Home Base...what's the point?

• 5 weeks later...

There are two key features to the actual base. The first is that, for those out there who enjoy pvp it allows players a one-on-one duel inside of the base, meaning you get another opportunity to pick up some rewards each week. Not really a winner for me as I prefer to play the pve aspects of the game. The feature I was actually really happy with was the option to build up a personal dispenser in your base which affords you with different types of items depending on what you put your marks into. It can give you 1) supply drops which will heal and regen pow 2) orbital strikes which damage an area of effect 3) a lone accomplice of any weapon type of your choosing who can be summoned to fight with you 4) 2 or 3 heanchmen who can be summoned to fight with you and 5) my personal favorite once I got it to level 4... a nice variety of equipment mods for your gear, ranging in everything from proc weapon items, block mods to chest mods which remove the damage penalty for being out of dps mode, ignore large amounts of defense, hand mods that heal when casting a shield, abilities which launch people who hit your block away from you, increase your block effect to a whole new level, etc.

If you inspect any higher tier players and look at their gear you'll see them and their descriptions, more than likely. They go in the second slots on certain item pieces separate from the exo mods (weapon, feet, back, chest, hands, neck).

I had totally given up on getting a reply to this.

Unfortunately, I think you may have missed that I don't have the Home Turf DLC. When I click on that vending machine inside, it tells me it requires Home Turf in order to do that. The DLC is also required for the 1v1 Lair Battles.

So, what I was asking is, what is the point of having a little home base if you don't have Home Turf? It seems like there is nothing useful about it without buying the DLC.

Yep, that'll teach me to stay up until almost 6am and then try to make sense of something. :)

I would say there are a couple possible uses you could find for having the base. The first being the warp to option. Place it somewhere that you like to go and then warp, if the option is available and save yourself a trip. I know of a few people who have planted theirs out on Arkham or Striker's just for convenient access to farming. The other I would have to ask if the actual base decoration works or not. I'm not sure if you need the Home Turf DLC in order to actually use the other possible accessories in the base or if you can even get them without it (by obtaining the collections to unlock) but in the case of league members, it can also be decent for finding a secluded spot to meet up away from all of the people sending duel invites, spamming crap in shout, etc. Not a huge thing, but every now and then the chance for a bit of time away can be golden. And if you're able to put in the amenities it can make for a full service station while you plan out and complete alerts and raids with your fellow villains or heroes.

Other than that... yes, it's a ploy to get you to buy it, just as displaying all of the high tier gear in the headquarters so you can look at it is for other DLC. :p

I do have the ability to place furniture, but I only have a handful of pieces. Since none of them are actually useful (like a merchant kiosk or bank access), the I see no point. Also, as I am not in a League because I can't find a decent one, I really have no need for a meeting place. So, I will just not bother with the Home Base, since it is useless to me.

I wish the bases were like the ships in The Old Republic. You had access to your storage bank, mail, and broker from inside your ship, and it counted as a rest area (giving you 50% more XP for a certain amount of time, depending on how long you were there between logins).

I wish the bases were like the ships in The Old Republic. You had access to your storage bank, mail, and broker from inside your ship, and it counted as a rest area (giving you 50% more XP for a certain amount of time, depending on how long you were there between logins).

That's exactly what the amenities do. I simply don't know if they're accessible without the DLC. With completion of certain collections you can add a sparring dummy, bank, broker, soder vender, mail station and so on to the base. They're rewarded in the oh-so-familiar emails from various individuals and primarily come from Arkham, Striker and Steelworks I believe. Currently I've only managed to complete two of the base item collections, though, as they're generally camped to hell and people sell the rare ones for far more than I'm willing to pay for a collection item based on luck of the draw as to which one it'll be when you find a collection node. If you decide you want to find out if you can access and use them, feel free to send me your in-game name and I'll open up access to my base so you can try it out. If not, wish I was of more help.

• 2 weeks later...

basically what Maldovar said in their second post, there is quite a bit off content involved in the DLC outside of JUST owning a base but without the DLC all your base is good for is a place to warp to, so if you havnt got the DLC place your base in a place you regularly visit so you can get there quicker and as for a place for the league to hang out, thats the next DLC, league HQ's...

Edited by PurpleHaze234