What the best way to play this game?

Sobol14

I do agree it gets repetitive and some times frustrating (for me at least).

I do everything on one play through, putting my laptop beside me and playing the game, constantly referring to the guide. And I only play 1 level per day. Can't take too much frustration.

• 3 weeks later...

I did one play through without upgrading, at normal, to get both Normal playthrough trophy and no upgrades trophy. Then I switched to easy to clean up trophies and upgraded blob's life and armor before moving on.

The main reason I did this is the annoying save system + timer. On one particular level (the one with the 6 color towers), you can easily run out of time if you are collecting everything, and once you have stopped the clock, it's way to easy to lose both lives (there are many platforming jumps and holes in this level) and erase an hour worth of collecting if you forgot to force a save.

• 1 year later...

At first I planned on getting the platinum with one play through and about halfway through I figured it would be easier and more enjoyable to rush through the last half of the game and use my upgrades to help out getting all the collectibles and such. After the first play through I was kind of losing interest so I made the time to 100% complete 1 level per day so I didn't hate the game. Having the platinum now I feel like the best way to do it would be 1 play through and just focus on getting everything in each level playing seperate days.