Is this game worth it?

Sociallly

You get your money's worth because it is a BIG game. If you don't like platformers though, don't bother. If you are still not sure just rent it.

Quick question, where are they selling this for $60? Brand new it is only $49.99 and Amazon has already started reducing the price. Wait another month and you can probably get it for $29.99 which equals a dollar per hour of gameplay. Pretty good bang for your entertainment buck.

Edited by Scrapdaddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really worth it. I bought it at Costco for $16AUD. It was a frustrating platinum which I managed to get is about 3-4 days. I wanted it out of my way & out of my house.

EDIT:

Looking back over my experiences with this game, I think I may have judged it a bit unfairly. I skipped over all the cut-scenes and followed the collectable guide whilst getting "Keepin' in Real" in one playthrough. Purely for a (P) in the shortest amount of time, this game will do your head in. It felt like more of a chore than an experience.

Looking at it as a game, well...

I've watched all the cut-scenes that I have missed in the extras menu and it did make me laugh a bit. Difficulty would have been a lot easier if had been able to purchase upgrades, had I not been going for "Keepin' it Real".

What I'm getting at is, I made the game harder on myself because I wanted the (P) faster. If you're not a trophy hunter OR going for "Keepin' it Real" on a 2nd playthrough. Then this game is OK. It's certainly a nice change from the shooters I've been playing on my XBOX 360 or the JRPG that take 100+ to platinum I've been playing.

Edited by BadSashimi
Updated opinion

• 2 weeks later...
Not really worth it. I bought it at Costco for $16AUD. It was a frustrating platinum which I managed to get is about 3-4 days. I wanted it out of my way & out of my house.

EDIT:

Looking back over my experiences with this game, I think I may have judged it a bit unfairly. I skipped over all the cut-scenes and followed the collectable guide whilst getting "Keepin' in Real" in one playthrough. Purely for a (P) in the shortest amount of time, this game will do your head in. It felt like more of a chore than an experience.

Looking at it as a game, well...

I've watched all the cut-scenes that I have missed in the extras menu and it did make me laugh a bit. Difficulty would have been a lot easier if had been able to purchase upgrades, had I not been going for "Keepin' it Real".

What I'm getting at is, I made the game harder on myself because I wanted the (P) faster. If you're not a trophy hunter OR going for "Keepin' it Real" on a 2nd playthrough. Then this game is OK. It's certainly a nice change from the shooters I've been playing on my XBOX 360 or the JRPG that take 100+ to platinum I've been playing.

I know what you mean, but this game is totally not worth it if you are going for the platinum. I only enjoyed some few of the levels, but it was much better on easy and with upgrades! =)

Inktron Collider (Hydro Station) was the level I enjoyed the most, then Hypno Ray! =D

I take back what I said earlier about it being worth 9,85GBP. It's not worth that. If you are strong mentally this game can be worth it for the trophies, but there is nothing here that made me want to continue playing. There were some funny stuff, but it all was killed by frustration and repetitiveness. They should have gone with more and shorter levels and more checkpoints. More variation in level design. They could easily remove most of each level. It was the same things you did 3-5 times in a row on every level. :\

Badly scripted trophies made this game even more painful than it should have been.

• 1 year later...

I got this game for about $15, and enjoyed it a lot. The childish humor was fun.

But of course, like others said that's may be because I did not know about the Keeping it Real trophy, I had been upgrading and playing, getting the collectibles once the timed objectives were complete.

Had to repeat 2-3 levels to get 100% collectibles, and then once i read about this Keeping it Real trophy, started a second playthough. I agree it got frustrating at some points, it does get difficult without upgrades, most importantly lives. It took around 45 mins for each of the later levels without upgrades on normal difficulty.

Overall i would recommend this as a relaxing game, kids would love spreading the solid colors all around. Platting may get tedious and frustrating, not so much though, few tough spots here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I would agree. Not a game I would have advised someone to pay full price for, but it's quite cheap now and certainly worth $10 or $15. I've played both games and enjoyed the second one a bit more than the first one, which I found somewhat monotonous. There's more variety in the second game, and I loved the last level especially.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's worth it, at the current price. I paid £7 on psn, and it's more than worth that price. You get about 30 hours of fun, and it's something different. Enjoyed the first one, the second was about the same, with relatively minor differences. The platinum is also easy to get, if that's what you're after.

