DC Universe Online FAQ

Azgard12

This is meant to be a helpful collection of information about the game. If you think of other general questions, post them here. If you think anything seems wrong, speak up and correct me! :)

THE BASICS

Q: Should I buy this game new or used?

A: It does not matter now. The game is free through PSN. You may play for free, but you will not earn trophies. You can upgrade to Legendary Access for the $14.99. This cost goes toward maintaining the servers on which the games are run, keeping up with glitches and other programming issues, as well as new content which should be arriving every few months.

Q: Do I have to be online to play this game?

A: Yes. You cannot do anything but stare at the opening loading screens (of Power Girl) unless you are connected to the internet.

Q: If I stop cancel my subscription and turn it back on later, do I lose all of my progress?

A: No. Your character is saved and tied to your PSN account. For example, if you quit for 6 months and then came back to the game, you would still have any characters you had previously created.

Q: How long does it take to platinum this game?

A: 120 hours to 180 hours, depending on skill, focus, and classes selected, so it's entirely possible to platinum the game in the first free month, though you'd have to work hard and skip cinematics. Fire seems to be the fastest class to level right now, and if you're going for speed do not create characters on a PvP server, as it will multiply the time to level greatly. Your focus should be on creating 6 characters with each of the six mentors. You also need to cover all of the travel powers and roles, so you'll need to play these characters somewhat differently. None of the trophies should or can be boosted.

Q: Do I have to pay by credit card? Are there time-cards?

You pay through your PSN account, adding funds to the account just as you would normally. You can buy Playstation Network time-cards at a local store and use them to pay for your game time.

Q: Is there a lifetime subscription available?

A: No. While the PC version offers a $200 lifetime subscription, the PS3 version does not currently have this option. It has been said that this is because $200 is larger than the wallet size of a PSN account.

Q: Do PSN+ users get a discount on the monthly rate?

A: Not at this time. There are rumors that it may eventually happen, however.

Q: What is the difference between a PvE server and a PvP server?

A: A PvE server is standard play- you fight computer AI enemies (NPCs) and may see opponents from the opposite faction doing the same, but you can't fight unless you "flag". PvP servers don't have flags because everyone is always flagged, leading to a lot more battles between opposing players.

CHARACTER CREATION

Q: What are the classes in this game? What do they do?

A: There are currently six classes in DC Universe online:

FIRE, which is a damage and tank class.

ICE, which is a damage and tank class.

GADGET, which is a damage and controller class.

MENTAL, which is a damage and controller class.

SORCERY, which is a damage and healing class.

NATURE, which is a damage and healing class.

New classes are in development, such as the rumored Light, Atomic, Earth, and Electric sets.

Q: How many characters can I have?

A: Currently unknown, but it's higher than 9.

Q: What does my mentor determine?

A: Your mentor isn't a major influence on the game, only affecting your starting point in the game and some endgame armors you'll have easier access to.

Q: What weapon should I choose?

A: You gain access to other weapons in the game and can change your main weapon, so don't sweat this decision too much.

Q: What travel power should I choose?

A: Travel powers are mostly up to style and convenience. There are benefits to each power in gameplay, but they are very similar. (I've found Super Speed to be the best for extra benefits.)

There are also ingame items (typically found in vaults) that can be equipped and allow you to access other travel powers.

Q: Am I restricted to only 3 colors?

A: Yes. However, there are ways to get creative, such as using tattoos on skin and changing the color of make-up or skin. And you're allowed to change what pieces are what colors individually. It isn't as restrictive as it seems.

Edited by Azgard12

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAMEPLAY

Q: What is the maximum level?

A: The level cap is currently 30, although there is still plenty to do:

-Hard Modes of several Alerts, such as Smallville, the Watchtower, Arkham Asylum, and Stryker's Island.

-Level 30 versions of the Challenge Mode instances that become daily missions.

-Several different PVP events within the city.

-Other daily goals, like helping citizens or completing objectives.

-2 Massive raids in Kandaq and the Batcaves.

Q: Is there a way to check my EXP?

A: The purple bar beneath your skills indicates roughly how close you are to the next level.

Q: People keep stealing the objectives I'm trying to complete? How do I stop them?

