Rate the trophy difficulty...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.31

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

i give it a four.

it's easy but tedious and if you screw up and upgrade at any point, you'll need a second playthrough of the story.

the tedious part is all the collectibles. some are very cleverly hidden. the ones underwater can blend in at times.

but it's definitely a doable plat (as long as you have a second controller for a quick co-op).

i give it a four.

it's easy but tedious and if you screw up and upgrade at any point, you'll need a second playthrough of the story.

the tedious part is all the collectibles. some are very cleverly hidden. the ones underwater can blend in at times.

but it's definitely a doable plat (as long as you have a second controller for a quick co-op).

I Screwed up xD

Can someone please explain how you upgrade and how this screws your game up or whatever?

I'm going to start playing the game tomorrow, is someone could tell me what I need to avoid to get it done as quickly as possible, that'd be cool.

you need to finish the game without do any upgrade to get one trophy

has anybody actually got this platinum? a few trophies glitched on me, and a few people i know had the same problem. we're all stuck without the plat.

anybody actually got it?

edit: I have it now. hell yeah. i technically earned every trophy twice, and the second time through was obviously easier than the first. so i gave it a 4.

Edited by antoniosbandana

I gave it a 4.

If you are familiar with 3D platformers like Super Mario Galaxy, then this is a solid 4. If not then you would be looking at a difficultly of 5 or 6 just for "Keepin it real". That's the only "hard" trophy in the game. There are a ton of collectibles to find but that isn't hard, just time consuming.

I gave it a 4.

If you are familiar with 3D platformers like Super Mario Galaxy, then this is a solid 4. If not then you would be looking at a difficultly of 5 or 6 just for "Keepin it real". That's the only "hard" trophy in the game. There are a ton of collectibles to find but that isn't hard, just time consuming.

Well my point exactly.

Nothing to add

• 3 weeks later...
I gave it a 4.

Couldn't agree more. Keepin it real was a pain more because of the time involved (had to re-do a couple of levels because I ran out of time) rather than its difficulty.

gave it a 3. the game itself isn't really difficult at all, even on normal without upgrades. I did everything in one playthrough and didn't have any issue with the timer. the collectibles are mostly easy to find and if you use a collectible guide to check a few times throughout a level if you got everything till that point, collectibles shouldn't be much of an issue either.

I give it a 4, it is pretty easy to find everything in one playthrough of a level, even though once or twice it took me awhile to get the last light bulb. Also I only had to redo the monster level because I went to get something I should have waited to get then fell off the tower.

I also had to restart at check points a few times because clifs, spike helmet guys and so forth.

Overall ran into a few snags and all but not too hard, but still very fun and cute.

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a 3, only if you use Scrapdaddy's awesome collectible guide. It'd be much harder without it. The number of collectibles, the long levels and the fact that you have to replay the entire level from scratch to find any missing collectibles would make this game awful to plat without a guide.

• 1 month later...

3 is fair especially if you try to get all of the collectibles before finishing the level - the timer can get a bit tight (well I had a few issues with it anyway). Thanks to the awesome collectible guide here this is much easier than without. Rather fun game and I personally enjoyed playing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rated this a 4.

Easy silver and gold trophies overall, a second controller shouldn't be a problem and the most of collectibles are even easy to spot without a guide.

The only annoying thing was the fact, that the game only checks lightbulbs and galleries at the end of a level. The basically good point of the levels being big become bothersome concerning that aspect.

I had to play several levels a second time, even with almost 100% collected and painted the S-rating was almost everytime reached very closely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a hard one to rate, in every way it's very tedious and I got bored after a couple of levels. Each level lasts about an hour + you need to find all the collectibles. It is a good thing we got a guide to find all these collectibles, but it's extremely boring going through the entire game using such a guide, since there are about 65 or so collectibles in average. Most of them you will find easily, but some are better hidden. You also play on time, which on normal can cause a bit of a problem near the end, especially if you are going for doing the entire game without upgrading, which must be done on normal due to bugs. The good thing is that once you finish the level, at least in most cases, you will have infinite time to go around search for whatever you missed, but the bad thing is that you not always have access to some of the places anymore.

Huge levels, few checkpoints, cheap deaths makes it very frustrating. I'm not going to say it's very hard, but it's hard to keep on playing.

If you thought this game looked like an easy platinum, you are very wrong, it's very long and boring. You are lucky if you make it in under 15 hours. I doubt many people will do that, even if they use the collectible guide, because they will be wasting hours reading that guide too.

I recommend first play it on easy, get all the stuff in the game, then do it on normal without upgrading. This will take a lot more time, but it will be way more easy, and you will enjoy the game a lot more this way. On the easy play through, I recommend just going thoroughly through the level, and be very sure not to miss anything in the underground 2D levels. Then before finishing after the timer has stopped make sure you grab everything else you miss on the level. Maybe get a little help from the guide, I know one level has a bulb after the timer stops which do require you to finish the level to grab.

I personally only liked 2 or 3 of the levels. The rest I found either extremely annoying and frustrating or just plain boring and repetitive. I'm not sure what the game before this was like, but I hope it wasn't as dragged out as this one.

Is it just me, or is the trophy that gives people the most frustration one of the very few bronze trophies in this game? How absurdly frustrating isn't that?

Most people should be able to get platinum in this game quietly easily if they just play the entire game, but with all the bugged trophies and the frustrating gameplay at times, will you be able to play the game enough?

I'm voting 6, just because this was a mentally difficulty game to get through. It is not something I recommend purchasing. It could have been very enjoyable, many good points, just a lot of stuff killed the funk.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

I voted 2. It's very easy. There's nothing troublesome except the collectibles, and even those I managed to get all the collectibles without a guide bar 3 lightbulbs, so only had to replay those 3 levels. It was more tedious than it was hard for me, since the levels are quite long and repetitive. Decent enough game though, it's certainly at a higher level than than the Megaminds and Spare Parts of this world.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...