confusing game

MMDE

I've soon played through the game on normal without purchasing any upgrades!

Still, I've yet to understand exactly how the health system works! :s

"Every picture" trophy, it says in the trophy guide; "you can check your progress from the pause menu", but how do I do this? =o (Is it the fist icon under progress?)

Why is this game placed under family? I could never see myself playing this frustrating game, that has humor that plays a lot on politics, with a little child? It's a platformer.

Edited by MMDE

Found pic from Google

Lightbulb = Inspiration

Painbrush = Gallery item

Purple Swirl = Style

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/77577/images/590/deblob2-007.jpg

k, thanks, then I did get everything on that one level I just did! :D

still doesn't really understand the health system, just very confusing. I just try to stay away from any damage, and get shield every time I lose one! xD

Health is related to the amount of PAINT you have. As you take damage, you loose PAINT. Once you are at 0, any hit will KILL YOU! Most enemies won't be able to 1 hit kill you if you have more the 25 PAINT left. However, Stronger enemies late game, likes Spikeys and Bomb Bots will do -50 PAINT and KILL YOU if you have less then 50 PAINT. So if you have 35 PAINT and get hit by them, you WILL NOT got to 0 paint, Auto KO.

To make things easier, especially when using a late game power up that turns you into a black whole and suck up enemies. When you are clear color (the color you are when you jump into water) enemies will not attack you unless you walk and bump into them. So if you are low on paint, run into water to hide, then safely kill some PAINT BOTS or refill in a PAINT POOL.

SHIELDS let you take 1 hit without taking a hit to your paint.

Edited by BadSashimi

Health is related to the amount of PAINT you have. As you take damage, you loose PAINT. Once you are at 0, any hit will KILL YOU! Most enemies won't be able to 1 hit kill you if you have more the 25 PAINT left. However, Stronger enemies late game, likes Spikeys and Bomb Bots will do -50 PAINT and KILL YOU if you have less then 50 PAINT. So if you have 35 PAINT and get hit by them, you WILL NOT got to 0 paint, Auto KO.

To make things easier, especially when using a late game power up that turns you into a black whole and suck up enemies. When you are clear color (the color you are when you jump into water) enemies will not attack you unless you walk and bump into them. So if you are low on paint, run into water to hide, the safely kill some PAINT BOTS or refill in a PAINT POOL.

SHIELDS let you take 1 hit without taking a hit to your paint.

yeah, okay, thanks, that's a bit more clear than the game ever told me it! =)

I'm at the 10th level I think, got pwnt hard a couple of times at the very beginning of the level, was like 8AM in the morning, so I just gave up for then!

Any tip before I go back to the game? I am familiar with the black hole power up thingies, and is there such a power up here, or is it just a frustrating hard point of the game?

I only up to the 2nd last level, so I can't help you out ATM. I'm attempting them now so ill get back to you.

EDIT:

OK, last few level are a pain in the ass if you're going for "Keepin' it Real." Spikeys are deadly in groups, so it mostly relies of luck. Just fill up to 100 Paint, shield if possible, kill a Spikey, run, repeat until all Spikeys are dead.

If you're are not going for "Keepin' it Real." then the last few level will be a cake walk.

Take your time. seriously, as long as you're coloring houses and recusing the things that come out, you should be able to finish the level is 10-25 minutes to spare. Even if you're going for 100% collectables using Scrapdaddy's guide.

Edited by BadSashimi
more info

I only up to the 2nd last level, so I can't help you out ATM. I'm attempting them now so ill get back to you.

EDIT:

OK, last few level are a pain in the ass if you're going for "Keepin' it Real." Spikeys are deadly in groups, so it mostly relies of luck. Just fill up to 100 Paint, shield if possible, kill a Spikey, run, repeat until all Spikeys are dead.

If you're are not going for "Keepin' it Real." then the last few level will be a cake walk.

