Game Didn't Save My Progress

darklingpersona

So I quit playing a co-op game with some friends and decided to make a separate character to play on my own so I don't outlevel them. I played for about 2 hours, and saw that I should have earned a trophy, but it didn't pop.

So, I decided to quit the game and restart it thinking that might make it pop. When I selected "Quit Game" it reset my PS3. Hmm, okay whatever. I started it up again and the game itself. The character I had played for a couple of hours is nowhere to be found, only the one I was playing co-op with is there. Even the trophy progress had reverted back to what it was when I was playing co-op. I made sure to see "Game Saved" before quitting the game too, didn't matter I guess.

Frustrating. Anyone else have this happen to them, yet?

This is really getting ridiculous. It's happened to me about three times now where if I restart the game, I'm set back two chapters. This didn't happen to me at all yesterday and it's getting on my nerves. What's the point in making progress if you're going to lose most of it? It really bugs me that an open world RPG like this doesn't feature a manual save option. It's not even the trophy progress that bothers me either, it's the fact that all the cool weapons I picked up along the way are now gone and I have to hope I can find them again.

EDIT: Okay, so after waiting awhile I tried to pick the game back up and play some more. After realizing that the game wasn't saving if the trophy didn't unlock, I've determined the only thing you can do now is pay attention to when it says "Game Saved" make sure the saving icon appears in the top right corner as well. Thankfully the game does this quite often so you shouldn't lose too much progress if it starts to forget to save. If it does forget, you'll just have to restart and hope it works. This NEEDS a patch soon.

Edited by Cornagandarub

I got to chapter 8 and played for awhile in the chapter,just got out of the sewers going back to the church,got there and talked to the nun,and decided to call it a night.I accepted a quest from her and saw the saving game come up on the bottom corner of the screen,after that went off i quit and decided to look at my trophies and noticed alot of them didn't pop up,so I came here and noticed some other people were having the same problem,I read that if you delete your game data that it would fix it,so i did,went to restart,and just like i said I deleted my game data not my game saves,went to restart the game and continue from where i left off and it put me all the way back to chapter 2,I'm sooo ticked off.It's hard knowing this is happing and to have to go all through that again,I mean yes I was planning on playing it more then once to get all the trophies,but to keep having to do this will drive me crazy.

For coop, as far as I'm informed, only main quest progress get's saved for everyone. (or maybe not even that.) In general, this is a known and very annoying issue by now, so I hope the patch solves it.

What irritates me the most are the people who claim we're just doing it wrong. How do you auto-save wrongly?

Are the problems regarding losing progress occuring only in Single Player, or Co-Op as well?

That's a good observation and question. I played strictly online co-op from the moment I got the game Chapters 1-9 and the gave saved fine, but soon as I went to play solo mode I got my first save glitched and got set back a couple hours after quitting.

I will try playing single player to do side quests (because most people just rush through the main story) and when I'm ready to quit I'll jump in a co-op game real quick to let it auto save and see if that prevents the save glitch.

So I started a new character (again) last night and went about playing. Every time that I would do a quest or two and the game saved, I would select the "Load Last Checkpoint" option to make sure it did in fact save. I did this the entire night, and I didn't seem to have any problems. I was able to nab a few trophies, when the game said I got them, they popped, that was good to see. So, I'm not sure "Load Last Checkpoint" is a good way of telling the game really saved, but that's just what I experienced.

yea this is annoying, im afraid to play my game hahah. best advice i can give which is what im going to do when i get home, is when you know its saved and everything is fine ( you quit game and start back up and loads you where you left off) quit the game and back up the save files onto a usb. and then resume playing, so if for any reason it corrupts or takes you back to an older file, then you just delete them all and transfer from usb. seems like a hassle but its the best i can come up with

For me, I quit the game, loaded back up, and was where I left it, I then proceeded to reset my ps3, come back and now I'm back at the start of the game. Enjoy the game, but my god, did they not test this at all.

That's pretty much it. This game was announced five years ago. Development was rumored to have been halted at various points and even thought to of been canceled completely. Once they found a publisher for the game, I think they just rushed the product to the market. Especially since the upcoming months are going to get rather busy. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but there's just way too many glitches and bugs. If they can get this patched correctly, and soon, it will be a blast to play!

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, I have successfully test the save glitch and patch 1.1 glitch that wipe out your progress and came up with a 100% solution.I have finish the game twice without patch when I first bought and with patch 1.1 respectively, I didn't encounter any save glitch from the beginning till the end.I finished the game twice by connect my ps3 to internet and signed in to PSN as well but that's not important because I tested both method - connect to internet and signed in to PSN and totally offline my ps3.But for you to be on the SAFE SIDE, OFFLINE YOUR PS3.The very important trick to 100% solve the save glitch and progression wipe out method is YOU MUST GO TO OPTION ON THE MAIN MENU FOLLOWED BY ONLINE TAB AND SET IT TO LAN WHICH IS ACTUALLY THE DEFAULT SETTING WHEN YOU FIRST LAUNCHED YOUR GAME.I didn't encounter a single problem with this setting in no patch and patch 1.10 in my both playthrough from the start till the end of game.I'm 100% sure of it, it'll work for everyone.By using this method, you'll realize the game autosave very properly with the words "game saved" on my bottom left and "bio hazard logo" on your upper right eventhough during you quit your game.One more thing, quit your game the proper way which is press START and press TRIANGLE button to quit, if you quit with this method, you'll see the biohazard logo too EVERYTIME.Hope this help and many already knew.