A: Don't worry about it. DC has a (confusing) dynamic system that gives you credit for some kills when you're not in a group. And if you are fighting enemies to get to a certain object and someone else clicks on it- you'll get credit for it, too

Q: What happens my character dies?

A: Death is a relatively minor problem in comics and the same applies for DCU Online. If you die in the main world (Metropolis/Gotham) while fighting, you'll be teleported to a rally point (blue for heroes, red for villains) where you're protected from any harm until you leave the area. You do not lose experience, but your equipment does suffer some minor damage. Over time it can become broken and you'll need to repair it at a vendor or it will become ineffective.

Q: Help! How do I get my character unstuck?

A: It is possible to get your character stuck in between objects in the world. If this happens, open up the start menu and go to the world map. At the bottom of the list of locations, select Warp HQ or Warp Rally to teleport to one of these areas.

Q: What is a tank/healer/controller?

A: Along with doing damage, these are the basic archetypes of the game.

Tanks focus on taking the majority of the damage and keeping enemies focused on them.

Healers keep the tank (and other) alive while the enemies are attacking.

Controllers incapacitate enemies and also serve as a power battery for the group.

Q: What does each stat do?

A: The major stats are as follows...

HEALTH: How much health (green bar) you have.

POWER: How much power (blue bar) you have.

PRECISION: How much damage your weapon does.

MIGHT: How much damage super-moves do.

RESTORATION: How much healing your heals give.

VITALIZATION: How much power you can restore.

DOMINANCE: How effective/long your stuns/roots (CC) will last.

DEFENSE: How much damage from NPC enemies you block.

TOUGHNESS: How much damage from player enemies you block.

Q: What stats does my role want?

A: Every character wants every stat, but some are better for certain roles.

Everyone wants Health and Power, since they are going to increase your options and survivability.

DAMAGE: Might and Precision

TANK: Defense and Health

HEALER: Restoration and Power

CONTROLLER: Dominance and Vitalization

If you plan on doing a lot of PvP, you'll also want Toughness and some Dominance.

Q: How do I change my role?

A: Hit the up button on your controller. The first option under Toggle Stance says "Change Stance" and will switch you to whatever the other available role is. However, you cannot change your role/stance during combat. You gain access to other roles at level 10. (Thanks to cdrogers.)

Q: Is it true that there is a place where I can test out the powers of other classes?

A: Yes, but it doesn't seem to be active yet. In the Watchtower, there is a Battle Simulator near Beast Boy. There is also one in the Hall of Doom.

Q: What is the best weapon?

A: All of the weapons are good. The differences are minor. Below are some recommendations based on those minor differences:

STAFF: All Roles, PvP (Best PvP weapon)

BOW: All Roles, PvP

BRAWLING: Damage, Controller (Most Versatile Weapon)

DUAL PISTOL: Damage, Controller, Healing (Best Damage Weapon)

DUAL WIELD: Damage, Controller, Healing (Best Controller Weapon)

HAND BLASTER: Damage, Controller, Healing (Best Combos)

MARTIAL ARTS: Burst Damage, Healing

ONE HANDED: All Roles

RIFLE: All roles (Best SuperCharge Full Weapon, Most Difficult Combos)

TWO HANDED: All roles (Best Interrupt Weapon)

Q: What are feats?

A: Feats are awarded when you accomplish goals within the game. These goals can be tied to exploration, missions, PvP, and all sorts of other things. However, feats are just for show. Every feat is worth a set number of points (usually 10). Every time you rack up 100 Feat Points, you'll gain access to another Skill Point to spend on Movements or Weapons.

Q: I hit level 30 and didn't get my movement power trophy! What happened?

A: There is currently a glitch that causes players to miss their movement power trophies if they are in a different form other than their natural one. It's happened with Nature's Shape-Shifting powers and Sorcery's Arbiter of Destiny, but most commonly when completing the quests involving the Demon Etrigan at Gotham University where you are morphed into a zombie. Most players were completing this during Level 29, putting them either dangerously close to suffering from this glitch or learning about it the rough way. (Thanks to kyo daikun.)

SOCIAL

Q: Help me please! I want other players to play with!

A: You'll need people to play with at maximum level and it can be fun to have people to play with along the way. Try the Non-Boosting Thread instead of creating another new thread for this.

