I wonder...

Trellgoth

Is this game still good playable without buying any of the DLC packs?

Ive played the game when it released, and stopped after the free month. Now, waaaayyy after release, I'd like to pick up the game again, but realised there are 9 (!!) DLC packs available...

The game is still playable to a certain degree.There are 10 DLCs now ^_^ I think without any of the dlc's you can get tier 4 gear. At the moment the highest level gear is tier 6. The game is pretty forgiving in terms of gearing up now compared to when you last played it.

I'd suggest playing until you reach end game on free-to-play (though lack of inventory space was a big turn off for me, unless your premium/legendary) and can't progress anymore without the DLCs.

If you still find the game enjoyable, then feel free to subscribe to legendary or purchase all the DLC's. I purchased all DLC's separately since I don't want to have to keep re subbing for new content and I like to take breaks every now and then from this game.

The game is still playable to a certain degree.There are 10 DLCs now ^_^ I think without any of the dlc's you can get tier 4 gear. At the moment the highest level gear is tier 6. The game is pretty forgiving in terms of gearing up now compared to when you last played it.

I'd suggest playing until you reach end game on free-to-play (though lack of inventory space was a big turn off for me, unless your premium/legendary) and can't progress anymore without the DLCs.

If you still find the game enjoyable, then feel free to subscribe to legendary or purchase all the DLC's. I purchased all DLC's separately since I don't want to have to keep re subbing for new content and I like to take breaks every now and then from this game.

Thank you for the answer about the DLC. I've installed the game on my PS4 and started playing last night. I enjoy the game once again, but was amazed by all the new powers in the character creation screen. I went for the Nature power this time and trying to focus on dps.

When I first played the game back in the PS3, I had an end-game fire build for pvp. But you're saying that the end-game back then, is nowhere near the end-game as it is now?

I have to see how far I can get without any DLC, and how much I enjoy it later on...

Perhaps I'll get one DLC later on, to check ou a new power or something.

Thank you for the answer about the DLC. I've installed the game on my PS4 and started playing last night. I enjoy the game once again, but was amazed by all the new powers in the character creation screen. I went for the Nature power this time and trying to focus on dps.

When I first played the game back in the PS3, I had an end-game fire build for pvp. But you're saying that the end-game back then, is nowhere near the end-game as it is now?

I have to see how far I can get without any DLC, and how much I enjoy it later on...

Perhaps I'll get one DLC later on, to check ou a new power or something.

Yea they also made some changes in regard to pvp as well and at the moment end game is all about T6 and weapon mastery. I'd read more about it on the official DCUO forums for more information but basically you can combo your weapon into another weapon for bonus damage and other perks dependent on role. Need a lot of skillpoints to be able to get the benefit from WM though.

I just recently made a villain nature dps, if you need help with a loadout let me know =)