• 3 weeks later...
Come again when you got the (P).

Ok in the spirit of being civil I am fixing my post cause I am close to finishing most of these collectibles. I am gonna say this to anyone considering this game. Unless you enjoy monotonous collectible hunting that is of no real challenge just a time sink then play this game. Otherwise avoid it because to get all the collectibles with the guide (props to the guide btw) will constantly disengage you from the game.

Edited by QuantumMercury

Come again when you got the (P).

I has come again.. :) I still think it is a fun game. I don't think the game's any more than a rental, but I don't have a GameFly membership atm and so it was cheaper then renting the game via the video store. The main problem I have with the game was what most people mentioned, the targeting system. Wasn't a big deal unless you needed to do something in a pinch, and it auto targets something behind you instead of what you are looking to actually hit.

Overall, good rental, but wouldn't have paid whatever it was original, and probably not anymore than 7.50$ (the price before the sale).

I has come again.. :) I still think it is a fun game. I don't think the game's any more than a rental, but I don't have a GameFly membership atm and so it was cheaper then renting the game via the video store. The main problem I have with the game was what most people mentioned, the targeting system. Wasn't a big deal unless you needed to do something in a pinch, and it auto targets something behind you instead of what you are looking to actually hit.

Overall, good rental, but wouldn't have paid whatever it was original, and probably not anymore than 7.50$ (the price before the sale).

Okay, fair enough, you used the cheats though. Didn't know about them then. Which makes the game's issues considerably less painful. It still has collectibles you can miss after playing a level for over an hour and you "have" to collect them in one playthrough of the level.

Okay, fair enough, you used the cheats though. Didn't know about them then. Which makes the game's issues considerably less painful. It still has collectibles you can miss after playing a level for over an hour and you "have" to collect them in one playthrough of the level.

No doubt, you are 100% correct. Was kind of surprised not to see them on here, as they show up on most other games and guides.

The collectibles are a pain, but after a couple of chapters, and reading Scrap's guide, it made them a little less painful. Especially reading through each chapter before I did it, so I could tell which items were inside of a building that wouldn't be able to go back into once it was completed. Basically got to the point, if it was in somewhere other than the main area, (tunnel, cave, building, etc.) I would make a point to get those items.

That, as you mentioned and I forgot to add, is the most annoying thing about this game, if you miss something in one of those buildings, you can NOT get back in there without restarting the level. Only took one time for me to make sure it didn't happen again, haha.

• 7 months later...

Really, people are making far too much of a fuss over the collectibles. I got them all and used no cheats, found the vast majority on my own and only pulled up a guide when I was really stuck (generally that amounted to 1 or 2 per level). Had to replay perhaps one or two levels. They're really not that bad.

As explained above, the main thing is that if you want to avoid replaying a level, make sure you search the special buildings very thoroughly before exiting. Those are the only ones you can't get back to after you beat the last mission for the level and the timer turns off. Once that is done, finish the optional missions, and then find whatever you're still missing, with help from the guide if you want. Not a big deal at all.

• 9 months later...

i guess it is fun if u are playing it with upgrades but I’m aiming for keeping it real and in tough spots where u get killed and find ur self 30 minutes back, it can get a bit annoying. i had high expectations when i bought the game, looked really fun but now as i am 1 chapter away from finishing the story, i found it boring at some parts and as i said before annoying. hopefully my second walk-through with all upgrades will make things easier and allow me to enjoy the game than worry if i am gonna die a silly death cause i jumped on the wrong object or rolled on fire by mistake and end up to the latest check point which is very far away imo.

I played this game back in the day and I remember enjoying it.

Now I picked it up again (some time ago) and I am really getting sick of it.

Glad to get the plat for this (1 more level to go) and am happy to get this over with.

My main issue with this game that you are forced to finish an entire level in one sitting. To get all the collectibles can take you well over one hour. For that, I needed to force me to play one level here and there, then move onto better games.