Q: How do I talk to other players?

A: Through a headset (while in group or league/legion) or by using a keyboard. Most people just shout right now, as there aren't specific channels set up for anything. You really should invest in finding a keyboard for this game, as using the PSN keyboard can become cumbersome quickly.

Q: Why isn't voice chat working?

A: Currently, you need to have your headset up and running before you start the game. If it's not working and you did this already, try looking in the Settings within the Start Menu. In the social menu above the text feed there is an option to switch between text and voice options. (Thanks to cdrogers.)

Q: How do I join a league/legion (guild)?

A: Most servers have many people actively seeking guilds. Also, you might try the Non-Boosting Thread on this forum, which is mostly players looking for others to play with. Be sure to indicate your server. There are also the Official Forums which offer Recruitment.

Q: What are some of the chat commands in this game?

A: There are some pretty basic commands you can use:

/invite - Allows you to invite another player to your group.

/tell - Allows you to speak privately to another player.

/reply - Send a tell to the last person you received one from.

/say - Says something to those immediately around you.

/shout - The basic means of communication to all (for now).

/league - Speak to others in your league.

/kick - Kick a player from your group.

/group - Speak to others in your group.

/leave - Leave your group.

Edited by Azgard12

PVP

Q: How do I unlock other Legends to play as?

A: Legend Exobyte Data is available in both HQs from vendors in their respective Reactors. However, purchasing legends costs Marks of Legend which are won through completing PvP matches or objectives. Batman is currently only available to those who pre-ordered the game.

Q: If I'm on a PvE server, how do I flag for combat?

A: Hit the up button and scroll down to "Flag for PvP." To turn this off, select the same option and wait five minutes without participating in PvP. If and when you die, your flag will be removed.

Q: Why do people keep incapacitating me in PvP?

A: You may need to preform a breakout by pressing R1. Sometimes there are other instructions for special breaks, such as hitting action buttons. If this doesn't work, it may be that an opponent has a very high Dominance rating.

Q: What character type should I focus on killing first in PvP?

A: The rule of thumb in PvP is that you need to take out the healer first. However, this becomes a little more complicated, as certain roles are typically better suited for going after and taking out other roles. In a good PvP match, it will take all players playing their roles very well to win.

It works a bit like Paper, Rock, Scissors:

-A Controller can effectively shut down a Healer.

-A Healer counters a Tank.

-A Tank can counter a Controller.

Q: What are the goals in the PvP matches?

A: The goal is always to kill the enemy, but sometimes there is an added element...

ACE CHEMICALS- Stand on a node to capture it. If nobody is on a node, it becomes neutral again, so stay on nodes if you want to keep them in your control. Sometimes nodes will vanish, which is your cue to get out of there because either Chemo will become enraged or the area will fill with toxic poison, killing you.

ARKHAM ASYLUM- There are three nodes within the area you want to capture. Once you've captured, you're free to leave the point- it will stay under your team's control until an opponent takes it. However, there are occasionally unlocks you can access near these points. They will enable special effects based around the powers of different inmates. These can turn against you, so be careful!

BATCAVE- Defending one point in the room is the point here. There are defense turrets which you can also use to help you defend. If you're attacking, take these out quickly. Also, the Batcomputer can be used to launch an array of helpers. One special note: you can also grapple to the area beneath the node to block your opponent's progress on capturing it. However, it is only advantageous to do this when you want to stall, such as when your team is in the lead and time may soon be up.

MOON- This is capture the flag, but instead of flags there are "elements" of different colors. To win, you must grab (Hold Circle) the element from one of the stations and bring it back to the other station. However, you must control both at the same time, so offense and defense are both critical. You also score points for killing opponents.

STAR LABS- This is another node control challenge. There are three nodes on the map, but usually only two are active. You have to stay on a node, as they are not permanently captured, but controlled. Also, you score points for killing opponents.

(More coming soon.)

ITEMS

Q: Why are different items different colors within my inventory?

A: Each color is meant to indicate the rarity of the item. Following another MMO's scheme...

GREY = Trash

WHITE = Common

GREEN = Uncommon

BLUE = Rare

PURPLE = Epic

ORANGE = Legendary

Q: Where can I get really good items or Tier 1 / Tier 2 sets?

