noob questions

chipite81

hi, just downloaded this yesterday, played a little and really enjoyed it. just a few noob questiond as ive never played an mmo. thanks to anyone who spends time to answer them . cheers i know these have proberly been asked

i'm guessing i dont need to save, but do i have to look for something to say its saving or can i turn it off anytime and start back up from where i did?

i've read that i have to become a member to get trophies, can i still earn them while its free and when i join they pop or is it a waste of time playing if i haven't joined? reason is still working on a different plat and am gonna join once this is finished, but dont want to waste the time.

when i join do you get all the dlc in with the monthly fee. or do you still have to buy it?

if so whats the best one to get 1st?

and lastly anyone have tips for 1st player.

thank you:dance:

Hi there, and welcome to the world of MMO :)

First of all, never worry about saving. It will always save as long as your internet is up.

DC Universe is free to play, and you will get trophies as far as i know. With monthly subscription, it will be easier to get certain trophies, and i guess some trophies are for members only.

With the membership (PSN All access membership) you get this:

Access to all DLC Packs

150 Free Replay Badges Monthly

Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks

Unlimited in-game currency

More Inventory Slots

Free daily Vault Access

Form a League

14 Additional character slots

20 Broker slots

36 Additional Bank slots

Trade items and cash

More info here

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/shop/membership

Hope this help :D

• 2 weeks later...
hi, just downloaded this yesterday, played a little and really enjoyed it. just a few noob questiond as ive never played an mmo. thanks to anyone who spends time to answer them . cheers i know these have proberly been asked

i'm guessing i dont need to save, but do i have to look for something to say its saving or can i turn it off anytime and start back up from where i did?

i've read that i have to become a member to get trophies, can i still earn them while its free and when i join they pop or is it a waste of time playing if i haven't joined? reason is still working on a different plat and am gonna join once this is finished, but dont want to waste the time.

when i join do you get all the dlc in with the monthly fee. or do you still have to buy it?

if so whats the best one to get 1st?

and lastly anyone have tips for 1st player.

thank you:dance:

As it is 100% online game no need for saving.

You only get trophies if you have subscription. If you do the trophies (every trophy has feat in game, so I guess that's how it recognizes you have done them) while free/premium and then subscribe you just need to log in with all characters and witness the pop up trophies. I think you don't get trophies as free is due to at the time this game went free Sony didnt allow trophies to be obtainable on free games. That rule has since then dissappeared.

When you're legendary you get all dlcs for duration of your subscription.

Also all those perks mentioned in that previous post but with addition of 500 loyalty points (which can be used on loyalty vendor in safehouses to buy stuff from marketplace). Basically you get stuff worth 1000 marketplace cash (10$) every month of being subscriber.

Tips when starting. First make sure you think which role you want to be, all powers can be damage but also another role, either healer tank or controller. Then choose the power which fits this choice. When leveling up to lvl 30 always be damage role (fire icon) as others are not needed on leveling up (or how I like to call it Tutorial). Also on settings enable Trade and Looking for group chat tabs! they are turned off as default (stupid decision in my opinion) because they are global (all players see them as shout only works for same area).

Check the settings anyways, makes things better/easier after tinkering a bit.

• 1 month later...

Once you hit level 30, you don't essentially level up anymore in the traditional sense of playing story missions, you measure your progress with your combat rating (CR). The goal at level 30 becomes gearing up to the latest tier. The gear is divided into 6 tiers at the current moment, the higher the tier the stronger you'll become.

In order to reach each tier you need to have the required CR. For example as a fresh level 30 you'll be able to get your tier 1 (T1) gear as there is no CR lvl restriction except to be level 30, after you've gotten all of your T1 gear, you should be CR lvl 53 or so, which will allow you to start your T2 gear. Gather your T2 gear and then you'll be able to get T3 gear and rinse and repeat until you're T6.

To purchase all this gear, you'll need Marks which is the currency used to buy gear. For T1-T5 gear you'll use Marks of Triumph. For T6 gear you'll use Marks of Fury along with a combination of another currency called Symbols of Power for the latest gear atm. In order to gain marks you have to do the content that rewards marks, typically in alerts/duos/solos/raids/daily missions/bounties.

TL;DR: To progress end game buy tier gear appropriate to your CR level > play content on the "On Duty" Tab like alerts/raids etc. for marks to purchase the armor (raids reset weekly every Thursday, the rest reset daily) > Once you get high enough CR, aim for the next tier gear > Rinse and repeat until you are Tier 6.

Edited by sove12ainGenesis