Different region ps4 question

geralds

• 1 month later...

Unless the subscriptions are region-free (highly doubt this), you would be restricted to the trophies of the version that your account is for. For example, if you have a US account, you can only get trophies from the US version since that's the only version whose subscriptions you'd be able to access. Why they decided to make this split for this game of all games eludes me to no end.

• 1 month later...
Unless the subscriptions are region-free (highly doubt this), you would be restricted to the trophies of the version that your account is for. For example, if you have a US account, you can only get trophies from the US version since that's the only version whose subscriptions you'd be able to access. Why they decided to make this split for this game of all games eludes me to no end.

Unless it works like ps plus and 1 account gives access to all sub accounts. Like if you have a eu active account on your ps4 your USA name may work. :confused::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

The answer to your question is a no. US version is different from EU version. They are both on different severs as well. Meaning you will not get trophies for them both at the same time because they also require different region subscriptions.

Not to mention your characters can't be used or transferred over to another sever. It's the same thing of PS3/PS4 cannot play with USPC or EUPC players.

But you can choose to play one over another. For example, there are plenty of EU players who only play the US version of the game because they're more people on USPS sever. Even against the PC there are more PlayStation players as a whole and it's where Sony are making their money from the most. Another reason why this game is still alive and active today.

• 2 weeks later...
The answer to your question is a no. US version is different from EU version. They are both on different severs as well. Meaning you will not get trophies for them both at the same time because they also require different region subscriptions.

Not to mention your characters can't be used or transferred over to another sever. It's the same thing of PS3/PS4 cannot play with USPC or EUPC players.

But you can choose to play one over another. For example, there are plenty of EU players who only play the US version of the game because they're more people on USPS sever. Even against the PC there are more PlayStation players as a whole and it's where Sony are making their money from the most. Another reason why this game is still alive and active today.

So I am to understand it then that you cant play the eu copy on an american account then thus making this impossible to trophy stack.

• 1 month later...
So I am to understand it then that you cant play the eu copy on an american account then thus making this impossible to trophy stack.

Recently, I have found that you can play both on the one account, you just need to fiddle with some settings, plus you'll need to find a way to subscribe to both as well (I'm not fully certain how to get this to work yet).

To get both versions working on one account though, you'll need to:

• Set up a dummy user and a dummy PSN on your PS4, from the other region. This will allow you to download the other regions client (as EU and US are separate for some reason).
  • Go into settings on both user accounts and select 'Activate as your primary PS4', followed by 'Restore Licences' (both under PSN in settings). This allows you to access both clients from the one account (either one).

All that may be for naught though if there is no way to subscribe, I haven't sussed it out fully yet. Perhaps buying a subscription on your EU PSN (with a EU PSN card) account will allow you Legendary access on your US one (untested). If there is a way to subscribe though, you will still need to play through the game all over again for the trophies, as even the trophy lists are separate for PS4.

Edit: after doing some digging around, I can't find a way to sub at all. Trying to access the Playstation Store through the Marketplace doesn't take you to anywhere but a blank screen. Legendary status from one region to the other doesn't carry over (I checked on my alt user for the client I'm subbed on on my main user), and I can't think of any other possible methods, so doing this for the trophies or for anything more than Premium play is impossible.

Edited by statman