Take your time. seriously, as long as you're coloring houses and recusing the things that come out, you should be able to finish the level is 10-25 minutes to spare. Even if you're going for 100% collectables using Scrapdaddy's guide.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of... most of the game is enjoyable, but those spikey's really ruins a lot, same with the time limit! >_<

I will be going back on most of the levels later on easy and with power ups, so that will be far easier, and I will make sure to use guide then. I just wish there was a guide for the "miss-able" items in the levels, the rest I want to do later on, and actually somewhat like to do to myself. Just pain to do it on time the first time around. Missing some item in some underground level, and not being able to go back.

Again, I don't think this is a family game, but rather a platformer... so it's put in the wrong section if you ask me.

I would also like to share some really annoying moments in this game too...

The 9th level I think it was, where you save all your underground color gang friends from being circus attractions. The very last part. I died twice when hitting those 3 buttons before the place gets sealed off, because someone kept saying "You're almost there" (or something along those lines) with subtitles covering the platform I was aiming at landing on. >:\ You of course gets taken far back. There is also a lot of those guys that you need to have the correct color to hit, which seems to respawn. Then next time I've actually passed that part, knowing the annoying subtitles will appear, I get to the part where they seal off the place, but don't find the way up in time, and this I use 2 attempts on before actually getting up. The secret was that you needed to use the extended jump to hit some color thingie to get from one platform to the next, and that color thingie did I barely see from where I was jumping from. >:\ Anyways, on the second attempt I run out of time on the very last part of the level. Like I get to the final room in the underground, have hit half of the stuff there, BAM time out! YOU LOSE! GO BACK TO LAST CHECKPOINT! (Which is far behind).

This kind of brutal playing is okay, but there is so many cheap deaths. Demon's Souls was fairly brutal (perhaps not even as hard), this is just cheap. I guess when I finish the game, it will be much easier on easy and it will be a easy last path to the platinum! =) I guess it's just trial and error till I make it, and hopefully it won't drag out like several other of the levels has. (Taking down 3-5 towers pretty much every time)

Edited by MMDE

If you want your voice to be heard (not literally) about the "It's not a 'Family' game", post in the Feedback section and maybe they'll consider it. Personally, I feel it belongs right where it is. :think:

nah, because there are no such category here on PS3T, that's probably why. Else, this game is far more a standard platformer than anything else. I miss the days when those games were cool! I can kind of understand it's not with this kind of titles, so perhaps it's a good thing it's not marked with that! ;)

Edited by MMDE

Just read some of the enemy information because I was bored and got some more information about Spikey that will seriously help you kill it. It ONLY attacks if you're in mid air, like jumping and what not. So stay on solid ground and it shouldn't attack you.

Completely didn't read the character information when Pinky informed me about them the first time... Now, after the hell Spikeys have put me through, I wish i had read it.

I know for sure it doesn't attack me while I'm in water (but if I jump, it might fire at me), but that doesn't help much on those last levels! xD

EDIT:

I can confirm that they won't hurt you if you stay on the ground, but good luck with that! =P So many other guys around you need to jump on!

2nd EDIT:

I completed the game on hard without any upgrades, what a painful experience. I am not quite good at the game though. I decided to go after the trophy without having to look at a guide, since I'm so tired of reading guides between my every move, and this game has so many collectibles! I hear the trophy for all inspiration/bulb is somewhat messed up, so I took a backup of my old save and deleted it on my PS3, then started a new game on easy where I collect everything. I also take backup between every successful level, so I can just reload if I missed anything and have to do the level again. It is just to be sure to get everything in the underground levels before moving on.

On easy with upgrades this game is very easy. Especially now that I understand the health system a lot better! =D Those spikey's are no match anymore. I just walk up to them, not too close, because then they will smack their gun at me, but so close that I can R1 smash into them. Important to take them before anything else, as everything else requires jumping, and then these guys will most certainly shoot you. Also good to be gone with them so you don't jump on them.

I'm at the 7th level at the moment... will be great when I'm done with the game and all the remaining trophies will pop at the same time (44%). The game is more enjoyable now. :) I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone though. It is very repetitive and has long levels that takes forever. It isn't very fun to play either. I guess not every game I purchase can be a hidden gem! haha

Edited by MMDE