A: Various tasks at maximum level reward "Marks." Collecting these marks will yield various rewards.

Marks of Allegiance are for Cosmetic gear. You get 1 for each Challenge Mode daily and from Stryker Island dailies.

10 Marks of Allegiance = 1 Mark of Triumph

Marks of Triumph are for Tier 1 gear. You get 2 from completing a duo and 1 from each Hard Alert boss you beat (per day).

40 Marks of Triumph = Tier 1 Back

45 Marks of Triumph = Tier 1 Gloves, Belt, Boots

50 Marks of Triumph = Tier 1 Shoulders

55 Marks of Triumph = Tier 1 Head

60 Marks of Triumph = Tier 1 Chest, Legs

Marks of Distinction are for Tier 2 gear. You get these from each boss killed in a raid and also one from completing Alerts marked with a star.

40 Marks of Distinction = Tier 2 Back

45 Marks of Distinction = Tier 2 Gloves, Belt, Boots

50 Marks of Distinction = Tier 2 Shoulders

55 Marks of Distinction = Tier 2 Head

60 Marks of Distinction = Tier 2 Chest, Legs

Influence is used to purchase Tier 1 PvP gear and is obtained through all PvP.

75 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Ring

100 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Neck

150 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Trinket

175 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Boots, Belt, Back, Gloves

200 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Shoulders

250 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Weapons, Head

275 Influence = Tier 1 PvP Chest, Legs

Marks of Victory are available from completing PvP matches at level 30. You'll receive 2 if you win, but only 1 if you lose. It is also important to note that if your faction wins the Ring War in Metropolis, a vendor sells some other items for PvP which may be better for your role.

35 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Ring

45 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Neck

65 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Trinket

80 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Boots, Belt, Gloves

90 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Back

100 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Shoulders

120 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Weapons, Head

130 Marks of Victory = Tier 2 PvP Chest, Legs

Marks of Legend are used to purchase Legends characters and are obtained from completing PvP matches.

Q: Wow. So where should I begin on all of the endgame content?

A: First, decide what your endgame goals are. Do you want to work toward completing raids as a team with others, or do you want to become a powerful PvP opponent? Some people may even do both. One of the best things to do as soon as you hit level 30 is to go to all of the vendors in the Watchtower and other HQs and buy any level 30 equipment you can to upgrade yourself.

If you decide tackle PvE aspects first, then try to complete Hard Mode Alert and duos, perhaps starting with the ones that have a star next to them each day. Don't repeat the same Hard Mode Alert in the same day, as you'll only get a Mark of Triumph for the first time you kill each. Once you've assembled more than half of the Tier 1 PvP gear, move work toward assembling or joining an 8-man team for the endgame raids. Keep collecting Marks of Triumph and Distinction as you move toward building Tier 2. Then it's simply a matter of awaiting new content, new raids, and Tier 3.

If you decide to go after PvP gear first, then you may want to begin with Legends Arenas. These are slightly more forgiving to players because Harley and Robin are both very effective characters if played intelligently, and because gear and level do not matter in a Legends match. You'll get Marks of Legend, allowing you to unlock your favorite characters to play as, but also learn the basic aspects of PvP in DCUO as well as how to capture or control objectives. The first piece of gear you should buy with your influence is the PvP trinket that will allow you to break out of control effects. Once you've purchased more than half of the Tier 1 PvP gear and feel confident about your skills, move into normal Arenas (and still queue for Legends). Keep at it, and before long you'll be collecting a powerful set of armor to go with the skills you've mastered.

If you're going for both, always do the starred Arenas, Legends Arenas, Hard Mode Alerts, and Duos, as these will move you toward Tier 2 PvE more quickly.

Edited by Azgard12

SKILLS

Q: When do I get Skill/Power Points?

A: You get Skill Points upon reaching an even numbered level and Power Points when reaching an odd numbered level. This means you'll have 15 Skill Points at maximum level, which is more than enough to purchase skills for both roles and still pick up some unnecessary or frivolous skills.

Q: What should I spend my points on? I don't have enough points!

