign it was on co-op Lan. So around chapter 3 i encountered the save glitch... The online bar was set to single player at that time, after that i changed it to online PS Network and the game still wouldnt save. I got mad and turned my Ps3 off. A few hours later i got on again and before i started i changed it to online again and instead of putting in on PS Network i put it on LAN and to my amazement it was actually saving.

So could it be that whatever you started your game on is when it saves properly? Maybe the game has trouble saving wehen you change over from co-op to single player? Can anyone else confirm this?

BTW: This game is REALLY fun and addicting when it works properly, so dont give up hope.

EDIT: Didnt see the post at the top of the page but that is the same circumstances for me and it is working fine now:)

Edited by copperghost23

Honestly, I don't know what the thing is about not saving with you guys. My game has saved every single time even after the patch, but that could also be because I level up at least once before turning the game off.

Hopefully they fix this issue for the people who are having it.

Have you ever changed the online section in options since you started the game?

The guys over here I THINK I just fixed my save glitch. - Dead Island - GameSpot Forums seem to think that if you leave the online portion set to LAN, and not connected to the network, and only play single-player, everything should work.

I did exactly what that thread said to do and I have yet to experience the game not saving when it should, so hopefully it's a temporary fix.

This game is really starting to piss me off. For startet I cannot join anyone game, even when it gives me the option and now there is a save glitch that I have to worry about. Wow I have played some bad games in the pass but this is ridiculous.

Hell not even Advent Rising on the Original Xbox was this glitchy, well maybe it was but I still manage to beat it.