Lvl 25-30 quick?

DanDareV2

I'm currently level 25 and I need to get to lvl 30 by the 16th feb when my sub runs out, I'm taking a month off to play other games and them I intend to come back and start my hero playthrough but I want to hit 30 with my villanueva first.

I've mainly been playing missions and done a few alerts but all missions I have left are harder levels than mine and I'm playing alone so I will get my arse handed to me. Is there any specific alerts/ legends/ missions with good xp that I can replay to hit my lvls?

Thanks

The Wanted missions (like Bizarro and Full House) give a lot of XP.

Going after the collectibles (especially the blue exclamation mark ones) is also a good way to get a lot of xp, you easily get about 2000 to 3000 xp when you complete a collection, no matter what your level is. So if it's possible, wait with collecting these ones until you're at a high level.

Other than that, I don't really have any tips at the moment.

The briefings are the best way to get experience, use a map to help find them.

Briefing | DC Universe Online Fansite

Have you done all the races? Getting platinum in those yields alot of experience, and the giant puple markers are easy enough to spot.

Have you done all the side quests for the missions you've already done? If not go back to the areas where the missions are and look for people to talk to for extra xp.

I'm currently level 25 and I need to get to lvl 30 by the 16th feb when my sub runs out, I'm taking a month off to play other games and them I intend to come back and start my hero playthrough but I want to hit 30 with my villanueva first.

I've mainly been playing missions and done a few alerts but all missions I have left are harder levels than mine and I'm playing alone so I will get my arse handed to me. Is there any specific alerts/ legends/ missions with good xp that I can replay to hit my lvls?

Thanks

You shouldn't have any problems, I have two level 30's and I've only had the game for 8 days. I found going from 20-30 faster in overall experience than anything else in the game.

Do the gorilla island alert. At the very beginning on the upper level of the hangar there is a line of explosive barrels that almost instantly re-appear once destroyed. Each barrel gives 11xp regardless of level. If you have a turbo controller, set your turbo to your ranged attack button and just put something on it to keep the button pressed down and your set. flip your video setting to your cable tv and watch some movies or something...go to sleep...whatever. when you come back a few hours later you should have gained several levels.

Do the gorilla island alert. At the very beginning on the upper level of the hangar there is a line of explosive barrels that almost instantly re-appear once destroyed. Each barrel gives 11xp regardless of level. If you have a turbo controller, set your turbo to your ranged attack button and just put something on it to keep the button pressed down and your set. flip your video setting to your cable tv and watch some movies or something...go to sleep...whatever. when you come back a few hours later you should have gained several levels.

Holy shit does that really work? I only have one more character to get from 0 to 30 and two to get from 25 to 30 but if this works it will save me so much time! How long would it take to level, would you say? Have you done this often to level?

Edited by EPICRAGE

Holy shit does that really work? I only have one more character to get from 0 to 30 and two to get from 25 to 30 but if this works it will save me so much time! How long would it take to level, would you say? Have you done this often to level?

You can gain around 3-4 levels per hour this way. My rifle/sorc healer was at level 14 the other day before patch...i had him set up before i went to bed at midnight...woke up with being disconnected because servers came down for patch (dunno what time exactly, but i got up at a little past 6am to check on him) and when the servers came back up and i logged in i was level 29 with half a bar to go for 30.

My hands blaster fire chick wasn't doing as well because her hand blasts did too little damage at times and would knock the barrels out of her own firing range on the first shot and subsequent shots would be out of reach. I believe I found a work around for that though since she is a flyer and I have her almost directly above the barrels in flight now though so if she shoots them away from her she is still within reach on the next shot because of the angle that it blows up on the 2nd shot.

But to give you the short answer, yes, it works.

But to give you the short answer, yes, it works.

This is so awesome. I will probably finish up the 2 level 25 characters legit but as soon as I get my last character to 14-15, I'm going to do this, go to bed and wake up a happy man!

Thank you so much for posting this!

is it possible to do the alerts on your own? because otherwise your teammembers will finish it in about half an hour

But you can stay in as long as you want. Which is good because stuff doesn't respawn so you can easily find all the blue/green "!" for giant amounts of easy xp....but is also bad because you can get put in to one of these rooms after everything is done if people are still searching for stuff forcing you to quit and be unable to rejoin the alert queue for a set period of time (so annoying).

ah, i get it, never though of that ;)

But do the barrels give more xp when you're alone? I tried it a few days ago with a lvl 22 character while in a group, and the barrels only gave me 2 xp a piece.

The XP is divided up evenly by everyone who is within range in the group. When you are the only one left, it's 11xp per barrel.

I'm only on my 3rd hero, havent made any villains yet. My question is do villains get the Gorilla Island Alert also?

I'm only on my 3rd hero, havent made any villains yet. My question is do villains get the Gorilla Island Alert also?

Yes, they get the Gorilla Island alert as well. Your queue times may be different though depending on your servers villain population. It takes me around 10-15 mins to get a group vs around 2-3 for my hero.

• 1 month later...
How can you tell how much XP you need towards the next level?

Is it possible to find this out? Where do you look?

Purple bar on the bottom of your ability tray loadout.

anybody know of any new other possible way to rank up fast??

Read trophy guide here

Read: DC Universe Leveling Guide section: