Inky Fabricator level???

morfar

Played it for like 4 hours today.

This level is just impossible for me. Keep running out of time or dying like 200 times...

Is there a special way to play this level or am I just very bad at this game?

I collect all pinkies to get more time, but it just isnt enough.

An why does the game let me continue after dying when there is like only 45 seconds left?

• 11 months later...

The timing is definitely tight on this level. I just played through it and finished with under a minute left.

A few tips would be to always make sure you have a shield (there are plenty around the level) and keep yourself full on paint. Get rid of the Spikeys ASAP, they will destroy you if you are jumping trying to smash other enemies or paintbots near them. One quick way to take them out is if you can lure the bomb robots to explode next to them. Even better, in some areas there are the Graviton powerups which are also very useful for quickly cleaning up enemies.

Beyond that, you just need to get through the main objectives fairly efficiently, no special trick that I know of. Same as with any other level, release Graydians and kill packs of enemies to get the time bonuses, but don't bother with trees or billboards until the timer's gone.

You'll want about 4 minutes going into the factory at the end. It could maybe be done with 3 if done flawlessly, but not less. (Btw, there's an easy to miss lightbulb in there, so if you're short on time, collect it, die, then continue.)

And yeah, it's annoying that the game will save at checkpoints when you don't have nearly enough time to progress. That screwed me on the previous level. You just need to be careful never to let the time get too low. If you've gotten stuck on some mission and taken a huge amount of time figuring out what to do, it's better to induce a game over and try again than to finish the objective and be stuck with a checkpoint with 45 seconds on the clock.