DC Universe Online Digital Download Coming Soon to PSN

Khriz360

Hey Everyone! It has been nearly two months since the launch of DC Universe Online and if you haven’t already purchased the game then shame on you – we have already added a new Catwoman episode and a second Batcave Raid! For those of you who just can’t make it to the store, we have the answer, shop from your couch…DC Universe Online is coming to the PlayStation Store! The digital download of DCUO will make accessing the game nearly effortless as you can simply slip on your sweatpants, melt into your couch and immediately access the vast world that is DC Universe Online. Download the Universe… right from your couch!

DC Universe Online will be available for download at the Playstation Store for $59.99 USD. The game includes 30-days of free gameplay, with a monthly game play fee of $14.99 thereafter. We also have bundled packs that give you more game play for less, a six-month subscription package is available for $77.99 USD with a 12-month subscription selling for $134.99 USD.

Don’t run to the PlayStation Store just yet, but keep an eye out for the official announcement and release date coming soon! In the meantime, let us know: Are you a hero or villain inside DCUO? Sound off in the comments!

Source: DC Universe Online Digital Download Coming Soon to PSN – PlayStation Blog

downloading full games off the store is stupid, when i can buy the games brand new or second hand for cheaper in the shops.

example, prince of persia is £15 on store (I think) can get it brand new for a £10 and second hand for like £5.

So its completely pointless

From what i read around you cant buy this game used

downloading full games off the store is stupid, when i can buy the games brand new or second hand for cheaper in the shops.

example, prince of persia is £15 on store (I think) can get it brand new for a £10 and second hand for like £5.

So its completely pointless

So, just to be clear: because you can buy a completely unrelated game cheaply, it's completely pointless for Sony to sell full versions of Sony games through Sony's own online store and for people to buy them there?

What truly makes no sense is why it's taking Sony so long to make things like this available in this form. Quite aside from anyone's personal preference regarding discs versus digital downloads, how does it make any sense that Mass Effect 2 is available in the online store from launch but Sony's own 1st and 2nd party games have no presence in their own online store at all? (And that's not a bit of business in the mold of pitting ps3-things against 360-things, it's just that it doesn't make any actual business sense for Sony to be selling other people's properties through the online store and not their own.)

This kinda makes sense because you cant buy the game used because of it being a MMO.

This is not correct.

I bought the game used and although I couldn't use the 30 day free code, all I had to do was buy a sub off PSN and I was up and running (after 5 hours of patching... OMG!)

• 2 weeks later...