Dead Island 3 (Deep Silver) (teased)

vava

is the first game uber crashy still? I remember crashing like crazy in the first game, not so often solo but A LOT online.

is it this way in the second?

I played the goty edition with absolutely no problems, I found that game really fun :)

I haven't played the second one so I can't help you there

is the first game uber crashy still? I remember crashing like crazy in the first game, not so often solo but A LOT online.

is it this way in the second?

The first game only crashed on me once and that was on an Autosave, the real problem is the incredibly unreliable online component and the fact at least 1 trophy is buggy as heck :(. I can't really comment on the second one as I haven't played it but I've heard it's a technical disaster.

The first game only crashed on me once and that was on an Autosave, the real problem is the incredibly unreliable online component and the fact at least 1 trophy is buggy as heck :(. I can't really comment on the second one as I haven't played it but I've heard it's a technical disaster.

I feel like I should finish up and platinum the first one... the only trophy i remember being bugged was the visit all locations bug.. but I though that was fixed in the first or second patch.

I feel like I should finish up and platinum the first one... the only trophy i remember being bugged was the visit all locations bug.. but I though that was fixed in the first or second patch.

It got fixed, so there's no glitched/buggy trophies anymore. Or are you talking about something else Terminator?

The 30 day trophy is bugged up to the eyeballs thanks to the 1.05 patch, it glitched on myself and several other people :(. Think "Dedication" from Crysis 2 and you'll have some idea of the frustration of not knowing when or if it will pop :(.

30 day trophy? you mean 'how many days exactly?'?

um.. there is a kinda easy work around for that.

delete game file, disconnect from the internet, start up the game a bit and play until you can save, quit the game, move the ps3's calendar ahead by 1 month. start game up, play your save. since you will be playing on the game unpatched it shouldn't be bugged.

if that's not the trophy you were talking about.. I'm unsure as i don't remember a trophy called 30 days.

"How many days exactly?" is the trophy I was trying think of but couldn't. I was trying to get it legit without using the System Clock exploit but ultimately I was forced to use it :(. The big problem was it didn't work initially and it took me ages to find a date that would pop the trophy, once it did pop I deleted this crap from my system and got rid of it.

"How many days exactly?" is the trophy I was trying think of but couldn't. I was trying to get it legit without using the System Clock exploit but ultimately I was forced to use it :(. The big problem was it didn't work initially and it took me ages to find a date that would pop the trophy, once it did pop I deleted this crap from my system and got rid of it.

unfortunately, when things are broke and they wont fix, a glitch or trick is the only way to get to the goal.

• 2 months later...

Hmm well, I hadn't had too much trouble with Dead Island 1 ... and i guess that after 100% completing Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim you won't be discouraged by Dead Island (2) quickly :D

you guys don't know what glitchy and laggy is if you haven't played those Bethesda games. Horrible, yet great.

The ''how many days'' thing trophy worked as well. It was about 1 month or so right? Not too bad and easily fixed with the clock settings yes.

I believe in Crysis 2 there is a trophy for about 1 year not playing ONLINE ... so you can't manipulate that trophy and you just have to hope it pops lol

Edited by Yokel

• 1 month later...
Hmm well, I hadn't had too much trouble with Dead Island 1 ... and i guess that after 100% completing Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim you won't be discouraged by Dead Island (2) quickly :D

you guys don't know what glitchy and laggy is if you haven't played those Bethesda games. Horrible, yet great.

The ''how many days'' thing trophy worked as well. It was about 1 month or so right? Not too bad and easily fixed with the clock settings yes.

I believe in Crysis 2 there is a trophy for about 1 year not playing ONLINE ... so you can't manipulate that trophy and you just have to hope it pops lol

Skyrim and "great" don't get along. Because Skyrim tries as hard as it can to be dysfunctional. As for Dead Island: Riptide...It's not groundbreaking. But, after going through 100% of the Skyrim trophies, Dead Island is by far, FAR more enjoyable. Sure some graphical glitches can be annoying, one made my laugh last night. I was playing as Xian; during a cutscene, her leg started going up backwards and eventually all the way through her in a constant circle...it was really weird...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So my buddy gave me and my brother dead island and dead island riptide, we got them like a few days ago and my brother installed both i believe and im guessing the patch as well must of installed, so am i ok or what? im only 3 hours into DI 1 and so far no issues. also is CO OP ok now as my headset will arrive either the 4th or the 9th and want to start CO OP soon and just dont want mass issues as im also working on GAT out of Hell and SR3 on the side.

only reason i ask is im playing on my hardcore psn id and i dont want to have too many uncompleted games on this name, Damn Trophies have made me into a addict so damn bad.

Edited by Mr Joker Mrs Quinn