Glitched collectible workaround

EDIT: ok i tried a new method i have not found posted and it worked for me. Start a new game and choose the charachter you have already been using in your playthrough with glitched collectibles, this will allow you to choose which chapter you want to start at saving hours of gameplay trying to reach henderson again for all areas to be unlocked.

You will start at around lvl 42 as i did with an empty inventory but most importantly you can recollected all collectibles as they are respawned. This allowed me to pick up the last collectibles i remembered getting and it popped my trophies and plat :dance:

Also my personal opinion is that if you have for eg the trophy for voice recordings its unlikely that a voice recording is glitched....i had trophies for voice and secret files but not island guides so i got all island guides and trophy popped leaving only post cards so i started collecting those and sure enough hoarder popped.

Hope this helps somebody

ok im stuck at 59/61 if i check hoarder in trophies, but my inventory shows every collectible there except island guides 16/17 so i know one glitched is an island guide, but i have no idea what the other is...

Ive noticed i can start new game with the same charachter and pick which chapter i wanna start at for eg chapter 12 so all areas are unlocked but nothing else except main quests are completed. I checked a location for a collectible and it was there so could i collect everything again this way to pop the trophy? or do i literally have to start a new game at level one with a different charachter all together?

Thanks

Edited by Creative Monsta
typing error

Edited:

Awesome, i did what you said, though instead of starting and loading my old save i started chapter 12 custom character. (When i loaded my old save no collectables were showing).

So basically started a "new" character from chapter 12. Just back tracked and picked up all the collectables, what would have taken me hours (5 - 8 easy) was completed with in 1 and a half hour (i re-picked up everything).

Thank you so much, you saved me so much headache from replaying it for this trophy :applause::dance:

Edited by LucaNatoli

Edited:

Awesome, i did what you said, though instead of starting and loading my old save i started chapter 12 custom character. (When i loaded my old save no collectables were showing).

So basically started a "new" character from chapter 12. Just back tracked and picked up all the collectables, what would have taken me hours (5 - 8 easy) was completed with in 1 and a half hour (i re-picked up everything).

Thank you so much, you saved me so much headache from replaying it for this trophy :applause::dance:

Really pleased this helped you. My bad for explaining badly but that is what i meant loading a new game but picking the same charachter for your game not loading your level 70 character :D

Really pleased this helped you. My bad for explaining badly but that is what i meant loading a new game but picking the same charachter for your game not loading your level 70 character :D

Nah it is cool, i worked it out pretty quicky it had to be a new save, and you saved me so much time. Thank you again for finding a workaround, i finally have my Platinum for this title :dance::dance:

Edited by LucaNatoli

Thanks for this info I thought when I saw that glitch that I would have to start over but I did what you said and I got my trophy on postcard #5 so glad I didn't have to go through all the collectibles again. Now the plat is within reach again.

Thanks again!:D

Edit: guess I have to rework my trophy card. d:?{( <=== sad mario

Edited by Elderich Flame
sig and trophy card maintenance

Will this custom chapter method work for glitched quests for Achiever trophy as well?

No, quests that are completed had seemed to be listed as completed. I do not know. Unless you know what one you are missing, then you can load to the chapter that you get it and try that way.

No, quests that are completed had seemed to be listed as completed. I do not know. Unless you know what one you are missing, then you can load to the chapter that you get it and try that way.

I tried it and it worked!

But u gotta know roughly where the glitched quests are. I had a save with 55 quests of 56 done (ie 1 glitch) and using that I wrote down all the 56 quests, then marked those in Henderson and Palanai, and separated them by Main, Side, Rescue and Deadzone.

Then I started a new game on a character that completed the campaign, allowing me to chapter select. I started at chapter 9 (with 37 skillpoints), and started to clear the Henderson sidequests one by one.

I hit Rescue Gianna after doing 3 other sidequests and the trophy popped!

So if your Achiever glitched, using Chapter Select to systematically redo the quests will work! :dance:

I tried it and it worked!

