Do Trophies Pop In The Free To Play Version?

iamdemon7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Right now i got it free from ps plus off the PS4 store, will trophies pop since it was free on ps plus? and does the ps plus version of game expire in a month where i cant play it anymore?

The game is free to all with or without plus. It went free-to-play about two years ago. For the trophies to pop you have to get a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I believe though that you can do all the trophy requirements and then get a short subscription and they will pop.

Can anyone confirm which trophies, all or none, will or wont pop? So if we play F2P and get every single trophy, and then pay for 1 month, will they all just pop at once and "Bam" Platinum? Because that would be niceeee. Anyoneee know?

• 4 weeks later...

You can only unlock trophies while you have an active Legendary membership, no if, ands, or buts. That is the only way.

HOWEVER. In the game at all times are things called "Feats". Feats are kind of like in-game trophies, and give you points which are used in the game for another purpose. There are a lot more feats than there are trophies, but all trophy requirements are also feats. This is how it unlocks retroactively.

You can play for free and unlock feats, then once you have all of the feats you want, you can pay for one month to unlock them as trophies.

Keep in mind, if you are on a "Free" membership then you can only have 2 characters, and for the platinum trophy you need to have 6 characters (1 for each mentor). If you purchase at least 1 DLC then you are upgraded to a "Premium" membership, which allows you to have 6 characters while still not paying a monthly fee.

You do need to keep all of your characters, as the trophies to not just unlock as soon as you launch the game. You have to log into each character individually, then after logging in it will retroactively unlock all of the trophies you have earned according to that character's feats. So if you were to get a premium membership, then get 6 characters to 30, meeting all the various trophy requirements with each one, then go legendary, you would need to log into each of the characters one at a time, unlocking a few trophies with each one, until you logged into the 6th character at which point the platinum will unlock.

If all you care about is the platinum then doing it this way would work fine, but keep in mind that the DLC is significantly more difficult and time consuming than the basic list. If you want to get all of the DLC trophies then be aware that the limitations placed on free and premium accounts makes the end-game content more difficult to deal with. Having an active legendary membership to remove all limitations from your account makes the DLC trophies easier to earn.

You can only unlock trophies while you have an active Legendary membership, no if, ands, or buts. That is the only way.

HOWEVER. In the game at all times are things called "Feats". Feats are kind of like in-game trophies, and give you points which are used in the game for another purpose. There are a lot more feats than there are trophies, but all trophy requirements are also feats. This is how it unlocks retroactively.

You can play for free and unlock feats, then once you have all of the feats you want, you can pay for one month to unlock them as trophies.

Keep in mind, if you are on a "Free" membership then you can only have 2 characters, and for the platinum trophy you need to have 6 characters (1 for each mentor). If you purchase at least 1 DLC then you are upgraded to a "Premium" membership, which allows you to have 6 characters while still not paying a monthly fee.

You do need to keep all of your characters, as the trophies to not just unlock as soon as you launch the game. You have to log into each character individually, then after logging in it will retroactively unlock all of the trophies you have earned according to that character's feats. So if you were to get a premium membership, then get 6 characters to 30, meeting all the various trophy requirements with each one, then go legendary, you would need to log into each of the characters one at a time, unlocking a few trophies with each one, until you logged into the 6th character at which point the platinum will unlock.

If all you care about is the platinum then doing it this way would work fine, but keep in mind that the DLC is significantly more difficult and time consuming than the basic list. If you want to get all of the DLC trophies then be aware that the limitations placed on free and premium accounts makes the end-game content more difficult to deal with. Having an active legendary membership to remove all limitations from your account makes the DLC trophies easier to earn.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know! Thank you so much for sharing this :) :)

• 2 months later...

*snip*

Do you know how the DLC works with regards to the legendary subscription?

Is Legendary all that is required or do I have to then purchase the DLC as well?

If I sub to Legendary for a month and then cancel, after that month do I lose access to the DLC? e.g. Like PS+ do I need to retain the subscription to keep access?

Edit: No need to respond, should have read the next tab I had already opened that answered the questions for me;

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free?locale=en_US

Edited by Tanaki Khan

Do you know how the DLC works with regards to the legendary subscription?

Is Legendary all that is required or do I have to then purchase the DLC as well?

If I sub to Legendary for a month and then cancel, after that month do I lose access to the DLC? e.g. Like PS+ do I need to retain the subscription to keep access?

Edit: No need to respond, should have read the next tab I had already opened that answered the questions for me;

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free?locale=en_US

Well as you learned from that link, yeah, all DLC is included with the Legendary membership so you don't need to buy it separately. Also they usually do early access for legendary members when new DLC is released, so you actually get to play the new content like a week before people are able to buy it.

As for the rest of your question, yes, you have to keep legendary, for the most part. If you cancel your legendary then you lose access to most DLC content, but there are some exceptions:

If you choose one of the DLC powers for your character then you can still play that character normally even without legendary, however you can only create new characters with those powers while you are legendary.

If you spec into the Shield weapon tree while legendary then your points stay allocated there and you can continue using shields, but if you respec while you are not legendary then you will not be able to put your points back into shield.

If you choose one of the DLC powers for your character then you can still play that character normally even without legendary, however you can only create new characters with those powers while you are legendary.

If you spec into the Shield weapon tree while legendary then your points stay allocated there and you can continue using shields, but if you respec while you are not legendary then you will not be able to put your points back into shield.

Useful information. Thanks for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...