A: Remember that you only get to slot SIX skills at a time. Even with both roles using completely different moves (which, they usually won't) that still leaves you with three leftover skill points. Considering that most trees have a few worthless skills and that almost none of the iconic powers are worthwhile will leave you with a pretty clear path for what skills to choose. However, sometimes it is worth it to have a few of those extra abilities on hand to swap into your slots manually for certain fights.

Q: Which skills are worthwhile and which aren't?

A: Since this is an MMO, skills are constantly changing. In Beta, Gadget's Tazer and Fire's simple Fireball ruled the game, but they've since changed. These are currently the best loadouts:

FIRE

Recommended Damage Loadout:

1) Fireball (or Meteor Strike*)

2) Detonate

3) Enflame (or Spontanous Combustion*)

4) Flame Cascade (or Wildfire*)

5) Mass Detonation

6) Reignition

Recommended Tank Loadout:

1) Fireball (or Meteor Strike*)

2) Absorb Heat

3) Backdraft (swap for Burnout in PvP)

4) Burning Determination (or Stoke Flames*)

5) Reignition

6) Eternal Flame

Obtaining this build will cost you 12 Power Points, leaving 3 available for other Powers or Iconic Powers. You could easily spend these on the optional powers with asterisks by them, but often the passive Iconic Powers will benefit you more, especially Nanoweave Armor.

ICE

1) Inescapable Storm (or Cold Snap)

2) Frost Snipe

3) Freeze Wave (or Glacier Flash)

4) Avalanche

5) Ice Elemental

6) Freeze Ray (or Blizzard*)

Recommended Tank Loadout:

1) Cold Snap

2) Frost Snipe

3) Reflection

4) Shatter Restraints

5) Ice Elemental

6) Hibernation

Obtaining this build will cost 11 Power Points, leaving you with four to spend as you choose. It is highly recommended to put some of these points into the passive Iconic Powers, especially Nanoweave Armor.

Thanks to Bobbob.

MENTAL

1) Psychic Blades (or Telekinesis)

2) Telekinetic Push

3) Telekinetic Bolt

4) Psychic Shock

5) Grandeur

6) Psychic Shield (or Bolt Barrage*)

Recommended Controller Loadout:

1) Telekinesis (or Psychic Blades)

2) Psychic Empowerment

3) Terrorize

4) Thought Bubble

5) Menace (swap Reflect Pain* or Horrific Visage* for PvP)

6) Psychic Shield

Obtaining this build will cost you 12 Power Points, leaving you with three points to spend as you choose. Mental has two really great PvP abilities that are unfortunately split at opposite ends of the Illusion Tree. Reflect Pain is likely to help you when you're on your own, but Horrific Visage will shut down enemy healing. If you look into Iconic Powers, Wisdom of Solomon is excellent, and Intimidating Gaze is also worth considering.

GADGETS

1) Sticky Bomb (or Taser Pull)

2) Fear Gas

3) Gag Glove

4) Intimidation

5) Neural Neutralizer

6) Asphyxiation Gas

Recommended Controller Loadout:

1) Taser Pull

2) Defibrillator

3) Gag Glove

4) Bomb (or Cryo-Foam*)

5) Gauss Grenade

6) Anesthetic (or Stasis Field*)

Obtaining this build will cost you 11 Power Points, leaving you with four points to spend as you choose on other powers or Iconic Powers. I'd highly recommend picking up the passive Iconic Powers Wisdom of Solomon and Intimidating Gaze. Also, there are two interesting moves that are missing from this build: Stealth (which is very fun to play with) and Hide (which can save your butt).

SORCERY

1) Condemn

2) Shared Fate (or Final Ruin*)

3) Karmic Backlash

4) Rejuvenate

5) Boon of Souls

6) Polymorph (or Transcendance*)

Recommended Healing Loadout:

1) Rejuvenate

2) Invocation of Renewal

3) Boon of Souls

4) Circle of Protection

5) Polymorph (or Summon Watcher*)

6) Transcendance (or Arbiter of Destiny*)

Obtaining this build will cost you 10 Power Points, leaving you five to spend as you choose. You could easily spend these on the optional powers with asterisks by them, but often the passive Iconic Powers will benefit you more, especially Miracle Worker or Wisdom of Solomon (for the Power). I've currently found the Summons to be very lackluster and unpredictably glitchy, so I do not rely on those. Also, power skills from Super-Speed seem to greatly help the Sorcerer, such as Whirling Dervish and Metabolic Boost.