But u gotta know roughly where the glitched quests are. I had a save with 55 quests of 56 done (ie 1 glitch) and using that I wrote down all the 56 quests, then marked those in Henderson and Palanai, and separated them by Main, Side, Rescue and Deadzone.

Then I started a new game on a character that completed the campaign, allowing me to chapter select. I started at chapter 9 (with 37 skillpoints), and started to clear the Henderson sidequests one by one.

I hit Rescue Gianna after doing 3 other sidequests and the trophy popped!

So if your Achiever glitched, using Chapter Select to systematically redo the quests will work! :dance:

Really it worked did it, that is great :D

Maybe because you loaded from chapter 9, i loaded from chapter 12 and mine said they were all completed. Well at least it works. :dance:

Main surely, but side missions too?

Just checked and the team missions are at the start (from Level 1),

Started a new game (from Chapter 12 - New Purna - custom) and i could not remember 100%, because i deleted my old save that was used to get the glitched trophies.

Hmm, seems some are listed as completed and some aren't there, like not even started yet. Must be chapter wise which it lists them as completed? Not too sure unless my game is bugged as hell, which i would not be surprised :D

But seems if you load from Chapter 9, no side missions are listed as completed (tried this Chapter 9 Load too).

Then here is the funny thing, i loaded and started a new character from chapter 12 (Sam B) (i have x2 characters) and that one has NO side missions listed as completed from chapter 12, so i can back track and do them.

So in conclusion to my findings, my save is bugged (Purna). Seems you are correct, loading a new game clears the side missions as not completed, unless you have a save file like mine.

Ah u loading chapter select but instead of startinf a Custom character u chose to load existing character save (the last option)?

I chose Custom which resets everything. I tried chapter 8 and 9 both reset.

The side effect is team missions reset so those that start off as side missions eg help the doctor or the canned food lady get food from the beach, get reset too. This can be good or troublesome depending on what glitched.

EDIT:

Also my personal opinion is that if you have for eg the trophy for voice recordings its unlikely that a voice recording is glitched....i had trophies for voice, diaries, and secret files but not island guides so i got all island guides and trophy popped leaving only post cards so i started collecting those and sure enough hoarder popped.

Thanks

I don't think there is a separate trophy for diaries.

So, that means if you got the 3 trophies for Guide books, Secret files and Voice Recordings, you should just pickup the Postcards and Diaries?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the dreaded glitch for collectibles. Though I received the trophies for guides, recordings, and files, no diary or postcard would unlock this trophy for me.

Then I read on the sister site it's most likely Secret File 9. I figured what could I lose, and then I couldn't get to the quarantine zone in Henderson even though chapter 12 was unlocked. Luckily a co-op person was nearby trying to get in with the bulldozer. I helped him, then killed zombies for him...dropped out and went to the red cross tents to find Secret file 9.

Found it and the trophy unlocked. Go Figure...made my day.:)

So far, I have 1 glitched mission (from a possible 16 in Henderson) and 1 postcard/diary (if that's the other thing not counted) from the Jungle. The good thing about the collectible one is I noted everything down before I went on a mop up and counted it in. Loaded again the day after and one had dropped. So between 21 and 34 not including the main collectibles, I know what it is...and I think it is PC3 (was the last one I collected before exiting...same as the mission glitch; rescuing Gianna was the last one I did before exiting).

• 4 weeks later...

So... I'm wondering if this was coincidence. I had the 60/61 problem as well, but I received the trophies for Secret Files, Audio Tapes, and Island Files. This led me to the conclusion that the glitch was with either Postcards or Diaries.

I started using the method described in this thread. I got all diaries... nothing. I went through the Postcards, first clearing out Henderson, then clearing out the Jungle. Turns out, the glitched Postcard z(the one that popped the trophy and platinum) was the LAST one I checked in the Jungle. Now I'm wondering if it was coincidence, or if the game was actively f***ing with me.