Well that was annoying...

BadSashimi

I just completed and S Ranked "Inky Fabricator".

I was 10,000 points short of S Rank and had to run around for about 40 minutes painting buildings over and over again. eventually I found a spot where a big building that gave 30 points per color change right next 2 paint pools. quickly alternating colors and painting it, I got the last 1,000 points in 1 minute...

You should be able to get an S-Rank in a level if you get all the collectables (specially Style icons), complete optional missinos and get gold medals in the three "challenges" (Clean up, Liberation and Environment). Ah, and non-painted buildings give you more points.

The funny thing is I got ALL the collectables as well as optional quest. I know where i messed up. Used a terraform sphere right as points started falling inside a build, hence missing a lot of points.

EDIT:

Also I kinda rushed the boss fight, missing about of things inside the final part of the level.

Edited by BadSashimi
more things to add.

• 2 weeks later...
The funny thing is I got ALL the collectables as well as optional quest. I know where i messed up. Used a terraform sphere right as points started falling inside a build, hence missing a lot of points.

EDIT:

Also I kinda rushed the boss fight, missing about of things inside the final part of the level.

I had the exact same problem on this level, and this was the only level I was way off with the score. I had to grind for points... near the sub there was a blue paint water and a yellow paint leech thingie. Just rolled back and forward there, swapping between the colors.

I usually got like 10-50k more than I needed, but again, on this level I was 10-20k off both times I played this level.

And rushing the boss? it was extremely easy... I saw no reason to stay around in this game longer than I absolutely needed to.

Edited by MMDE