NATURE

1) Vine Lash

2) Briar

3) Roar

4) Rampage

5) Primal Wolf Form***

6) Pterosaur Form***

Recommended Healing Loadout:

1) Metabolism (or Hive Mind*)

2) Blossom

3) Bloom (or Cross Pollination*)

4) Thorn Shield

5) Regeneration

6) Insectoid Form***

Obtaining this build will cost you 12 Power Points, leaving you three to spend as you choose. You could easily spend these on the optional powers with asterisks by them and you'll also likely be tempted to purchase all the different animal forms (and it isn't a bad idea). ***Remember that you have entirely different power sets as different forms.

Edited by Azgard12

Just a couple of things that i think need expanding on.

Firstly it might be worth mentioning you need to reach level 10 before you unlock your second stance.

As for trying to get the voice chat working, as well as turning on the headset before loading the game. In the social menu above the text feed there is an option to switch between text and voice options.

For finding good items, upto level thirty you pretty much have to rely on quest and alert rewards, as well as random drops.

Once you hit level 30, you can buy plenty of equipment from vendors in safe houses and your HQ, though i doubt this is the best available in the game. You also need more than just money to buy it, the marks are gained through the raids/ duos etc. Influence is through pvping.

For finding good items, upto level thirty you pretty much have to rely on quest and alert rewards, as well as random drops.

Once you hit level 30, you can buy plenty of equipment from vendors in safe houses and your HQ, though i doubt this is the best available in the game. You also need more than just money to buy it, the marks are gained through the raids/ duos etc. Influence is through pvping.

Yeah, I started to go into writing about the Vendors and whatnot, but I want to make certain I understand the function of the different marks and whatnot if I'm going to write about it. After today, I feel like I get it, but then there are lots of fun bonus items like the Epic Chest from Deathstroke...

wow, thanks, this is great info. been playing for a week and i'm still figuring stuff out. it's like a nice bginner mmos though. a few questions. do you loose xp when you die? (like in ffxi). i don't think so, i haven't deleveled. where can you see how much xp you have and how much you need for the next level? are there other ways to shout or just /shout? is 30 the level cap? i find if you're doing a wanted mission, there are always others around doing it too and you don't have to join, as long as you cause some damage it will count as completed at the end. i find using a controller with turbo helps too, though you can't do some combos with it turned on. i also found a controller that has a built in keyboard. any idea when there will be some dlc? what do you do for endgame? thanks again for all this great info. anything else we should know to help us out. easy plat, just time consuming.

wow, thanks, this is great info. been playing for a week and i'm still figuring stuff out. it's like a nice bginner mmos though. a few questions. do you loose xp when you die? (like in ffxi). i don't think so, i haven't deleveled. where can you see how much xp you have and how much you need for the next level? are there other ways to shout or just /shout? is 30 the level cap? i find if you're doing a wanted mission, there are always others around doing it too and you don't have to join, as long as you cause some damage it will count as completed at the end. i find using a controller with turbo helps too, though you can't do some combos with it turned on. i also found a controller that has a built in keyboard. any idea when there will be some dlc? what do you do for endgame? thanks again for all this great info. anything else we should know to help us out. easy plat, just time consuming.
No problem! I added answers to some of your questions under the "Gameplay" section and I also added the section on Items, including exactly how endgame progression works.

Added this to the Basics section. I personally think it'd be a little difficult and suck the fun out of the game, but yes, it can be done. You can max-level a character in 2-4 days, so doing that six times would leave you with a week left over.

Q: How long does it take to platinum this game?

