about this saved bug and stats....

Linxleader

this is what has been said by quicksilver or techland...... >The version of Dead Island on Steam is now the right one and none of this affects the console versions of the game<

Well that makes fucking sense when ps3 patch is bugged and my stats and trophies i was working towards have been reset to 0000000000.......

Coming from someone never encounters glitched trophies etc I'm running into them everywhere in dead island, this evening I even put about 5hrs in only to realise it didn't save at all!!!

This game is seriously damaged in so many ways that I'm in two minds to trade it in for resistance 3 now.

Is there ANY quick fixes to this or is it just broke?

Coming from someone never encounters glitched trophies etc I'm running into them everywhere in dead island, this evening I even put about 5hrs in only to realise it didn't save at all!!!

This game is seriously damaged in so many ways that I'm in two minds to trade it in for resistance 3 now.

Just make sure the HDD indicator blinks when it says game saved. That's all you can really do right now.

Same thing happened to me a couple days back. I've been doing what Cornagandarub said and paying close attention to the HDD indicator. I haven't had a problem since. It does make you kinda paranoid though.

I seriously hope that they put their shit together.. ok techland are a new bunch of devs and they may have forgot some issues.. but missing saving issues, freezing, stats reset to 0 due to a patch.. I mean.. COME ON!! Push the game 3 months further to keep fixing those pain in the ass instead of trying to get pushed to a stupid release date..

Only Activision release each year a COD to a due date and we all know what it gives us..

Now before the serious shit hits the fan, Techland, Please Devs put your shits together and give us a reason to buy more games from you, otherwise SCREW YOU!

The HDD indicator is the biohazard symbol at the top right?

That is correct.

Dead Island is from the retarded developers of the broken "Call of Juarez: The Cartel", so what do people expect??

AVOID ANY FUTURE TECHLAND GAME!!! DONT SUPPORT THESE MORONS!!!

Except Dead Island is truly awesome, it's just riddled with bugs which are going to be/have been patched depending where you live. The sacrifice of saved data really sucks, but at least the game should be fixed now. At least all my friends who are planning on getting the game but haven't yet don't have to deal with that lost progress.

That is correct.

Except Dead Island is truly awesome, it's just riddled with bugs which are going to be/have been patched depending where you live. The sacrifice of saved data really sucks, but at least the game should be fixed now. At least all my friends who are planning on getting the game but haven't yet don't have to deal with that lost progress.

It doesn't really mean anything if you can't progress, It's like playing a ps2 game without a memory card. I agree with you(read some other posts) that the core gameplay is great, But when I buy a game and can't play it due to major issues: it's frustrating and I don't think any consumer should be asked to wait it out.

On topic. I read on the official dead island forum that the patch didn't work for people outside NA, can anyone confirm ? Regarding the save issue. Also any news about when NA is getting the patch ? Not currently home.

I think it says something about the state of video games when 2 out of the 3 games I bought this week have issues crippling single player and multiplayer. I completely regret buying Dead Island, it's beauty and charm overwhelmed me :rofl: . I know the game is good when you remove the bugs, but that's not the current state.

when do you think the bug will be fixed....

because I have played 3 characters so far, I got all 3 to chapter 2

the firts character I used saved fine, but when I played with 2 other characters, before I turned off my PS3, it had them at chapter 2 but when I loaded it about 10 minutes ago, I find out two out the 2 characters I just did are back on chapter 1....

this really sucks.... I was doing so well on the 3rd character too.....

god dammit... I want to play it.. but... with this shit... there no point.... it makes me just want to return the fucking game!

if this bug is fixed... do you think people will get back what they had.. because I really don't want to have to play both character again.... and go round looting again... making my weapons again.... walking around the map again...

what a fucking joke..... it put me in a really bad mood...

Edited by xSkeithx