Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Vyrastas

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Dead Island: Riptide. This thread has been created to discuss anything Dead Island: Riptide related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

I reckon it was one of the other survivors who turned into a zombie at the end and the others just bailed the boat or whatever. I read there's a dead island 2 coming to the next gen consoles which I'm sure will continue from this.

As the zombie washed up in the boat on another island it's bound to spread the infection there. Maybe it'll be set in Hawaii or something?

I dunno, maybe the reason they brought in John was because they were planning to kill off one of the characters, so they can maintain the four player coop later in the series. Probably one of them mutated from the mutagen, but the rest got off the boat somehow.

But I don't know, the zombie,in the boat didn't look too big. I think it would have turned out like a wrestler. So maybe Harry was right. Either way I don't see all of them dying. It was pretty obvious when they said that it wasn't a full sequel that there would be more dead island.

Still don't understand why they didn't just name this properly with the number two. It was a direct sequel to the first game. If they name the next one as number two, it's not going to make any sense. Three wouldn't really make sense either since there wasn't actually a two, but it would make more sense than naming the third one as the second. I know, it's confusing.

Like the first game, the story was pretty much the last thing on my mind while playing. For those of you really trying to dig deep and find answers, you might as well not waste your time. The story behind these games doesn't seem that deep and it's definitely not as deep as some people are thinking.

I think it was pretty obvious we were going to see more games from this series, but I wasn't really expecting such a cliffhanger ending to this game. For the next game, I can see the four characters from the first two games being like major zombie bosses or something. I wouldn't mind seeing four completely new characters with all-new abilities, that'd be nice.

I had to laugh at the end when you take the boat out and Serpo just stands there and gets mauled by zombies. He didn't even try to fight for his life. He could have easily climbed that fence. It's like they put no thought whatsoever into something that minuscule. That's basically the Dead Island story in a nutshell. Play the game and enjoy it for what it is, don't worry about the story. The only parts you'll remember are the very beginning and the very end. Even those you'll barely care about.

what a great game despite the minor bugs/glitches i've experienced, really liked the ending which leads to the next dead island if they go ahead with it.

To me it looks like the 5 immune survivors turned and attacked the rest of the survivors, and the next game there might be new characters.

What i really like about DI:R is they added some new weapons like Sniper Rifles, Nail Guns, Flare Guns, Stun Guns, Various Mines, The M72 LAW & the Harpoon which looks like a crossbow when upgraded with the shock mod:thumbsup:.

I don't know why so many people are giving this such a bad rating, it might just be personal preference. Overall I would give this 4/5:applause:, and hope the next DI is as good as this:bow:.

I agree with the possibility of them bringing John on board so one of the characters could be killed off.

I dunno, maybe the reason they brought in John was because they were planning to kill off one of the characters, so they can maintain the four player coop later in the series. Probably one of them mutated from the mutagen, but the rest got off the boat somehow.

But I don't know, the zombie,in the boat didn't look too big. I think it would have turned out like a wrestler. So maybe Harry was right. Either way I don't see all of them dying. It was pretty obvious when they said that it wasn't a full sequel that there would be more dead island.

Wouldn't really make sense for them to only kill off one of the characters, though. All of them are unstable because they all went through the same events. It's not like one character had a different story or something. It just wouldn't make sense to do that. Besides, how would they decide which one doesn't make it? Like I said, they all went through the same stuff. In a way, you'd be alienating the players who picked that character. They'd have to pick a new character while everyone else would get to continue as the character they had before. That would be a terrible idea.

I'm thinking that there's going to be an entirely new batch of characters. Why? Well, for one, it's simply time for new characters. The current characters have served their purpose and it's time to move on. Secondly, you can nearly max-out the entire set of skills for each character. With that said, there's no way we'll see a direct import option in the third game like we saw with this second title. Each character only has a few skills that are left after you hit the level cap, but that would only add a few extra levels to the game. Besides, who wants to use the same exact set of skills for three games? Plus, if you spent your skill points wisely, the last few remaining skills you have to unlock aren't even that great. If they are going to use the same characters, they absolutely need to change the skill trees and make them fresh. Although, if you change the skills for that character, it would be sort of odd. You're used to them playing a certain way and I believe it should stay that way. Let them be remembered for the skills they had, don't give them completely different ones. Give us new characters instead.

I think the only reason they brought a new character into this title was just to add something to the game. A new skill tree, basically. The four old characters had the exact same skill trees as the first game, they needed to add something to make it unique. It also gave players of the first game something new to toy around with if they were bored of the original characters.

Anyone expected more out of the ending, at least from the boss fight, i found it really easy, although i did like the cliffhanger of showing the empty boat making you wonder what happen to the crew. If they make another game they should make new characters and maybe have the old main characters as bosses. Also liked some of the new weapons, bosses/enemies (screamers were annoying), defend the tower quests (hope they bring back survival) as well as some new mods. Maybe even have a story mode that lets you make certain decisions that would have an impact later. Overall, I enjoyed this one as much as DI1, and wondering where they will take the story in the next game.

Still don't understand why they didn't just name this properly with the number two. It was a direct sequel to the first game. If they name the next one as number two, it's not going to make any sense. Three wouldn't really make sense either since there wasn't actually a two, but it would make more sense than naming the third one as the second. I know, it's confusing.

It's not confusing, you're right.

:D

What I expect: a Dead Island with the quality of a Far Cry 3... I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked how they showed what happened to those who stayed behind, being overrun in the end, puts a sad tinge to the ending.

My fav new addition were the the defence mechanic and the team upgrades.

Overall I too would like to see new characters but also a new setting. Dead City perhaps. TBH shooting humans was nearly as fun as cutting zombies up so I wouldn't mind going up against more of the Army and armed soldiers would fit in an urbanised setting like a city.

• 3 months later...

They didn't show what happened to everyone who stayed behind, the people who were still in that metal fenced yard weren't shown, or the one lady who was hiding in that small camp in the north western part of the map. or the one merchants who tried to use you.

also, I'm iffy about people being zombies on the boat at the end. why? because the latch o the cabin underneath turned before the credits rolled. zombies don't turn latches, they would just explode out.

• 2 months later...

So... finished it, and kinda enjoyed the story, far more than that of the first one, as it's a little more fleshed out. There's a nice B-movie feel to it, without being a parody (still, not sure if it was on purpose XD). Playing Sam "potty mouth" B was pretty funny too.

And it's not titled Dead Island 2 because it's more like an add-on. Assassin's creed did the same with the ezio trilogy, even though they were direct sequels. I think it's a rather honest move from the editor, as you know from the start it's not a brand new game.