A: 120 hours to 180 hours, depending on skill, focus, and classes selected, so it's entirely possible to platinum the game in the first free month, though you'd have to work hard and skip cinematics. Fire seems to be the fastest class to level right now, and if you're going for speed do not create characters on a PvP server, as it will multiply the time to level greatly. Your focus should be on creating 6 characters with each of the six mentors. You also need to cover all of the travel powers and roles, so you'll need to play these characters somewhat differently.

great, thanks again for all the great info, it will make it easier and much more fun to play the game. one more question, once the free month is up, will they bill you right away if you keep playing or do you have to buy some time first? and if you do, how can you cancel it if you want to take a break and not get billed? ie. i play ffxi for a month, cancel my subscription for a few months, play another month, rinse and repeat. how can we do that in dcuo? just wait till your bought time expires? or does it automaticaly charge you after your time is up for another month? thanks again and great job Azgard!

one more question, once the free month is up, will they bill you right away if you keep playing or do you have to buy some time first? and if you do, how can you cancel it if you want to take a break and not get billed? ie. i play ffxi for a month, cancel my subscription for a few months, play another month, rinse and repeat. how can we do that in dcuo? just wait till your bought time expires? or does it automaticaly charge you after your time is up for another month?
You pay from your Playstation Network account and can manually pay for your subscription month to month or allow the "automatic billing" option to be turned on.

I haven't looked into this a whole lot, so I will and I'll be back with more information.

Edited by Azgard12

They don't tell you but it is in a weird menu in your Psn account, it is 'Services' or something. Dc universe is set to automatically take money from your wallet after the 30 days, or your credit card if that is also set to auto funding. You need to find that menu & change it.

:eek:

probz cos no admin/mod has dcuo yet to look on here XD lol,

btw dunno if this is mentioned in your faq, but i think a quest name and brief overview plus lvl requirement and name of who starts it should be put up(could be helpful for those of us that were semi bugged(as i didnt have a quest between lvl 21 and 24(or somefin like those lvls)(till my mate said his mate had same bug and had to talk to nightwing without a prompt)

probz cos no admin/mod has dcuo yet to look on here XD lol,

btw dunno if this is mentioned in your faq, but i think a quest name and brief overview plus lvl requirement and name of who starts it should be put up(could be helpful for those of us that were semi bugged(as i didnt have a quest between lvl 21 and 24(or somefin like those lvls)(till my mate said his mate had same bug and had to talk to nightwing without a prompt)

I'm sure i've missed loads of missions, and i had about five that just came up as completed with the xp so i couldn't even do them, and also a fair few that it wanted me to do again out of nowhere . Broken game is broken.

I'm sure i've missed loads of missions, and i had about five that just came up as completed with the xp so i couldn't even do them, and also a fair few that it wanted me to do again out of nowhere . Broken game is broken.
Yeah, there's two different people who have told me about 2 hero missions/Challenge Modes. One where you fight Scarecrow, and one where you are in Star Labs and fight Lex Luthor/Metallo.

I haven't seen either in 2 hero playthroughs. :(

Click the below link to have this fantasy FAQ sticked: I think you did a good job and you even answered questions that I even have about the game that I couldn't find on google. :)

Submit - PS3Trophies.org

You make a new thread and name it:

DC Universe Online FAQ

In the thread you can briefly explain it's a FAG for DC Universe Online then you post your link to it and submit the thread. You won't be able to see it once submitted but it's there for the guide team to review

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

I'm unclear about the skill points. I stop getting them now i'm level 30 ? That sucks if true. I thought you got them for doing feats, which is what the feats bar suggests:confused:
You should keep getting them from feats. Essentially, every feat is worth at least 10 "Feat Points" and it takes 100 Feat Points to gain a Skill Point. Some feats are worth 25 Feat Points, and a few are worth 50, even, but these are usually very difficult or time-consuming feats.

If I'm counting correctly, you should be able to rack up 80 or 81 Skill Points.

Looks like some nice work but I stopped reading thoroughly after point number 1. I would add this sentence in there:

'There is currently no guide or roadmap because no-one has been bothered to write one yet. If anyone wants to write one up then feel free'.

Saying there is no point in really having one doesn't seem right, we need guides on the site and adding the sentence above should hopefully keep people interested. Just my thoughts :D

Looks like some nice work but I stopped reading thoroughly after point number 1. I would add this sentence in there:

'There is currently no guide or roadmap because no-one has been bothered to write one yet. If anyone wants to write one up then feel free'.

Saying there is no point in really having one doesn't seem right, we need guides on the site and adding the sentence above should hopefully keep people interested. Just my thoughts :D

I just went ahead and edited out the first question. In all honesty, though, the game has very few trophies and almost all are accomplished the same way. Edited by Azgard12